Sign in to follow this  
KingDingAling

As LM should I veto my own trade?

My first trade offers are usually just starting points. "I'm interested in this player, here's a lowish ball package for him. Counter with what you think he's worth." And then we'll go from there.

I just offered the 0-5 team in our 12 team standard league Emmanuel Sanders and Hunter Henry for DeAndre Hopkins, and he accepted it. For context he literally does not have a TE. There aren't many viable ones in the WW and his other Wrs are Julio Jones and Brandin Cooks. 

Would it be wrong of me to push this through?

didn't do anything wrong, unless he's intentionally throwing away his team the trade stands.

vetoing the trade is actually breaking more rules than the trade itself.

Edited by meekzy

I mean if the other guy legitimately thinks the trade makes him better who are you to tell him otherwise but if he is pleading you to veto it then I think you probably should since its a pretty bad trade and its not like Hunter Henry is doing that well this year. You also, need to weigh the league dynamics. If its a league of friends is it worth pissing everyone off in order to have this trade go through (especially if the league is for a considerable amount of money). If its with strangers (which I doubt in a LM league) then I wouldn't really give a damn, if the guy didn't like the trade he shouldn't have accepted it and screw what everyone else thinks. 

Thanks. I don't think it was egregious. One of my friends saw it and spazzed out. I don't think that team manager did it just to have a fire sale. He desperately needed a TE and he has enough solid WRs. Just wanted to make sure. 

I would like to be on the Hopkins side of that trade, but the offer isn't that lopsided.

Trade looks fine in my eyes.

Should be fine as long as the other owner isn't tanking.

that is my strategy as well, lowball to show who I want and if they accept..great!