Spyplane

Evan Fournier 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

How do you guys see him turning out this season? He has some legit competition but he signed a big extension last year and to me still has the starting spot on lockdown unless he gets hurt.

I think he will be pretty solid and a good target in the beginning of the middle rounds.  Obviously he's not going to get you many rebounds, and maybe he doesn't have much a ceiling above what he did last year, but that's still a productive player around picks 70-80.  I managed to get him at #83 in my draft, and I was happy with that.

I think he'll get around the 30 min mark for the reason above.. he's their best offensive guard and they have a good amount invested in him as is (although that should never be a primary reason). 

At best.. Magic should roll with Payton/Simmons/Fournier/Gordon/Vuc 

I think that is their most effective lineup

He's probably underrated this year, but he's not oozing with upside. He'll be one of the worst g/f for boards + blocks. Not a steals monster either, and we'll see where his fg% ends up as he's shot 44% or lower 3 of the past 4 seasons. He'll definitely score in the mid-upper teens, hit a ton of 3's, and be a good ft shooter. Trickles in some dimes too. But he kind of is what he is. Fantasypros.com has his ADP at 82. I see zero profit at that point. In an auction maybe he's a bit post-hype and you can get him for $6-$8. I wouldn't be upset if I owned him, since he has some definite plusses, but he's not exactly a target. 

This dude was clearly discounted too much in drafts this year. Locked and loaded for big mins this year. Great fit with Gordon and Vuce. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

Pretty hyped but curious to see what happens when Payton returns

Hyped?  He was actually blatantly overlooked everywhere.

25 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Hyped?  He was actually blatantly overlooked everywhere.

Hyped meaning he's stoked, looking forward to Fournier this season.

• Like 1

Surprising that he's not getting more attention here after his start to the season, but it's nice to see it finally happening to an extent after a 10-12 shooting night.

He'll undoubtedly drop off some once Payton comes back since he saw his best production last season when Payton was out as well, but I'm still enjoying what he is giving me so far.

Fournier is going to be on a lot of winning teams. Low hype + on a team no one cares about. Production is not superstar but a step or so below that. People were drafting him in the 100's

• Like 2

yeah I got him for 3$ and keep expecting his production to take a nosedive because I can't believe I got such a steal. he's been so good and so consistent so far it's just crazy to see. with all the hype around aaron gordon, he is overlooked but just a beast and a great steal. a dip in percentages and thus scoring is to be expected, but he'll still most likely blow his APD and projected stats out of the water.

the only negative I can think of is he isn't SF eligible on ESPN, which kinda screws my lineups sometimes (same goes for derozan and GHarris who also were SG/SF last year if I'm not mistaken)

This guy went 95th in my league. The guy who drafted him always goes for the underrated guys like Kemba and Fournier, they were alright for him last season but he's picked both up again and is dominating right now.

Drafted for $2 in auction league. He's ranked 13 overall so far.

Laughing all the way to the bank baby.

Edited by Jyeatbvg

Sell while he's so highly ranked.  Unless you think he's gonna shoot 55% (56% from 3) for the rest of the year, this is probably his high water mark.  You can let it have helped you win your first three weeks, or you can use it to win for your first three weeks and get someone better for the rest the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skiteam14 said:

If I owned him I'd be offering him to Butler's owner

And then nothing happens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skiteam14 said:

If I owned him I'd be offering him to Butler's owner

Absolutely zero chance this trade happens. 

How sustainable do people think this is, especially with Payton returning? Wondering if I should try and sell high on him. Maybe try and add a piece with him to nab Oladipo or Beal?

Edited by hyperionloop