Spyplane

Evan Fournier 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

Theres no way he sustains this. Wayyy to many mouths to feed. Especially since Simmons is playing so well right now. Even if Payton doesnt play this season his numbers are bound to recede. 

35 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Theres no way he sustains this. Wayyy to many mouths to feed. Especially since Simmons is playing so well right now. Even if Payton doesnt play this season his numbers are bound to recede. 

The Magic are one of the top teams in pace so I think this offense can feed as many mouths as possible. It’s tge shooting percent that’s not sustainable atm but I think he Fournier hovers around 20 per all season, He is only 24 still and only getting better.  

Um so Mr. Fournier’s percentages so far. 

55/56/96, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this on such volume. This has to be posted, those percentages though, unthinkable. 

Edited by chud12

22 hours ago, chud12 said:

Um so Mr. Fournier percentages so far. 

55/56/96, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this on such volume. This has to be posted, those percentages though, unthinkable. 

Its almost unthinkable. This is why I figure him to be a good sell high. Right now you can probably land a second-third rounder for him. Its unsustainable. 

8 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Its almost unthinkable. This is why I figure him to be a good sell high. Right now you can probably land a second-third rounder for him. Its unsustainable. 

Google 'Fournier' and click on images. Now tell me if that's unsustainable my dude. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Ofcourse the percentages are unsustainable but he’s ckearly going to have a career year.  

He's having a career year, no doubt. The real test is what happens when Payton gets back and in the groove because that pairing has hurt Fournier's production in the past.

Coming off a bad season last year, his value isn't much higher in people's minds right now because this could be a "fluke" in the long run. I don't believe that but he's a tough sell right now to get back his true value. So, if you want to sell high you best wait until some time later, like January. If he's not a fluke then by then he's established it's not a fluke. If he is a fluke then you've lost nothing, you're still getting your draft value out of him unless you reached.

I picked up him off the wire last year and was satisfied so I drafted him this year. Dude is fire. 

6 hours ago, BlueMeteor said:

I picked up him off the wire last year and was satisfied so I drafted him this year. Dude is fire. 

he’s super underrated. he may be a sell high but i can see him ginishing with top 40 value and where we got him, thats a huge steal. 

Fournier is extremely smart scorer,i actually read analysis about his shot selection and how he has certain spots on a floor where he is efficient and roll with that so he isnt a player that will chuch many bad shots (not that he is immune to 5-17 fg but still this things make difference).

I expected great scoring with empty lines so this is certainly a surprise,expecially his rebounding and is to be seen what will happen with payton returns,my guess assists will deginetely go down  and of course unreal 3 point %..

He had at least one steal in every game so far!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Realistically, if looking at selling high.. How high is the perceived value of a return for Fournier!?

Even if Fournier's efficiency comes back down to earth, he's very likely to finish well inside the top 50 for 9 cat, so any 4th round player is definitely a possibility, maybe late 3rd rounder depending on the particular case is possible. I was offered Nurkic for him in one of my leagues. I turned that down, so yeah.

• Like 1

Think he ends up in the top 60-70 range given his high ranking right now is %s based and historically doesn’t contribute stocks. Definitely think he’s going to outperform his ADP of 100+ but that’s not exactly a high bar.

weary of Payton’s looming return as well.

Would buying low on lets say a Millsap be a good option? Dude is balling right now though I think he might finish the season as a top 50 option.

On 04/11/2017 at 3:48 AM, Kicker said:

Fournier is extremely smart scorer,i actually read analysis about his shot selection and how he has certain spots on a floor where he is efficient and roll with that so he isnt a player that will chuch many bad shots (not that he is immune to 5-17 fg but still this things make difference).

I expected great scoring with empty lines so this is certainly a surprise,expecially his rebounding and is to be seen what will happen with payton returns,my guess assists will deginetely go down  and of course unreal 3 point %..

He had at least one steal in every game so far!

He was ranked 52nd a couple years ago and while giving us 2 threes, 3 boards, 3 dimes while shooting 46% from the field and 84% from the charity stripe.

He's never been a one trick pony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

payton might come back today. if you're going to selll high his value is most likely at its peak right this second. 

Maybe. He played posted great stats in the first two games alongside Payton but I understand the history of these two on the court together. There's a chance that Fournier has simply improved his game. He's a young guy and so it's not a stretch.

23 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He was ranked 52nd a couple years ago and while giving us 2 threes, 3 boards, 3 dimes while shooting 46% from the field and 84% from the charity stripe.

He's never been a one trick pony.

My mistake then i always look at him that way

Sold high on him and got Beal. Was a pleasure having him on my team. 

Google "Fournier" and click on images

Good luck to the rest of the owners

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dazed_up said:

Sold high on him and got Beal. Was a pleasure having him on my team. 

Google "Fournier" and click on images

Good luck to the rest of the owners

Screw you. I'll never unsee that

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Finally finally a bad game.  ?

Unfortunately, it was bound to happen eventually.  The FG% was always going to be unsustainable, but like others have said, he still should be pretty good when all is said and done.