Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

I have both Cousins and Wall :( goodbye to my season

but more importantly, i wish them both a speedy and proper recovery from their injuries

• Thanks 1

A guy in my league's first 4 choices are Leonard, Wall, Love and Vucevic ? somehow he is still in the playoffs for now

• Haha 1

Fantasy basketball=fantasy football. Just a total war of attrition at this point. Near impossible to have your team play their full slate of games every week.

Head 2 Head is borderline unplayable now in fantasy.  The injuries and players sitting because of "trades" simply make you lose your week or multiple weeks.

It doesn't help in ROTO either but it's not as painful.

inj arent as bad or as big of a deal compared to football

you can still win h2h matchups in basketball even with multiple inj if your team has good %'s and t/o

thats 3 categories you can win even with inj 

• Like 1

Double-double's are the stupidest category in the world. Especially when you have Horford, Collins, and Serge, who consistently find a way to end with 9 rebounds or 8 points 

• Haha 1

Marcus Morris got hurt now. Now I'm certain I'm finished in my points league.

I don't even have enough of players to even have a roster lmao. What the f*** ever yo.

• Haha 1

Playoffs becoming more and more like a dream. I can only blame myself really. If I didn't make a couple of retard trades maybe I could've had a better record. 

At least my trades worked out quite well in my Roto league...

I've loved this game for well over a decade now, but really starting to sour on it with all the injuries. Especially with the leagues I play where they're weekly lineups. I would change my league to daily if there was a way to put a cap on games per week, but I don't see an option for it. As mentioned above, it's damn near rare to get a full slate of games. I go into this week thinking I'm in great shape for ROS + playoffs. Then BAM, I lose Wall for the season. BAM, Aaron Gordon's hurt yet again. Then tonight BAM, Giannis is hurt again. This game is starting to suck.

I have bad luck most years but this one is getting worse and worse. In another league (though I'm not as hardcore in) I drew the last pick. My #10 and #11? Wall and cousins!!  FML

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 5:26 PM, nyer01 said:

A guy in my league's first 4 choices are Leonard, Wall, Love and Vucevic ? somehow he is still in the playoffs for now

you want to position yourself to be his opponent come playoff time. If you have to lose on purpose do it lol

42 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

you want to position yourself to be his opponent come playoff time. If you have to lose on purpose do it lol

Yep haha Vucevic is going to be back, and hopefully kawhi too, but Love and Wall got injured together and have the same timetable (6-8w), which means that in their best case scenario they get back the 1st game of our 2nd round 

It's just that I'm not sure he will make the playoffs. Our top 9 teams are very strong and there are just 8 places. His only hope is that the 9th team is coming strong now but had a terrible start (he was dead last for weeks) and the 8th is doing the opposite and now he's drowning

Edited by nyer01

My Kyrie Irving somehow bruises his leg a week ago and still can't play. His Giannis turns his ankle and can't put weight on it less than 24 hours ago but is active tonight. Sounds about right.

• Like 1

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but is the yahoo stattracker broken?  I hate the stat tracker beta

4 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

My Kyrie Irving somehow bruises his leg a week ago and still can't play. His Giannis turns his ankle and can't put weight on it less than 24 hours ago but is active tonight. Sounds about right.

The reason why he is called greek FREAK

Benched and cut E'Twaun Moore while he puts up a monster line. But I don't think he'll have much value with Mirotic arriving anyways. 

Might be time for DFS only next year, my season has been absolutely ruined by injuries this year. Kyrie and Whiteside sitting out because of their “injuries” this week is gonna totally flip my matchup and end my season.

Part of the fun of fantasy sports is managing injuries and working the waiver wire, but when you can’t field a lineup that is healthy for a full week that aspect of fantasy basketball loses its appeal.

4 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

Might be time for DFS only next year, my season has been absolutely ruined by injuries this year. Kyrie and Whiteside sitting out because of their “injuries” this week is gonna totally flip my matchup and end my season.

Part of the fun of fantasy sports is managing injuries and working the waiver wire, but when you can’t field a lineup that is healthy for a full week that aspect of fantasy basketball loses its appeal.

Try customizing your league to have bigger benches.  Default settings with 13 player rosters is the problem.