Saltgurkan15

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

5 hours ago, Anklez2222 said:

Ever have those seasons in a h2h league where

your team is one of the top teams every week but somehow your ranked in the middle of the standings cause every single week everyone plays their best matchup against only you....so Fing annoying 

Still, the 3 playoff weeks are what matters at the end

Does Gallinari know that he can shoot INSIDE the 3 pt line sometimes!??

• Haha 1

Only 1 half, and Gallinari and Austin Rivers are shooting a combined 2-10 for 3's.

Edited by bksm

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Nets have one of the worst coaches.

Doesn't play DLO for entire first OT and now brings him in.

must be Malone cousin

56 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Nets have one of the worst coaches.

Doesn't play DLO for entire first OT and now brings him in.

Lol... Atkinson is a bad coach just because he doesn't bring in your fantasy player? He's done a phenomenal job developing players and staying competitive despite not having any high picks or big FAs 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, akund said:

Lol... Atkinson is a bad coach just because he doesn't bring in your fantasy player? He's done a phenomenal job developing players and staying competitive despite not having any high picks or big FAs 

Sometimes fantasy correlates to real life. 

Can you please tell me why Allen was benched or DLo only played in the 2nd OT? 

The nets have a solid team to compete in the East, let's not get it twisted.

Also how are they competitive when they have one of the worst records? Sure games might be competitive but overall they are abysmal. 

Edited by HotSauce24

2 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Sometimes fantasy correlates to real life. 

Can you please tell me why Allen was benched or DLo only played in the 2nd OT? 

The nets have a solid team to compete in the East, let's not get it twisted.

Also how are they competitive when they have one of the worst records? Sure games might be competitive but overall they are abysmal. 

Because Allen was getting abused by AD and because the Dinwiddie/Crabbe/Harris combo was clicking? Not to mention they might've wanted D'Lo to get some rest as he's still on an injury recovery plan and he committed a boneheaded turnover late in the 4th

They are competitive from game to game despite probably having the maybe the least talented roster in the league - that speaks volumes to Atkinson's systems and player development

(all of this is coming from a Nets fan who watched the game)

Edited by akund
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, akund said:

Because Allen was getting abused by AD and because the Dinwiddie/Crabbe/Harris combo was clicking? Not to mention they might've wanted D'Lo to get some rest as he's still on an injury recovery plan and he committed a boneheaded turnover late in the 4th

They are competitive from game to game despite probably having the maybe the least talented roster in the league - that speaks volumes to Atkinson's systems and player development

That's your problem right there. You're talking to people who didn't watch one second of the game, checked the box score and saw Allen had 8 and 9 in 17 minutes, and freak out, when they had no idea that he and Okafor got ABUSED by AD and they went small. 

• Like 1

I play in seven money leagues, and this is the first time one of them might not make the PO...

Poor FA choices and injuries are killing me to the point that I wasn't even mad that Porzingis is out - just thought lucky he was in my worst team...

16 hours ago, akund said:

99% of the players get abused by AD.  How do you think a young player like Allen will learn when you yank him?

Dinwiddie played awful.

Carroll played awful.

They wanted DLO to get some rest yet they brought him back in the 2nd OT? How does that make sense?  If that's the case, they should've not him played the 2nd OT as well.

Allen had a better +/- than Dinwiddie, Carroll and Crabbe.  Guess what, DLO did too!

They have enough talent to compete for the 8th spot in the east (provided that they are healthy).

I like how some posters lament about us fantasy sports enthusiasts complaining about the coach on a fantasy sports site. I like how they pretend this forum is to discuss the real life implications of a particular team.  I think you are on the wrong forum.

Edited by HotSauce24

Off topic but am I the only one has an issue with LBJ always needing the best team around him?

If he's the best in the world, why does he always needing to team up with the best players FA and trades Cleveland can find?

Earn it man.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

99% of the players get abused by AD.  How do you think a young player like Allen will learn when you yank him?

Dinwiddie played awful.

Carroll played awful.

They wanted DLO to get some rest yet they brought him back in the 2nd OT? How does that make sense?  If that's the case, they should've not him played the 2nd OT as well.

Allen had a better +/- than Dinwiddie, Carroll and Crabbe.  Guess what, DLO did too!

They have enough talent to compete for the 8th spot in the east (provided that they are healthy).

I like how some posters lament about us fantasy sports enthusiasts complaining about the coach on a fantasy sports site. I like how they pretend this forum is to discuss the real life implications of a particular team.  I think you are on the wrong forum.

It's one game dude. They came back from 28 with Acy out there. Allen's minutes have gone up plenty over the last few games. And DLO's turnover at the end of regulation was so awful that idk how any coach could justify not benching him. They absolutely do not have the talent to compete for the 8th spots. That's a ridiculous claim. All 8 current teams are significantly more talented, not to mention Detroit and even Charlotte and Chicago have more talent. 

And to your complaint about posters on a fantasy sports site: you asked why these players got benched, and people told you specific reasons that don't relate to fantasy. And then you get mad about it. So I don't really know what you expect lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Off topic but am I the only one has an issue with LBJ always needing the best team around him?

If he's the best in the world, why does he always needing to team up with the best players FA and trades Cleveland can find?

Earn it man.

Why does LeBron need to win alone to get validation? People sit around and criticize his finals record like it's his fault even though he usually has to go against a better team. Then he wants to bring in more talent to help and people complain about that too. How's the guy supposed to win? And then you have a team that won 73 games with 2 of the 5 greatest shooters ever and added a top 5 scorer. Yet LeBron is supposed to win with a 6'10 big that can't really play defense and a midget at point guard? Doesn't seem fair to me. 

7 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Why does LeBron need to win alone to get validation? People sit around and criticize his finals record like it's his fault even though he usually has to go against a better team. Then he wants to bring in more talent to help and people complain about that too. How's the guy supposed to win? And then you have a team that won 73 games with 2 of the 5 greatest shooters ever and added a top 5 scorer. Yet LeBron is supposed to win with a 6'10 big that can't really play defense and a midget at point guard? Doesn't seem fair to me. 

GSW were basically built thru the draft when they won their title.  Then, they added KD.   Cavs have 2 players in their rotation that they drafted.

They basically had a eastern conf all-star team to start this season....that didn't work now,  they have almost an entirely different team with additions of Hood, Hill, Nance & Clarkson.   Those 4 there are probably better than some eastern conference teams top 4 players.

Edited by DLG10

2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

It's one game dude. They came back from 28 with Acy out there. Allen's minutes have gone up plenty over the last few games. And DLO's turnover at the end of regulation was so awful that idk how any coach could justify not benching him. They absolutely do not have the talent to compete for the 8th spots. That's a ridiculous claim. All 8 current teams are significantly more talented, not to mention Detroit and even Charlotte and Chicago have more talent. 

And to your complaint about posters on a fantasy sports site: you asked why these players got benched, and people told you specific reasons that don't relate to fantasy. And then you get mad about it. So I don't really know what you expect lol

Still doesn't answer the previous poster's claims.  Posted said they wanted to rest DLO yet they brought him back for 2nd OT.  Did they have some clairvoyance to predict a 2nd OT?

Allen played better than most of the starters.  DLO did too.

I didn't ask why these players got benched. I simply stated that the coach is terrible and I stand by that sentiment (fantasy or real life).

Also I think a healthy nets can nab the 8th seed. DLO, Lin, Carroll, RHJ, Allen, Dinwiddie, Crabbe etc.

6 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

GSW were basically built thru the draft when they won their title.  Then, they added KD.   Cavs have 2 players in their rotation that they drafted.

They basically had a eastern conf all-star team to start this season....that didn't work now,  they have almost an entirely different team.

But how is that LeBron's fault? He plays in Cleveland, a team with notoriously bad ownership. They drafted Anthony Bennett number 1 for God's sake! GSW on the other hand drafted incredibly well. But that's not the players job. 

Edit: And I also don't really buy that "basically had an eastern conf all-star team." IT was out for the entire first half essentially. LeBron and Love. That's it. Celtics and Raptors both have 2 all-stars too. 

Edited by ak427
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Still doesn't answer the previous poster's claims.  Posted said they wanted to rest DLO yet they brought him back for 2nd OT.  Did they have some clairvoyance to predict a 2nd OT?

I didn't ask why these players got benched. I simply stated that the coach is terrible and I stand by that sentiment (fantasy or real life).

Also I think a healthy nets can nab the 8th seed. DLO, Lin, Carroll, RHJ, Allen, Dinwiddie, Crabbe etc.

But that's the problem. They haven't been healthy all year. Lin got hurt opening night. DLO was hurt for a while and doesn't look right still. RHJ is always hurt. They don't have the talent to win games yet. 

11 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Guys we're in foul trouble is the reason DLO was brought back in 2nd overtime.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

Meet my splash brothers...

I needed points and FG% if I wanted to win this week, but my splash bros had other ideas.

Untitled.png

just needed 7 points from the Bosnian Blimp to win my match up. Big Nurk averages 14 a game, ranked 26 over the last 30, easy peasy lemon squeezy right ??

naahhhhhhh, ******** donuts. Goes scoreless then limps off with multiple injuries . You s--- ****

q0NAD.gif

• Haha 1

lost by ONE ******** reb...because stupid Portland had to get blown out..and aminu doesnt get to play. he never gets less than 5 rebs. I hate fantasy sometimes