Sign in to follow this  
RustyMiller

New Orleans Saints 2017 Season Thread

Are these guys for real?

How did they turn from a joke last year to the one of best fantasy defenses?

With a good looking matchup vs an Arodless Packers next week too.

I"m playing them this week.   They are currently the 6th highest scoring fantasy defense in my league. 

Still seems weird to play them at Greenbay but i'm  going for it.

3 minutes ago, Mysticmuth said:

I"m playing them this week.   They are currently the 6th highest scoring fantasy defense in my league. 

I'm with you. They're creating turnovers so what more do you want in a D, especially against a QB starting for the first time this season.

I'm a Saints homer and rolled with the Saints DST this week on a gut play, which easily could've been mistaken for bad gas stemming from my whiskey hangover.  As the poster above mentioned, the play was based off their D's strong performances for two straight games before the bye, and facing a gimpy Stafford at home.  Paid off obviously. 

"Legit" is not the word I would use to describe our D, as we still hemorrhage yards and big plays.  The difference this year is we're getting after the QB and pulling down some key turnovers.  The addition of Marcus Lattimore at CB has been huge.  All of this, mind you, has been without Delvin Breaux, who is supposedly returning soon.

I'm deciding between the Saints and Steelers DST this week, and actually leaning Saints. 

Who dat?

I hope the Saints are for real this year. Brees deserves another Super Bowl win.

I think the Saints D is going to be a great play vs Green Bay, who is injury riddled and with Hundley coming in.

3 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Who dat?

I hope the Saints are for real this year. Brees deserves another Super Bowl win.

I think the Saints D is going to be a great play vs Green Bay, who is injury riddled and with Hundley coming in.

He’ll get one next season in Denver

It starts in the secondary. Marshon Lattimore has turned into a stud at one corner, and Ken Crawley is playing very well at the other. Vonn Bell is playing well in his second year, and Vaccaro is having a good season. Marcus Williams has looked good as a rookie...Sterling Moore and PJ Williams stepping up and having their moments. The secondary is looking very good (great chemistry thus far), and it's creating more time for the line to get after the QB. The defense isn't perfect by any stretch, but it looks vastly improved. It's not the same ole Saints defense that we've gotten used to under Payton. Now...we'll have to see if they can keep it up as OCs adjust to what they're seeing on film and find new ways to attack. 

Fantasy football for ya, when the Saints D/ST is one of the best in the league. What wacko alternate reality are we in right now?

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Fantasy football for ya, when the Saints D/ST is one of the best in the league. What wacko alternate reality are we in right now?

One where i picked them up and plan on playing.

Rodgers - out

Bulaga - Concussion protocol

Bahktiari - Aggravated hamstring injury

Lane Taylor - Knee/ankle injury

Come on down Saints D/ST. 

22 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Not sure. We Saints fans don't know what to do right now. Lol. 

The shut down Cam newton, held Miami scoreless and dominated the Lions...once or twice is a fluke but 3 times is in a row is pretty impressive... I say roll them out for ROS lol

On 10/17/2017 at 11:18 AM, Mysticmuth said:

I don’t care about playing outdoors even in the cold. My saints are hungry and will be looking for some kid qb who will be running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

4 hours ago, free_hernandez said:

Dropped Denver for them which have been terrible (for fantasy purposes) all year, no ragrets!

I love your commitment here. 

17 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I love your commitment here. 

Yeah, wow but real life defense doesn't always get you fantasy points.

18 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I don’t care about playing outdoors even in the cold. My saints are hungry and will be looking for some kid qb who will be running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Heh, heh.  Some snow would perfect but the forecast is for the low 60's. Ah well.

I posted this in the DST thread on the AC Forum:

Dont sleep on the New Orleans Saints DST.

Last week I mentioned them for the Detroit game because Stafford was clearly not 100%

Saints have a favorable matchup this week against the Aaron Rodgers-less Packers. Next week: home against the Bears.

I'm freaking out. Check out these similarities between the 2006 Saints vs the 2017 Saints. Sean Payton is literally reliving that season all over again. He built almost a carbon copy of these skill position players. 

2006 Reggie Bush: 1307 total yards and 9 TDS

2017 Alvin Kamara: 1304 total yards and 10 TDS

2006 Deuce Mccalister: 244 rushing attempts for 1057 yards and 10 TDS

2017 Mark Ingram : 246 rushing attempts for 1082 yards and 8 TDS

2006 Drew Brees: 554 passing attempts for 4418 yards and 26 TDS

2017 Drew Brees: 550 passing attempts for 4428 yards and 26 TDS

2006: 392.0 offensive yards per game

2017: 391.5 offensive yards per game

Colston's 2nd year in the league: 98 receptions for 1200 yards

Thomas's 2nd year in the league: 100 receptions for 1100 yards

2006: Saints were 6-2 after 8 games

2017: Saints were 6-2 after 8 games

For all of those that questioned the Cooks trade to the Patriots for a rd1 and rd3 pick. .  it was all about getting better in the draft

Everyone is contributing except Alex who is on IR

r1- Marshon Lattimore CB
r1- Ryan Ramczyk     T
r3- Alvin Kamara  RB
r3- Alex Anzalone LB
r3- Trey Hendrickson DE

Looks like Payton made out like a bandit on this trade with Hoodie but both coaches improved their teams in the end.

DST has cooled off as of late. Last two weeks they haven't done much. Time to jump off the train or will they get back on track. Cam should be good for a few sacks and a few turn overs, right?