crazybob60

Dejounte Murray 2017-18 Season Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him yet.

He had a good little run to end the season last year, and with Parker hurt to start this season for a few months, it appears he may be in a timeshare with Mills for some minutes.

But again, Pops is the coach, so who really knows, but he fits the mold kinda well.

He has had a great preseason where he has contributed in almost every cat.

Last game he had 15/6/5/3

The Blocks that he gets from the Guard position are Gold.

Pure watchlist. I love Dejounte, but he's not a good shooter (and not a great fantasy player) and won't get the minutes anyway.

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Pure watchlist. I love Dejounte, but he's not a good shooter (and not a great fantasy player) and won't get the minutes anyway.

I think his game profiles to be very fantasy friendly because of his stocks and boards potential. His chance at being serviceable is before TP returns. I don't think he needs 30+ minutes to get some decent stuff. If he gets 24-26 minutes he should show some glimpses and I would expect good things in soft matchups (like the Bulls in game 2). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I think his game profiles to be very fantasy friendly because of his stocks and boards potential. His chance at being serviceable is before TP returns. I don't think he needs 30+ minutes to get some decent stuff. If he gets 24-26 minutes he should show some glimpses and I would expect good things in soft matchups (like the Bulls in game 2). 

He's a very talented scorer, but the reality is that even if a guy like Mills got injured and Dejounte was a must-add, his per-minute value wouldn't be great because of his role in the offense, as well as his shooting, bringing everything down.

Just trust me on this. I argued about plenty of things last season. I was right about a lot, I was wrong about a lot. But I'm hardly ever wrong about analyzing a guy's per-minute fantasy output. Look no further than the "bbbut assists!" argument about Dellavedova last year. Dude always was, and continued to be, a terrible per-minute producer. You need to look at the entire picture.

Edited by miasma16

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's a very talented scorer, but the reality is that even if a guy like Mills got injured and Dejounte was a must-add, his per minute value wouldn't be great because of his role in the offense, as well as his shooting, would bring everything down.

Just trust me on this. I argued about plenty of things last season. I was right about a lot, I was wrong about a lot. But I'm hardly ever wrong about analyzing a guy's per-minute fantasy output. Look no further than the "bbbut assists!" argument about Dellavedova last year. Dude always was, and continued to be, a terrible per-minute producer. You need to look at the entire picture.

I am not arguing that Murray has weaknesses. I don't think his game is the classic PG assists/shooting game, but he can put in some serviceable stats. I look at him as being more of an athlete that can break down defenses better than anyone healthy on the Spurs right now. I am curious enough to take a late flier on him, but make no mistake when I mean serviceable I mean he is expendable if something more promising presents itself on the wire. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Thr value he brings to the table is stocks potential.  Especially the out of position blocks.

And the value Dellavedova was supposed to bring was assists potential.

His game isn't particularly fantasy-friendly. Stocks don't matter in a vacuum, there are 9 categories. He's a watchlist player until he starts seeing 25-30 mpg.

Edited by miasma16

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

And the value Dellavedova was supposed to bring was assists potential.

His game isn't particularly fantasy-friendly. Stocks don't matter in a vacuum, there are 9 categories. He's a watchlist player until he starts seeing 25-30 mpg.

Was Delly ever considered an assist potential? Honestly, I thought everyone was understanding that Delly spaced the floor and was PG by name and Greek ran the offense. I don't know of anyone that drafted Delly thinking he was anything more than a dude that could knock down a couple open 3's courtesy of Greek.

I think the point we are all having a tough time articulating about Murray is that he needs to fit your team build because he isn't a complete or prototypical PG. He needs to get 25-30 mpg and we are all speculating how Pop will roll but we won't know until the games start. We know that Murray's best chance to get minutes required to be on your roster will happen before TP returns. Depending on your league settings and size will depend if you should stash him or watch him on the wire. 

Just now, thezing1 said:

Was Delly ever considered an assist potential?

Yes, there were plenty of foolish posters that thought he was a mid-to-late round pick last season that I attempted to set straight. It seemed he was dropped in just about every league of reasonable depth by the time November came around.

Just now, miasma16 said:

Yes, there were plenty of foolish posters that thought he was a mid-to-late round pick last season that I attempted to set straight. It seemed he was dropped in just about every league of reasonable depth by the time November came around.

You seem particularly passionate about Murray. I figured you have fought this fight before. I genuinely did not know anyone was high on Delly last year because he was never on my radar. Keep fighting the good fight

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

worth the add in 10 teamers? 

those out of position stocks are soooooooo nice. in a punt 3 build I can see him being justifiably rostered in a 10team league.

8 shots though? he's not hitting 7 or 8 every night, seems like his floor is too low for standard leagues? trying to see if I should snag him.

5 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

8 shots though? he's not hitting 7 or 8 every night, seems like his floor is too low for standard leagues? trying to see if I should snag him.

Scoring is overrated.  He seems to have the support of Pop and the minutes, stocks will follow.

8 shots is about what youll get from him with the minutes he played. I'm ok with that

He could be a player wherein Josh Richardson like stats are expected. Gets stats across the board and won't hurt you much anywhere as long as he gets the minutes.

Out of position blocks? Count me in. TP will be babied all year and Mills isn't a starter imo. Taking a flyer with the Lin injury hitting me. Was going to pick up a big because I need blocks and saw this guy. Per minute numbers look good, and he looks like a 1,1,1 producer if getting minutes. I don't need him for points. 

Just picked him up off the waiver wire, he looks to be the future of the Spurs and his numbers will increase when Kawhi comes back

6 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

He could be a player wherein Josh Richardson like stats are expected. Gets stats across the board and won't hurt you much anywhere as long as he gets the minutes.

He can't shoot, so, again, that's not at all the case.

Anyway, first game is encouraging because of the minutes. He's at the least a stash, but is still probably in line for deep league production at the moment. Just realize that if he doesn't shoot 88% from the field, nobody is talking about him as an add.