crazybob60

Dejounte Murray 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, affliction said:

he blew up tonight. did patty get hurt?

That seems like the only explanation for his 9 minutes, but I can't find anything about it. Parker was also out though btw

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

he blew up tonight. did patty get hurt?

Pop rested a bunch heading into the game. Pop then rested another bunch after the first half. I am assuming Patty was part of the crew that rested after halftime. 

• Thanks 1

Gonna bump this one up instead of the other one since this is the main one. Anyone taking the gamble on him now that Tony is ceding the starting position to him? I'm thinking about it.

• Like 1

oh didnt know there was another one. i would give him a flier but i had just picked up kyle anderson and he seems like a much safer lock for value right now 

I'll be watching this closely.. Swapping Ish Smith for him is my option if I like what I see plus he'd have ROS value.

Another thing.. later in season Spurs may rest some guys and I doubt they rest Murray.

Edited by thetomkuczek

Hmm...thinking of dropping Milos for him, but being a starter in SA doesn’t really mean much. At the same time, he did log 28 minutes as the starter tonight and had a pretty nice line.

just grabbed him. I think passing the torch to him means 25-28 mins which is more than enough i guess

42 minutes ago, Manos A said:

just grabbed him. I think passing the torch to him means 25-28 mins which is more than enough i guess

But for what really? He is a bad roto player. Of course I see you are H2H 8 cats which I suppose means no turnovers so there he has some value, but it's only for certain builds. Dude is a bad shooter, bad a/to ratio, no threes at all (at least Rubio gets one). He basically only gets rebounds and stocks. An end of the bench guy but I think that spot is best for streaming. This week though he has 4 games so he has value.

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

But for what really? He is a bad roto player. Of course I see you are H2H 8 cats which I suppose means no turnovers so there he has some value, but it's only for certain builds. Dude is a bad shooter, bad a/to ratio, no threes at all (at least Rubio gets one). He basically only gets rebounds and stocks. An end of the bench guy but I think that spot is best for streaming. This week though he has 4 games so he has value.

as you said im in an 8 cat league which means bad a**/to ratio is irrelevant to me. A pg with 0 3s is bad, im with you on this but he does give you a ton of out of position stats which is rare. Rebs steals and occasional blocks is great for a guard. A streamer in his place is possibly a better idea but as you said he does have 4 games this week with favorable match ups. So in that case he can be consider a streaming option with the potential to be a rest of the season hold if he improves drastically his numbers this week.

Had same chance when season started and blew it. I’m not buying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dropped Chriss for now to test the waters with Murray since it doesn't seem like Chriss will come back anytime soon (but also have a high waiver wire pick in case he does). Hopefully consistency and confidence can find its way to Murray since he's now getting the blessing of Pop and Tony to be the starter.

2 hours ago, bmoney0111 said:

b2b, tuesday & Wednesday definitely streaming. Will hold if #s are good.

same streaming for the b2b he seems like a perfect fit for me as i'm punting TO and 3's....

Good stream for rebounds and some assists / stocks but wouldn’t get your hopes up given 30 minutes may be out of reach and he wasn’t that good (lack of 3s and %s hurt) when he had the opportunity earlier this season

2 hours ago, backyardballer said:

Good stream for rebounds and some assists / stocks but wouldn’t get your hopes up given 30 minutes may be out of reach and he wasn’t that good (lack of 3s and %s hurt) when he had the opportunity earlier this season

His lack of 3s really limits his ceiling but im in a 14 team 8 cat H2H so his out of position production in the other categories make him a no brainer add. As for the start of the season, he was starting because he was the only option and not because he was ready...however  he had some great lines and then he started regressing, but if Pop believes its time for him to get the starting job who are we to question him? I konw a lot of owners saw the promising lines at first and then they got really frustrated by his regression but i dont think he is in the same situation right now. Even if hes not ready (...again), playing 25-30 mins will be more than enough with his well rounded stat lines. I mean stocks and rebs can come even in the bad stretches (Convigton is the living proof of that).

Edited by Manos A

I get people not picking him up if you're not punting threes and don't have other valid three point options on your team, but doesn't make sense to not pick him up ONLY because you're not punting threes. I am 2nd in total threes in my league and have no qualms about picking him up. Dude has the potential to pick me up in other areas, and I don't need him to up my threes when I've got guys like Harden, Oladipo, and basically everyone else carrying that cat for me. But yea, we'll see how he plays out tonight!

• Like 1