kmoore1521

Tyreke Evans 2017-2018 Outlook

9 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

The relationship is tarnished, they'll continue to showcase him and trade him in the off-season. 

How do you trade a Free Agent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But they shutdown Tyreke for reason - last weeks he was always DTD, knee, hand issues. Miss 2nd round picks for him to try resign. Because they wouldn't be tanking next season, new rules for lottery and they try hold Marc Gasol. Tyreke best 6-th man like Lou Williams. How much paid Lou? May be Tyreke stays.

Gotta love stuff like this for fantasy basketball...

Will he be shut down or not?

I'm going to try and trade Tyreke in a multi player deal. I would rather move him for players which are better than our leagues free agents versus holding him, seeing him get shut down, and settling for a mediocre free agent. Just the approach I would personally feel better taking. 

Good luck to everyone on whatever they decide with Tyreke. 

On 2/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, meteorya said:

But they shutdown Tyreke for reason - last weeks he was always DTD, knee, hand issues. Miss 2nd round picks for him to try resign. Because they wouldn't be tanking next season, new rules for lottery and they try hold Marc Gasol. Tyreke best 6-th man like Lou Williams. How much paid Lou? May be Tyreke stays.

Wha . . . ? He's been healthy all season and has had zero problems with his knees or hands. He's played in every game so far except when he had the squirts. He was never DTD. He was shut down because the Grizzlies were attempting to trade him and didn't want him to get injured while they were exploring trade options.

:wacko::blink:

• Like 2

Lmao the "squirts."  Hilarious.

2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Wha . . . ? He's been healthy all season and has had zero problems with his knees or hands. He's played in every game so far except when he had the squirts. He was never DTD. He was shut down because the Grizzlies were attempting to trade him and didn't want him to get injured while they were exploring trade options.

:wacko::blink:

There were a few times he was GTD for a hand injury and knee soreness. It was nothing major though

4 minutes ago, scienze said:

Lol they can’t shut him down for good ... can they? 

I mean, lakers did it with deng....

hmmmm?

Of course they can and most likely will at some point.  When is question.

2 hours ago, scienze said:

Lol they can’t shut him down for good ... can they? 

I mean, lakers did it with deng....

hmmmm?

Luol Deng is 32, with declining skills and the Lakers signed him to a 4 year $72 Million dollar contract before last season. I’m sure he wants to play but living in LA and being a veteran voice and a good locker room guy isn’t all that bad when you’re paid. 

Evans is 28, having his best year and is playing for a contract. It’s not like the Grizzlies have a bunch of young talent like the Lakers. Some may argue that the Grizz don’t want to pay and keep Tyreke so they won’t play him.

They should play him and consider keeping him. He seems to be a good fit. He may sign for a discount as well (if he likes it there... I think he does) keep in mind he played college ball at Memphis also.

With all that said the Celtics offered two 2nd round picks for Evans and it wasn’t good enough so they declined. If they had no intentions to play him ... they would’ve at least taken those 2 picks whether they used them or moved them as assets to trade up.

Poor Grizzlies.

Here they envisioned a 1st round pick for Evans while the remaining Memphis squad tanked itself to a premium lottery pick.

Instead, nothing for Evans. Plus he's still here and is actually going to help them, uh, win games, en route to a not-as-good lottery pick.

Yes, the Grizzlies this year have failed even at tanking.

Either way, I will be VERY happy if I see Tyreke step on the court with the same confidence that he had before his long rest. 

Reke Havoc, hopefully, has returnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Luol Deng is 32, with declining skills and the Lakers signed him to a 4 year $72 Million dollar contract before last season. I’m sure he wants to play but living in LA and being a veteran voice and a good locker room guy isn’t all that bad when you’re paid. 

Evans is 28, having his best year and is playing for a contract. It’s not like the Grizzlies have a bunch of young talent like the Lakers. Some may argue that the Grizz don’t want to pay and keep Tyreke so they won’t play him.

They should play him and consider keeping him. He seems to be a good fit. He may sign for a discount as well (if he likes it there... I think he does) keep in mind he played college ball at Memphis also.

With all that said the Celtics offered two 2nd round picks for Evans and it wasn’t good enough so they declined. If they had no intentions to play him ... they would’ve at least taken those 2 picks whether they used them or moved them as assets to trade up.

what locker room? luol deng isnt even with the team. LOL

Weird injury. Hope he is ok and it’s nothing serious.

With the  “minutes management” for him and Gasol to happen soon, I wonder if it would have been better for us Tyreke owners for him to have been traded to a team that would not shut him down and play him consistently. I was happy at the time because I didn’t think the Grizzlies were that type of organization. But we will see.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000