kmoore1521

Tyreke Evans 2017-2018 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

What with Roto telling us to sell high? Do u share their pessimism?

I do and I dont.

On one hand, he has had numerous injuries so its possible he goes down anytime. On the other hand, he looks really good and thin. I also think that playing in the second unit and getting less minutes will do well for his body.

I mean, we've seen countless players who were injury prone until they werent. IE Wall with the knees, Curry and the ankles, Brook, Eric Gordon, Brad Beal etc. 

Obviously Tyreke has had more chronic injuries than these players, but the point is that players can string together healthy seasons and maintain fantasy value

I do think that he is some what of a sell high in that he's been on a crazy tear and he cant maintain these numbers/percentages (17PPG on 48%) .

But I dont think hes sell high due to the injuries

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

He hasn't played near a full season since 2014, and even that was an anomaly (missed 10 games a season at a minimum prior to that).  He's playing limited minutes and is in his physical prime, so there's always a chance he beats it, but he hasn't been healthy in seasons and is shooting well above career averages for both FG% and 3FG%.  That being said, I don't own Evans and feel pretty good about him this season.  I would sell for someone decent, if you were to sell at all.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ganandorf said:

Yeah, I saw that. I would hold him. I think his role in the offense is solidified, and we've seen what he could do in the past. It hurts that he's not quite a brand name compared to some more highly owned players. I would feel the market for him, but totally content if I keep him. 16/5/5 is rare for a SG/SF. 

• Like 1

Due to lack of name value and roto blurbs telling everyone to sell high, approaching other owners with offers involving him will seem "desperate" and nobody wants to "buy high". I'd say ride him while he's hot and use a pull strategy instead. Wait for offers you like as others feel his value first hand against you that week. The average owners are more interested in players that previously killed them the weeks before. Most owners are not that willing to give up a quality player with name value for someone you most likely got off the waivers. I own him and tend to keep as he's low risk high reward for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

Due to lack of name value and roto blurbs telling everyone to sell high, approaching other owners with offers involving him will seem "desperate" and nobody wants to "buy high". I'd say ride him while he's hot and use a pull strategy instead. Wait for offers you like as others feel his value first hand against you that week. The average owners are more interested in players that previously killed them the weeks before. Most owners are not that willing to give up a quality player with name value for someone you most likely got off the waivers. I own him and tend to keep as he's low risk high reward for me.

This!

I was about to be real petty and get on him about these missed free throws, but he's too awesome.

Anyone whos really watched him this season....has to be excited.

He looks possessed to make everyone remember how good he was and what made him ROY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yo this guy is really good. Its amazing how much he has matured from his early years. He is BY FAR the Grizzles 3rd best player, he looks so comfortable out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21/5/2/3/1 tonight. Top 50 player on the year and #18 since he's been given his usual 30+ mins. All of that from the waiver wire. 

Unreal.  

EDIT: And a 3. Forgot that one. 

Edited by Kaboom
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone should worry if his resurgence will be sustainable, as long as he's healthy he will be.  People tend to forget how good he is, last season really was the only or one of the few where he has been fantasy irrelevant.  

Just now, trusthaprocess said:

Hell yeah! Hopefully he can keep rolling like he's been doing. Dude is #37 in Yahoo leagues, the old 'Reke is back! 

Tyreke Reke Havoc Evans!!! *without the sound of cowbells :lol:

• Haha 1

Dammit. Part of me wants to sell high. I can bundle him with Ariza and Randle to get Draymond Green.

But in my points league, Tyreke is pretty much outputting the same amount of pts as Draymond Green so I'm pretty torn here. Hopefully he doesn't get God damn hurt.

If he can stay healthy, he is pickup of the year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jin said:

If he can stay healthy, he is pickup of the year.

6 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Tyreke suddenly the 2nd most reliable guy on my team behind AD. "Decent" pickup.

Look out for the return of Ben McLemore - Per Rotoworld blurb.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Tyreke suddenly the 2nd most reliable guy on my team behind AD. "Decent" pickup.

here too... from waiver wire to my 2nd best player in 10 days.

if only he would get PG eligibility.

Hurts every time I see this topic and think how I left him on the wire due to past experiences 

1 hour ago, tesla said:

here too... from waiver wire to my 2nd best player in 10 days.

if only he would get PG eligibility.

Is this is a legit possibility? I wouldn't think so with Conley on the team. However, if he is in line to get a PG designation then I would be stoked.