Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Al-Farouq Aminu 2017-2018 Season Outlook

To his credit, he still put up a block and a 3 plus a few boards last night. Will wait to see if he is going to miss any time before I do anything drastic. I've got Bledsoe occupying my IR so if AFA is going to miss extended time I don't think he's worth carrying the dead weight.

Out tonight.... Encouraging to hear CJ McCollum say how much they will need him back though. Always a good sign to get backed by one of the leaders/stars.

• Like 1

He is looking like a hold until we see how he performs the first couple days he's back with the Portland frontcourt fully healthy

1 hour ago, Roto4500 said:

Will Harkless get a big benefit from Aminu being out?

I'd say so but Terry Stotts can be very unpredictable. I'm using harkless as a punt play in DFS tonight

Edited by hlin8821

48 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Will Harkless get a big benefit from Aminu being out?

I'm thinking it will be Vonleh that will start at PF...he started last year and Stotts likes him there.

What happened with INJ?   In Yahoo Aminu is only Out.

Please I'm in a hurry. 

Edited by Tonimn

Hi all, this is my first post but need some advice. Currently in H2H league and i've been suferring early on... Kawhi @ 1st rd and Hayward @ 3rd (who I have now dropped. Nurk and Aminu both gave me a boost recently esp Aminu with his performance all round... but now that he's injured im tempted to drop him for a bit and pick up someone else. Batum is also sitting on the WW so that would have me at 3 injured players if i kept aminu. Is this a bad choice? 

24 minutes ago, Sab said:

Hi all, this is my first post but need some advice. Currently in H2H league and i've been suferring early on... Kawhi @ 1st rd and Hayward @ 3rd (who I have now dropped. Nurk and Aminu both gave me a boost recently esp Aminu with his performance all round... but now that he's injured im tempted to drop him for a bit and pick up someone else. Batum is also sitting on the WW so that would have me at 3 injured players if i kept aminu. Is this a bad choice? 

Post team specific questions here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/

Think he's a drop unless you have an IR spot for him.

11 hours ago, Tonimn said:

What happened with INJ?   In Yahoo Aminu is only Out.

Please I'm in a hurry. 

Doesn't look like they've updated yet still...

Yahoo finally updated to injured.

I have Miles Turner in my IL now so i guess I should just switch them.

Hopefully Miles will be back Sunday

• Thanks 1

This guy started the season top 30 and you all want to drop him for a 2-3 week absence? He's a hold as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

Look at his stats,. He’s had like 3 good games so far, and had been trending downward before the injury. Mostly good for 7 pts 6 reb 1 3pt and 1 block. Plus there are a ton of bigs on Portland. And Vonleh just came back. He was droppable in 12+ team leagues right before the injury and insta-drop in non-IR leagues after injury. 

He was going off before the injury... Any idea he'll be just as good when he comes back even with the whole front court fully healthy??

5 hours ago, hlin8821 said:

He was going off before the injury... Any idea he'll be just as good when he comes back even with the whole front court fully healthy??

The guy was putting up 2nd to 3rd rd value with defensive stats and threes here and there. He is being undervalued

Like a day or two after he got hurt, CJ said they really need him back, that he's a key part of their team.  He's probably their 4th best player and 2nd best front court player, so they probably need him to play 25+ minutes a night in order to have success.  He might get eased back a little into things, but he will be good for 25-28 minutes a night IMO, and that should produce top 75 value easily.

I'd stash him if you can afford it specially if you have an IR slot. He was putting up 3rd to 4th round value before the injury. If ever he comes back and don't perform you can just drop him. But if he produces like pre injury then you got yourself a gem. 

1.6 - 9.4 - 8.1 - 1.8 - 0.9 - 1.3 - 0.8 how'd i say. it is just impossible.

he will have a nice line maybe once in a week if nurk had early 3 pf or something but expect a lot of duds because now vonleh is in town too like they need 1 more player to feed.

afa is an easy drop same as other guys in portland except dame and cj.