Sign in to follow this  
BlueJaysIn2030

2017 WORLD SERIES - Astros V Dodgers

Well, here we go. This is what I've wanted all year... 2 teams with a lot of personality in the WS.

What are you guys thinking the outcome will be?

I'd love to see the Dodgers win it... I really want Kershaw to get his due. But it would also be a pretty awesome story for the city of Houston if the Astros win it.

I'm going to say... Dodgers in 6.

If i were a betting man I would say the LA Bums in 6. Pitching will be well-rested, and is deeper, especially the relief corps. 

Plus the Astros don't have a ridiculously-bearded redhead.

1 hour ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

But whyyyyy

Angels fan. Won't hear the end of it if the Dodgers win. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

41 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

If i were a betting man I would say the LA Bums in 6. Pitching will be well-rested, and is deeper, especially the relief corps. 

Plus the Astros don't have a ridiculously-bearded redhead.

They don't, but Keuchel's beard is much better. 

These were the two teams I was hoping to see play in the Fall Classic when the playoffs began.  There's nothing more I want to see than Kershaw erasing any doubts about his status as the best starter in the game against the most stacked lineup on the planet, but at the same time, the Astros could be the next MLB dynasty, and seeing JV finally earn a ring with them would be fantastic.  No strong geographical rooting interest in either team, so I'll root for the Astros as the slight underdog.

The biggest question mark to me is if Seager can make a meaningful contribution for the Dodgers.  I think he makes the lineup just in case, but it seems like he's really ailing.  With the DH in play for games 3-5, the LA lineup could look really thin by comparison if he can't go.

I'm a Cub fan so I don't really have any alliance to either team. I just hope for some real good baseball drama. Meaning, I'd like to see 6 or 7 games, tight scores, dramatic moments. Memorable.

I don't want to see a sweep or a 4-1 game series. I don't think we will but just saying, hope it does not go down that way.

People seem to think Kershaw has been good in the playoffs so far. 3.65 era with 6 hr in 3 games is not that good. I sincerely hope he has a great game 1, but that's a tough lineup and he hasn't been strong so far. He hasn't been awful either obviously. 4 HR in that one game vs Arizona though.... Eeek 

Should be a good series though, two great teams. A decent amount of star power as far as baseball is concerned.

More like who cares about the World Series? 

After the Yankees lost in the ALCS MLB should just cancelled the World Series.

Nobody is going to watch the darn thing...

Er, LA and Houston are the #2 and #4 largest cities in the US, and the Dodgers are #2 in merch sales behind the Yanks. I live on the East coast, but let's give some love to the rest of the US.

I'm a die-hard Dodgers fan and I got my money on my boys in blue. But I am not naive enough to think that they will sweep Houston - who have a lot of great talent too. I'm looking forward to seeing how this series plays out, and most of all hoping to get tickets to go to one of the games in person! (Prices are hella expensive right now)

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

Er, LA and Houston are the #2 and #4 largest cities in the US, and the Dodgers are #2 in merch sales behind the Yanks. I live on the East coast, but let's give some love to the rest of the US.

yo can you make it 2017 instead of 2018? in my rush to beat @Fuzzy_Slippers to the punch, i got carried into a new year.

8 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

People seem to think Kershaw has been good in the playoffs so far. 3.65 era with 6 hr in 3 games is not that good. I sincerely hope he has a great game 1, but that's a tough lineup and he hasn't been strong so far. He hasn't been awful either obviously. 4 HR in that one game vs Arizona though.... Eeek 

Should be a good series though, two great teams. A decent amount of star power as far as baseball is concerned.

He had a bad game against AZ after the Dodgers were up by a ton. That happens 

Should be a good series - I say Dodgers in 5, I just think its their year and like their bullpen better

17 hours ago, Dodgers said:

Dodgers in 6

Really? I thought for sure you'd be more of an Astros fan

5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Wouldn't the Red Sox be paying part of AGon and Crawford's contract even yet?

I think Boston sent a little money but Dodgers basically bought those players trying to add talent.  Ethier is making big money too and had a bomb in NLCS but its been a terrible contract.   

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

I think Boston sent a little money but Dodgers basically bought those players trying to add talent.  Ethier is making big money too and had a bomb in NLCS but its been a terrible contract.   

According to Spotrac the Red Sox were still paying on both at 857,000 last year. They are also still paying Manny 1.99m in deferred money (has nothing to do with the Dodgers just found it funny).

1 hour ago, Dodgers said:

17.5 mill for Ethier this year. His last year with team. They wont use teams option.

By the way, this is not uncommon, the other NL power to win WS the Giants,  in those WS years had like 1/2 of their salary either dead, off the roster or completely useless...When teams get their young cheap starts to breakout like Dodgers have or Giants did with Bum, Cain, Posey, etc...your overpriced vets they replace hang on the books

Gonzalez what a POS......left to go on vacation and won't even hang in the dugout for the WS

But if they win it all he will be first one with a hand out for a ring