Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Ty Montgomery or Duke Johnson? WHIR

I take Monty. 

GB has to rely on the trusted pass catchers and running backs, and they still have a pretty good offense to lean on for the rooky QB. Monty is feeling reasonably good in the flak jacket, will get a bit more passes than carries but should still be a major force, and gets the goal line attempts too.
Duke will definitely have a decent game, but I think Monty > Duke, and GB > Browns, and NO D < Ten D, and add the market share - I think it's Monty all the way.

Unless he gets hurt again, in which case I will be crying. A lot.

I'd lean toward Duke. NO has actually been decent against both rushing and passing td's this year vs. backs. Good luck. 

Duke easily..  reports are out there that Aaron Jones could take the lead role at RB. He gives the offense the spark they are gonna need with Rodgers out. 

I've left myself open for a lot of "told-you-so's"...but I decided to go with Montgomery over Duke. Hoping it works out, as I'm facing the top team in the league (I'm tied for second) in what could be a very high-scoring game (perhaps not as much for me, if Ty falters...knock on wood that he doesn't). 

And with Aaron Jones already having 4 carries for 70 yards (!), I'm not feeling great about my decision...

12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think it's Monty all the way.

I couldn't have been more wrong - at least I still won the game where I played him as well as the game where he was played against me (CSB). How did you do?

Week 8 start Duke!

That's Aaron Jones backfield as I feel like they're going to rely on him more to relief some pressure of Hundley. He's this years Jordon Howard. 

Edited by erick2008e

On 10/23/2017 at 12:03 AM, Boudewijn said:

I couldn't have been more wrong - at least I still won the game where I played him as well as the game where he was played against me (CSB). How did you do?

Just saw this comment now. Yup, we def couldn't have been more wrong on this one! :lol:  Glad to hear you were still able to get a win. Not so for me, but the Duke/Ty decision wasn't a factor. I had the 3rd best score in my league...and still lost by 25, as my opponent had Wentz & Agholor go off on MNF, counteracting a strong game I got out of Cousins.

By the way, for anyone looking in now, this was a thread for Week 7. Nothing to see here for Week 8 :) 

Edited by Corleone