phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

Stills? Him and Moore have a connection dating back to last season.

i plan on moving up waivers and picking up FA at 5 am!

Top Waiver Claim for me this week is a ticket out of Fantasy Football forever. Hard to pass up 

Edited by Broncos132

1 hour ago, damageinc said:

I assume 14 in your league due to fumbles ?  just curious. He had 18 in NFL..com and CBS and was a top 10 QB yesterday/ Yards 235 = 9 points, 30 rush + 3 points and rushing TD = 6

Had a bit over 16 in mine, and we lose 2pts per fumble. So he should have had 4 more. 

4 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Better put a claim in for Woodhead this week! Do it before the announcers talk about him all night long on Thursday when the RB committee isn't working again for Baltimore. I am sure his name and status will be brought up 2-3 times when they play and how bad the offense needs him 

Plus, good replacement in case a RB gets injured. Week 13 on schedule looks very good too if it comes to that:

Week 13: Detroit

Week 14: @ Pittsburgh

Week 15: @ Cleveland

Week 16: Indianapolis

Woodhead can't come back until week 11 at the earliest, right?  So weeks 8, 9, and 10 you are essentially burning a spot.  Hard to do with bye weeks coming.

Dion Lewis, sure looks fine.  But I've been Beli'ed before and not going to fall for it.  As soon as I pick him up, then Burkhead will play 80% of the snaps.

Two come to Mind:

1) Robinson wr KC

2) IF he explodes tonight- Doctson wr WASH

Rod Smith went 

8/61/0

once zeke was out the game

Golladay. Should be healthy coming after the bye and Tate is probably out for some weeks. Should see some volume and is a good RZ target.

The only widely-available FAs I'm interested in adding are JuJu and Doctson, and even there we're talking $1 FAAB bids (unless Doctson goes bananas tonight).

Seems like a good week to sit tight and preserve your $ or waiver priority, especially with the trade deadline coming up on 10/31. 

Unless something happens tonight, Tuesday night is going to be a good time to take a nap rather than waste time entering waiver claims.  The most interesting guys I'm seeing are one-week fill-in options: the OAK duo with Lynch suspended and Stills if Parker misses again.  (I don't think I'm desperate enough in any of my seven leagues to reach for any of those guys.)  Nothing of real value from a long-term standpoint. 

There are some interesting stashes (aren't there always?) but players like that are usually best acquired on Wednesday morning for free.

Trent Taylor in PPR. Could become a safety-net for Beathard.

49ers selected Louisiana Tech WR Trent Taylor with the No. 177 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

Taylor (5’8/181) complemented Carlos Henderson at slot receiver in the Bulldogs’ prolific passing game, leading the nation in receiving yards as a senior with a 136-1,803-12 (13.3 YPR) stat line and finishing his career with an absurd 327 receptions. Quicker than fast, Taylor’s agility showed up at the Combine in his three-cone (6.74) and short-shuttle (4.01) times. Taylor is a diminutive, slot-only prospect with tiny arms (28 ¼") and 4.63 speed, but he is sure handed with run-after-catch creativity and has a chance to become a Cole Beasley- or Danny Amendola-type player in the pros.

Apr 29 - 3:36 PM

I scooped Golladay this morning by dropping a bench player.  Since he's on bye, he will stay a FA until MNF tonight, and some platforms (Yahoo) let you drop players you didn't start after they play.

With Tate likely to be out for at least a week or two, he's worth the add.

Swoop up the Detroit Lions D/ST if someone dropped them before the bye!

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Swoop up the Detroit Lions D/ST if someone dropped them before the bye!

Huh?  Vs the Steelers on SNF.  Not exactly a great spot , especially minus ngata , Glover Quinn, and tavon wilson.

Just now, afgolfman666 said:

Huh?  Vs the Steelers on SNF.  Not exactly a great spot , especially minus ngata , Glover Quinn, and tavon wilson.

I grabbed them all the same. The late season/playoff schedule is too good. I'm prepared to carry two defenses for at least another week.

6 hours ago, lolcopter said:

arbusto-rotolante-tumbleweed-gif-west.gi

Awesome!

8 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Meh.  Steelers aren't exactly world beaters on the road, and I think Detroit is almost match-up proof this year with as many turnovers as they're causing.  And like Queeq said, they have a juicy playoff schedule.

6 hours ago, damageinc said:

You don’t need to look at his stats (28 of 35 for 235 passing yards) or know he scored his first rushing touchdown to realize his play against the Dallas Cowboys was eye-opening. The way FOX analyst Troy Aikman praised him — mentioning Beathard in the same sentence as Joe Montana — let’s you know it.

It lets you know that Aikman's concussion symptoms are worsening by the week.

Riddick could be a pickup you can make now .. no Tate so he shooild get mor targets 

I like Riddick too, and Golladay's red zone potential.

Andre Ellington if dropped after AP signing..Palmers done, Zona will be playing from behind , more dumpoffs then AP getting carries