phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

Nick O’Leary this week. Tyrod needs to throw to someone and he likes his TEs. 

Logan Thomas was excused from the Bills' practice Wednesday due to a personal matter, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports. Head coach Sean McDermott said he wasn't certain if Thomas would rejoin the team in time for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

The Bills seem content to give Thomas as much time as he needs to handle the personal matter, but his potential absence Sunday would loom large. Charles Clay (knee) won't be available for the contest, so if Thomas is also absent, Nick O'Leary and Khari Lee would be the team's only remaining tight ends.

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Nick O’Leary this week. Tyrod needs to throw to someone and he likes his TEs. 

Logan Thomas was excused from the Bills' practice Wednesday due to a personal matter, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports. Head coach Sean McDermott said he wasn't certain if Thomas would rejoin the team in time for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

The Bills seem content to give Thomas as much time as he needs to handle the personal matter, but his potential absence Sunday would loom large. Charles Clay (knee) won't be available for the contest, so if Thomas is also absent, Nick O'Leary and Khari Lee would be the team's only remaining tight ends.

oooo thanks for sharing this. Been pondering who my Engram bye week guy is going to be (Kroft, Howard) but if Logan Thomas is out Sunday, think I gotta give O'Leary a shot. Tyrod has to throw to someone.

8 hours ago, Irish bayou said:

Deonte Thompson , Dede Westbrook 

I’d take Demarcus Robinson over both of these cats.  

16 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Demarcus over Dede? Bold, but I have to disagree. He's, at best, 4th in line for receptions. Dede could very well be the primary passing-game target within a couple of weeks. And btw, I own zero shares of Dede. 

Edited by Flyman75

18 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Alex Smith’s fourth option in the pass game isn’t very exciting

This is going to be bold but it's possible that Demarcus Robinson ends up seeing a similar target share as Tyreek. He's out there every snap almost and gaining Smith's trust. Alex Smith isn't the old Alex Smith and hes been let loose. 

DeMarcus may not have a super high ceiling but I think there's a decent chance he can put up numbers similar to an Amendola ROS (assuming Pats receivers and gronk stay healthy). This isn't a guy with zero pedigree. While I wouldn't necessarily say it's likely, he has a chance of being part of a dynamic offense and it could turn out him, Reek, and Kelce share roles as 1a/1b/1c any given week. 

Dontrelle Inman, just traded to the WR-needy Bears? 

58 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

This is going to be bold but it's possible that Demarcus Robinson ends up seeing a similar target share as Tyreek. He's out there every snap almost and gaining Smith's trust. Alex Smith isn't the old Alex Smith and hes been let loose. 

DeMarcus may not have a super high ceiling but I think there's a decent chance he can put up numbers similar to an Amendola ROS (assuming Pats receivers and gronk stay healthy). This isn't a guy with zero pedigree. While I wouldn't necessarily say it's likely, he has a chance of being part of a dynamic offense and it could turn out him, Reek, and Kelce share roles as 1a/1b/1c any given week. 

So a high variance play with superior talent in front of him? Hard pass

if it didn’t happen for Conley, it’s not going to happen for Robinson. He looks like a much better real life player than fantasy

Edited by lolcopter

Martavis demoted to scout squad today. Maybe a punishment for a day or maybe worse. Juju I assume is the pickup. 

New update: he will be inactive on Sunday. 

Edited by martinjlm

8 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Martavis demoted to scout squad today. Maybe a punishment for a day or maybe worse. Juju I assume is the pickup. 

New update: he will be inactive on Sunday. 

Juju in concussion protocol. 

23 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

So a high variance play with superior talent in front of him? Hard pass

if it didn’t happen for Conley, it’s not going to happen for Robinson. He looks like a much better real life player than fantasy

Well that's what many WR3/4 that you're trying to get for your bench are outside of high upside gambles...

Robinson was tied for the team high in targets in Week 7 and played 61 snaps versus 40 and 33 for Reek and Wilson. I'm not saying that there's definitely some sort of major breakout here, but deep leagues should take a look as he could be a useful bye week fill in. Lots of week 9 byes and he has a pretty good matchup against Dallas. 

I don't make statements in absolutes but try to share useful information. There are no absolutes in fantasy. You just need to observe trends and make decisions based on them. Highly dismissive posts with zero analysis or consideration of different leagues (like yours above) are one of the major problems with this forum.

Edited by Random Dude

3 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Alex Smith’s fourth option in the pass game isn’t very exciting

He won’t be 4th for long.   8 targets last game.  He’ll be the second option sooner than later.  Kids a beast. 

44 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

He won’t be 4th for long.   8 targets last game.  He’ll be the second option sooner than later.  Kids a beast. 

Unless Kelce or Hill miss time with injury I don't see how this is a suitable projection.

27 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Unless Kelce or Hill miss time with injury I don't see how this is a suitable projection.

Were they injured last week?

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Demarcus over Dede? Bold, but I have to disagree. He's, at best, 4th in line for receptions. Dede could very well be the primary passing-game target within a couple of weeks. And btw, I own zero shares of Dede. 

If Hurns and Lee haven't been able to be useful in fantasy I have a hard time buying into Dede. If you have space then sure maybe he's worth a stash, but the Jags aren't letting Bortles pass much these days, so there aren't many targets to go around. 

2 hours ago, Random Dude said:

He passed the eye test to me last week, when they played the Raiders on Thursday Night. Besides Tyreek Hill, he looked like their best WR out on the field.

I’m going to pick him up this week as a depth and bench add, need all the help that I can get in that area.

Also, I like that you called Tyreek Hill ‘Reek,’ since I’m a Game of Thrones fan! Ha.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tyler Lockett plays great at home in seattle, sneaky play this week.

What about Paul Rich

2 hours ago, jnormy said:

Dontrelle Inman, just traded to the WR-needy Bears? 

Hard to get excited when Trubiscuits is only throwing the rock like 4 times a game

3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

I just picked up Doctson this week, but he will probably be on my bench this week.

Thinking im playing him. I feel this is great matchup for him where Cousins will have to involve him more or there just going end up like they just did to Eagles . They cant just keep relying on Reed and dumpoffs to Thompson 

43 minutes ago, banana said:

Were they injured last week?

You're banking a rest of season projection on a one game sample size?