phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

Just now, disasterisk said:

You're banking a rest of season projection on a one game sample size?

Nope but not writing it off completely. He did look pretty good!

31 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

If Hurns and Lee haven't been able to be useful in fantasy I have a hard time buying into Dede. If you have space then sure maybe he's worth a stash, but the Jags aren't letting Bortles pass much these days, so there aren't many targets to go around. 

Bortles has attempted 31+ passes in 4/7 games, and he attempted 26 in a blowout over Indy on Sunday. I would push back on the not-letting-Bortles-pass-much idea. Yes, he's 22nd in pass attempts, but he also has that outlier game of 14 attempts in that whooping of Pittsburgh when Fournette was going ham on the Steelers defense. A normal game for him puts him middle of the pack. I'm not hyping Dede by any means, but I do believe his talent is superior to Hurns and Lee, so I wouldn't exactly make them the benchmark for him. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Thinking im playing him. I feel this is great matchup for him where Cousins will have to involve him more or there just going end up like they just did to Eagles . They cant just keep relying on Reed and dumpoffs to Thompson 

Very valid point. Projected 9 PTS in my 1.0PPR league.. I might throw him in the FLEX spot

40 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

What about Paul Rich

Still there, still playing just saying for this week Lockett is at home and stats show he has his best games at home.

Had a TD called back for penalty last week

3 hours ago, jnormy said:

Dontrelle Inman, just traded to the WR-needy Bears? 

I think what this really means is that Mike Williams is close to 100%

36 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Yes, definitely need to add him in all formats.

20 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I dont see it happening this yr. Maybe for playoffs, maybe

1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

I dont see it happening this yr. Maybe for playoffs, maybe

He played 24% of snaps last week. Guarantee that goes up significantly this week. Think Doctson.

12 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Dion Lewis is about to have another decent week.

I was thinking White was about to blow up.

1 hour ago, Travdaddy10 said:

I was thinking White was about to blow up.

Based on? Over the past 4 weeks Gillislee, Lewis and White have split the carries almost exactly 50/40/10, with Lewis getting the best results. I expect the unexpected with Belichick, but why White?

58 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Based on? Over the past 4 weeks Gillislee, Lewis and White have split the carries almost exactly 50/40/10, with Lewis getting the best results. I expect the unexpected with Belichick, but why White?

Rex Burkhead. Had 18% of the snaps. Same as Gillislee. Averaged 5.2 YPC. Same number of targets a Lewis. TWO red zone attempts. On his FIRST game back. That will continue to grow ROS.

Edited by martinjlm

Corey Coleman coming back fairly soon, but the QB situation is a real problem.

5 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I don't believe this has any bearing on Williams, imho. 

10 hours ago, jnormy said:

Dontrelle Inman, just traded to the WR-needy Bears? 

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

6 hours ago, martinjlm said:

I posted this in the Mike Williams thread:

I dont see how that "helps" or "clears the way for Mike Williams". Inman had 2 catches on 4 TARGETS FOR THE WHOLE SEASON!!! He hasnt played since week 5 and was INACTIVE the last 2.

Better stashes this year are Corey Davis, Josh Doctson, Dede Westbrook and even Corey Coleman.

Maybe next year.

Just now, Gryfter said:

I posted this in the Mike Williams thread:

I dont see how that "helps" or "clears the way for Mike Williams". Inman had 2 catches on 4 TARGETS FOR THE WHOLE SEASON!!! He hasnt played since week 5 and was INACTIVE the last 2.

Better stashes this year are Corey Davis, Josh Doctson, Dede Westbrook and even Corey Coleman.

Maybe next year.

I didn't mean it as giving upside to Mike Williams, I meant it as the Chargers now feel comfortable with Mike Williams health so that had no reason to hang on to Inman anymore

4 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I didn't mean it as giving upside to Mike Williams, I meant it as the Chargers now feel comfortable with Mike Williams health so that had no reason to hang on to Inman anymore

Yea. true. My response was also towards some article about clearing the way for Williams in his thread:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Dontrelle-Inman-Clears-The-Way-for-Chargers-Mike-Williams-453184743.html

Edited by Gryfter

8 hours ago, banana said:

Nope but not writing it off completely. He did look pretty good!

I had to look 5 posts back to see we're talking about Demarcus Robinson.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3043116/demarcus-robinson 

He did look pretty good, but the week before  he caught 1/5, so I have my reservations. 8 targets from Smith is nice in this offense though, so he's on my watch list. Thanks!

I was going swing for the fences wit Deonte Thompson this week. Espn projection 1.9????? WTF

Last week 22 snaps 4 rec 107yrds

I feel Tyrod will hit him with a 50+ yrd TD against Oak horrible secondary. Am I missing something 

51 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

I was going swing for the fences wit Deonte Thompson this week. Espn projection 1.9????? WTF

I feel Tyrod will hit him with a 50+ yrd TD against Oak horrible secondary. Am I missing something 

im streaming tyrod this week and have a lot of byes, i was thinking about grabbing deonte and pairing him with tyrod, but the only problem is that he just played, like, 14 % of the snaps last week... i know its going up this week, but just dont know how much ...

Fluke game by a career bench warmer that was cut from the stacked Bears WR core.

if you wanna know how this plays out, look t Rishard Higgins game log.

LOL@worrying about projections.

14 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Fluke game by a career bench warmer that was cut from the stacked Bears WR core.

if you wanna know how this plays out, look t Rishard Higgins game log.

Agree I dont want to get Higginized here but Tryod has always been an underrated QB, has chemistry with Deonte and its hard not to see him being WR1 for Buff. Not that it really matters to me, but thought projection of 8 was more realistic .