phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 8

13 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

...yeah so Alex Collins again? Caught 2 balls tonight too, how about that. Looks like the better RB too

He should be owned but the game flow really went in his favor which may not happen much especially if Flacco is out for a while.

10 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Matt Moore. Hear me out.

IF Moore plays really well tonight AND secures the job from f-ing Cutler....

I am streaming him AND Tyrod ROS.

Week 8 - Tyrod vs OAK

Week 9 - Tyrod vs NYJ or Moore vs OAK

Week 10 - Tyrod vs NO (only iffy week)

Week 11 - Moore vs TB

Week 12 - Moore vs NE

Week 13 - Tyrod vs NE

Week 14  - Tyrod vs IND or Moore vs NE

Week 15 - Tyrod vs MIA

Week 16 - Tyrod vs NE

NE - 32nd vs the pass AND just lost Hightower for the season

IND - 31st vs the pass

TB - 30th vs the pass

OAK - 23 vs the pass

NO - 21st vs the pass (but surging)

NYJ - 20th vs the pass

Well nevermind now. FF is hard! ?

Even so those week 14-16 willl be cold/snowy not much passing going on. You want dome qbs

2 hours ago, Ragnaroker said:

He should be owned but the game flow really went in his favor which may not happen much especially if Flacco is out for a while.

Teams will do the same thing that they did to the Dolphins tonight. Stack the box, and then dare Ryan Mallet to beat them.

1 hour ago, Asys71 said:

Even so those week 14-16 willl be cold/snowy not much passing going on. You want dome qbs

NFC South For the win! Indoor arena football shootouts baby!

1 minute ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Teams will do the same thing that they did to the Dolphins tonight. Stack the box, and then dare Ryan Mallet to beat them.

Has Joe Flacco been Dan Marino this year? It's not like the Ravens have been making people respect the pass this year, nothing changes. Im sure Collins has seen his fair share of stacked boxes all year, especially since teams know he one dimensional. Makes what he is doing all the more impressive. Collins is still limited by his role- low TD likelihood and very limited work in passing game

5 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Has Joe Flacco been Dan Marino this year? It's not like the Ravens have been making people respect the pass this year, nothing changes. Im sure Collins has seen his fair share of stacked boxes all year, especially since teams know he one dimensional. Makes what he is doing all the more impressive. Collins is still limited by his role- low TD likelihood and very limited work in passing game

Ryan Mallett.

Edited by Bingo Bandanas

32 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Anquan Boldin? Possibly? A stretch I know. 

Was just about to post this. Given the dreadful wr landscape he is def worth keeping an eye on. 

36 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Anquan Boldin? Possibly? A stretch I know. 

It will be interesting to see his landing destination, if a team does scoop him up.

I believe that he wants to be closer to his family and home in Florida. So, that could possibly mean Jacksonville, Miami, Falcons, Tampa Bay, Saints, Tennessee, and possibly the Texas teams.

Out of those teams, I could see Jacksonville and Miami (given Parker’s health) as contenders.

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Was just about to post this. Given the dreadful wr landscape he is def worth keeping an eye on. 

The man is a legend, but coming back at 37? Just stay healthy Anquan, don't do this.

tell me if yo soy muy loco, but:

upside 'backups' like Derrick Henry, Marlon Mack, Matt Breida get a lot of love on these forums, no?

Largely with the thinking of "if the 1st stringer goes down, this guy could be a stud"

In moderately deep 2QB leagues... where people are starting the likes of Keenum, Kizer, Matt Moore, Trubisky, C.J. Beathard...

here is a name for you: Jimmy Garoppolo. It's a sad thought... but if Brady goes down--- Garoppolo is a talented QB who will have the best options in the league (Gronk/Cooks/Hogan/Amendola/Lewis/White).  

It's an atypical-- but shrewd- stash. The problem  is he occupies a valuable bench spot... but in a  world where those Breida and Mack types are somewhat hot commodities... why not Jimmy?  And Tom aint a spring rooster either. All it takes is one bad hit... and *poof*

6 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

but in a  world where those Breida and Mack types are somewhat hot commodities... why not Jimmy? 

Because Breida and Mack are worth points today (Mack more than Breida), and Garoppolo only potentially under certain circumstances in the future.

Btw I think the kid is pretty good and deserves a starting job. But for now in my leagues there are no points for holding a clipboard.

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

tell me if yo soy muy loco, but:

upside 'backups' like Derrick Henry, Marlon Mack, Matt Breida get a lot of love on these forums, no?

Largely with the thinking of "if the 1st stringer goes down, this guy could be a stud"

In moderately deep 2QB leagues... where people are starting the likes of Keenum, Kizer, Matt Moore, Trubisky, C.J. Beathard...

here is a name for you: Jimmy Garoppolo. It's a sad thought... but if Brady goes down--- Garoppolo is a talented QB who will have the best options in the league (Gronk/Cooks/Hogan/Amendola/Lewis/White).  

It's an atypical-- but shrewd- stash. The problem  is he occupies a valuable bench spot... but in a  world where those Breida and Mack types are somewhat hot commodities... why not Jimmy?  And Tom aint a spring rooster either. All it takes is one bad hit... and *poof*

Muy loco. In a non-rostered scenerio of Garoppol, say Brady went down and someone else in the league grabbed Garoppolo on waivers before you, you would replace Brady with another NFL starting QB since there's a multitude on the wire. That's not a option on waiver RBs. Using a valuable roster spot on a backup RB in the event of injury/elevation to starter instead of using one on a backup QB in event of injury is a absolute no-brainer given position scarcity. Not saying Brady won't go down (he's taking hits a-plenty this year) or having Graoppolo over Case Keenum or Trevor Siemian isn't appealing,  but unless you have 7 bench spots it doesn't compute. 

28 minutes ago, bendover said:

Muy loco. In a non-rostered scenerio of Garoppol, say Brady went down and someone else in the league grabbed Garoppolo on waivers before you, you would replace Brady with another NFL starting QB since there's a multitude on the wire. That's not a option on waiver RBs. Using a valuable roster spot on a backup RB in the event of injury/elevation to starter instead of using one on a backup QB in event of injury is a absolute no-brainer given position scarcity. Not saying Brady won't go down (he's taking hits a-plenty this year) or having Graoppolo over Case Keenum or Trevor Siemian isn't appealing,  but unless you have 7 bench spots it doesn't compute. 

did you catch the part where I referred to deep, 2QB leagues?

For reference, the 'most owned' available QB's in my 2QB league are:

Jay Cutler

Jacoby Brissett 

Sam Bradford

Brian Hoyer

Patrick Mahomes

and that's with many teams forced to start Keenum and Kizer types-- and several teams that don't even have a second QB-- which is a major disadvantage. 

Garoppolo is a dart throw-- and it's highly unlikely to pay dividends-- but if you are a playoff contender, but doubtful you can make a deep playoff run because your 2nd QB/flex spot stinks, he is a lottery ticket could pay off. 

It's a little out there. But if nothing else, I think he is worth... acknowledging...

.....maybe.... kinda... 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

did you catch the part where I referred to deep, 2QB leagues?

For reference, the 'most owned' available QB's in my 2QB league are:

Jay Cutler

Jacoby Brissett 

Sam Bradford

Brian Hoyer

Patrick Mahomes

and that's with many teams forced to start Keenum and Kizer types-- and several teams that don't even have a second QB-- which is a major disadvantage. 

Garoppolo is a dart throw-- and it's highly unlikely to pay dividends-- but if you are a playoff contender, but doubtful you can make a deep playoff run because your 2nd QB/flex spot stinks, he is a lottery ticket could pay off. 

It's a little out there. But if nothing else, I think he is worth... acknowledging...

.....maybe.... kinda... 

Misread the 2 QB thing. If you can roster 3 QBs, then Garoppolo would be a solid lotto, especially if you hate Brady and root for him to go down. :wacko:

I like the Jimmy G stash in 2QB leagues. It would make watching Brady get folded up like a piece of origami doubly awesome

Edited by owenmills

If Gordon misses time, Ekeler will do what Hunt did, surprise the world.  He has that "come-out-of-nowhere star" written all over him.

49 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

If Gordon misses time, Ekeler will do what Hunt did, surprise the world.

He already did a bit, last week. What's his story, UDFA, small kid from a small school? Was he a walk-on?

QB ROS Carousel. Round 2!

Eli Manning. Hear me out. IF Eli plays really well vs the RAMS week 9 AND get rapport with Sterling and Lewis.... I am streaming him AND Tyrod ROS.

My weekly recommendation in BOLD

• Week 9 - Tyrod vs NYJ or Eli @  LAR

NYJ - 20th vs the pass but has given up LEAGUE HIGH 15 passing TDs in 7 games

LAR - 11th vs the pass

• Week 10 - Eli @ SF or Tyrod vs NO

SF - 25th vs the pass

NO - 21st vs the pass (but surging)

• Week 11 - Tyrod @ LAC Eli vs KC 

KC - 28th vs the pass

LAC - 6th vs the pass

• Week 12 - Tyrod @ KC or Eli @ WAS

WAS - 19th vs the pass

KC - 28th vs the pass

• Week 13 - Tyrod vs NE or Eli @ OAK

OAK - 23rd vs the pass

• Week 14 - Tyrod vs IND or Eli vs DAL

IND - 31st vs the pass

DAL - 15th vs the pass

• Week 15 - Tyrod @ MIA or Eli vs PHI

MIA - 13th vs the pass BUT just got creamed by Flacco (LOL) and his backup QB 

PHI - 29th vs the pass

• Week 16 - Tyrod @ NE or Eli @ ARI (I honestly don't like either on the road but by this time there may be more options since it's the championship week)

ARI - 24th vs the pass

After the 1 PM games, here is what you should do - stash one of the following:

Corey Davis

Sterling

Dede

(1 of the above should be solid)

Week 11+ stashes:

Olsen

Woodhead

Now is the time to harden your teams and get ready for teh playoffs!!

If you can afford the stash, these guys have more proven value than anyone listed here... Obviously depends on league size, competitiveness, and bench size.

Charles Clay - back week 9 or 10

Danny Woodhead - week 11

Greg Olsen - week 12?

Edited by CooL