MrJuiceBar

Ed Davis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

If he keeps this up this guy is gonna be a streamer all-star this year.

Edited by MrJuiceBar

I think he can keep it up because he’s averaged 8/8/1 in the past for stretches.  Just not considered a good real life player but his fantasy stats are relevant and consistent when given opportunity.

Is there any concern with Portland having a log jam at the forward position? Seems like between him, Harkless, Aminu its hard to determine whos going to have the best night.

1 hour ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

Is there any concern with Portland having a log jam at the forward position? Seems like between him, Harkless, Aminu its hard to determine whos going to have the best night.

Yeah there are concerns, but he's a WW pickup.  Burn a waiver to pick him up.  Drop him if he's not playing.  

He’s rosterable and I have him in a league that counts oreb and dreb.  But he’s a borderline non-nba player in real life which cuts into his fantasy viability.  He has very little offensive skills and is a mediocre shot blocker.  So I would roll with him for as long as you need rebounds and he’s providing them but he’s probably a cut eventually.

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He’s rosterable and I have him in a league that counts oreb and dreb.  But he’s a borderline non-nba player in real life which cuts into his fantasy viability.  He has very little offensive skills and is a mediocre shot blocker.  So I would roll with him for as long as you need rebounds and he’s providing them but he’s probably a cut eventually.

He hustles for rebounds harder than anyone I've seen. If anyone needs rebounds, he's a good player. Basically Deandre Jordan super-super-super-lite.

Cool story bro is I briefly helped coach Davis' 15U AAU team back in the day.  Good kid.

I won't argue against him being a fringe NBA talent at this point.  But he really transformed his body this summer and it appears to be paying off as he leads the league in rebound percentage- offensive, defensive, and overall.

Of course its early and just a few games but Davis is definitely rosterable in the short term and perhaps longer, especially if Nurkic continues to have foul trouble.

He's out there in my 14 teamer where I'm limited to 2 pickups a week.  I can see myself rostering him in the near future if there is a fit.

Edited by VaTerp

13 minutes ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

Are we ready to pick this guy up??

wow I didn’t even realize he was doing this good as of late. damn i’m out of acquisition for the week.

10 minutes ago, kanchi said:

Just picked this dude up, after the Tobias trade went through.

Crossing fingers.

Why?  Am I missing something here?

He could've ate Lou Williams alive. Whatever he's on, he needs to keep doing it.

2 hours ago, kanchi said:

Just picked this dude up, after the Tobias trade went through.

This is the Ed Davis thread, are you lost? :lol:

On 1/29/2018 at 10:47 PM, orestis11 said:

what do you think lies behind these last beast games?

As far as his latest performance, Davis is doing well because he has been rebounding and blocking shots. Terry Stots sees this and has given him more minutes, mainly at Nurkic's expense. Rebounding has always come easy for him, but what is impressive is the double digit scoring. 

Not sure how long this can sustain. I would say his playing time is really based on whether Nurkic is playing poorly or not. Nurk is still the go-to center but Stots is making him earn his minutes. But Nurkic is the kind of player who needs this kind of reality check to fire him up. Sometimes the guy plays with no passion and puts up some ugly stats. 

I know because I drafted him in round 4. :blink:

::shrug:: Instead of just streaming him for one night, I can keep Ed Davis around a bit longer and still have some roster flexibility. That's all it really is. I think Ed might have a nice little run going, and I could use the help after my team got decimated by injury.

I'm on board, for teams as currently constructed who need at least two of FG%, REB, BLK, he is a guy you want to consider for streaming purposes until this hot streak ends... could be tomorrow, could be March, who the heck knows, probably not even the Shadow.