Sign in to follow this  
Arrowhead

Best pick ups/adds of 2017

Which guys have you grabbed off the waiver wire helped your team the most? Any turn into studs?

Watson, Kamara, Wentz. Funchess has been helpful a few times.

Edited by Bowman

QB- Watson

RB- Jones

WR- Agholor

TE- Brate

K- Butker

D/ST- Saints

i scooped all the above across three leagues - all undrafted, of course. 

Has been a very poor year for me this year on waivers.  My team started out well and I've consistently been near the bottom every week as our positions reset weekly based upon standings.  I personally hate it because I haven't gotten any of my top choices all year long.

My best pickup was Aaron Jones but I stupidly traded him away two weeks ago for Terrell Pryor.  And I've since traded Pryor for Sterling Shepard.

Just now, tts42572 said:

Has been a very poor year for me this year on waivers.  My team started out well and I've consistently been near the bottom every week as our positions reset weekly based upon standings.  I personally hate it because I haven't gotten any of my top choices all year long.

My best pickup was Aaron Jones but I stupidly traded him away two weeks ago for Terrell Pryor.  And I've since traded Pryor for Sterling Shepard.

Yikes, when buy low/sell high doesn't pan out, dems the breaks thoughs

- Wentz (really regret dropping him after one semi-dud)

- Watson (of course - seems like a tough 2H schedule though)

- Tarik if you flipped him after week 1 when the fantasy-football world was salivating over him

- Kamara

- Peterson (hopefully he ends up performing somewhere between weeks 6 and 7 going forward)

- McKinnon

- Aaron Jones (unfortunately traded him after his first game thinking that he'd eventually fade back into obscurity... for MARTAVIS BRYANT)

- Chris Carson (solid RB until the unfortunate season-ender)

No WR pickups come to mind at the moment... Kupp, maybe?

- Engram

- ASJ

- JAX DST!

- Elliott

- Butker

- Succop

- Zuerlein

Bolded guys are guys I have/had at some point.

Edited by Vendetta

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Really hate this waiver reset, reverse order of standings.  

Watson and Wentz are probably going to lead this discussion here.  Watson is the bigger surprise of course.  He could have turned out just like Deshone Kizer.  That's the breaks.

4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

- Wentz (really regret dropping him after one semi-dud)

- Watson (of course - seems like a tough 2H schedule though)

- Tarik if you flipped him after week 1 when the fantasy-football world was salivating over him

- Kamara

- Peterson (hopefully he ends up performing somewhere between weeks 6 and 7 going forward)

- McKinnon

- Aaron Jones (unfortunately traded him after his first game thinking that he'd eventually fade back into obscurity... for MARTAVIS BRYANT)

- Chris Carson (solid RB until the unfortunate season-ender)

No WR pickups come to mind at the moment... Kupp, maybe?

- Engram

- ASJ

- JAX DST!

- Elliott

- Butker

- Succop

- Zuerlein

Buck Allen has been a solid add in 1/2 or full PPR leagues.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Buck Allen has been a solid add in 1/2 or full PPR leagues.

Ah, forgot him! He carried me that week he had ~19 points in half PPR. 

I'd forgotten about Funchess too, who has had a few big weeks. 

Edited by Vendetta

43 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Kamara- Wentz

same. their owners cut them loose right before week 1

My draft SUCKED. Only 5 guys I drafted still on roster and of those, the only one I am really happy about is AJG (others are DMurray, Henry, Julio, FatRob).

So I had to remake my whole roster with pickups and I have to thank everyone here for the pickups. This board is the only reason Im competitive because I have been able to get the jump on players before they break out.

So anyway, in my 10 team superflex league, I picked up Dalton after week 2, Watson, Engram, Kamara, Corey Davis, Jags DST and Fuller.

Deshaun Watson, Evan Engram, and Aaron Jones for me.  Happy with Jake Elliott too... always nice to have a top 3 kicker.

Yeah, Brate and Buck Allen for me. Zuerlein was a sweet add too, if there's such a thing as a stud kicker.

Alex Smith, are you guys sleeping on how good he has been? Or are you assuming he was drafted and not eligible for the "best pickup"?

I've lost most of my starters to injuries, so all my team is made of adds

so, for me: watson, fuller, aaron jones, ASJ, jake elliott and hopefully shepard or corey davis can turn into my hero 

Wendell Smallwood- for the fact I was able to flip him in a trade before being injured!

One that I just got on POTENTIAL in the weeks to come: Danny Woodhead

the ravens need a spark on offense and I was able to get him because I don’t have multiple players on a BYE. In a few weeks he will be on this list especially in any ppr leagues. 

definitely engram, matchup proof player at a position very few players perform consistently. Watson has been great but most of his performance come from 2 terrific defenses, i'd like to see more of him

20 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Alex Smith, are you guys sleeping on how good he has been? Or are you assuming he was drafted and not eligible for the "best pickup"?

yeah, i used my criteria as guys who were not drafted in any of my leagues - which disqualifies Smiff and Wentz and Engram and Kamara, off top of my head from those listed