Sign in to follow this  
Arrowhead

Best pick ups/adds of 2017

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What rookie league's do people play in that Jax D was unowned? They were a consensus top 5 defense going into the season. 

I don't believe the Jaguar D was top 5 going into the season (see below). Experts all agreed that their talent was exceptional, but just like last year that the cohesion of the D was an issue. Considering how bad the Jags have been, I saw many owners pass their D by on draft day. I picked them up on the hope that the additions at DB would help, and that they'd finally gel, but I picked them up along with the Eagles just in case.

Sporting News had the Jags D ranked at 14 before the season began: http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-2017-defense-rankings-cheat-sheet-dst-sleepers-busts-projections-draft-strategy-draft-kit/10yu058ig8zaf1bjb7qs7eo34f

FantasyPros had them at #10: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dst-cheatsheets.php

2 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I don't believe the Jaguar D was top 5 going into the season (see below). Experts all agreed that their talent was exceptional, but just like last year that the cohesion of the D was an issue. Considering how bad the Jags have been, I saw many owners pass their D by on draft day. I picked them up on the hope that the additions at DB would help, and that they'd finally gel, but I picked them up along with the Eagles just in case.

Sporting News had the Jags D ranked at 14 before the season began: http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-2017-defense-rankings-cheat-sheet-dst-sleepers-busts-projections-draft-strategy-draft-kit/10yu058ig8zaf1bjb7qs7eo34f

FantasyPros had them at #10: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dst-cheatsheets.php

What the hell is sporting news? I'd rather ask my dog for fantasy advice. 

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The point is, no one ranked the Jaguars D in the top 5 --- the "pros" were too scared of lack of cohesion of these stars. And you might as well ask your dog, because no "pro" columnist has a certifiable grasp on projections: it's all conjecture, hypotheses, and divination in August.

SBNation #10: https://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2017/8/26/16206788/fantasy-football-rankings-2017-defense-special-teams

ESPN #9: http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/projections?display=alt&slotCategoryId=16

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Is that where you got your scouting report on Deshaun Watson?

?

21 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What rookie league's do people play in that Jax D was unowned? They were a consensus top 5 defense going into the season. 

Only if you were a seer. JAX has routinely been a top-5 defense on paper the last few years, but had yet to prove it before this season. Calais Campbell appears to be the biggest difference maker on the DLine. And having him as one of my dynasty keepers has been amazing. #1 DL player in fantasy.

No one expected JAX to finally put it all together. They were always going to be considered a streamer defense.

Engram is my favorite waiver add. Contemplating picking up DeDe and Woodhead..

Also I just picked up Doctson.. hopefully he pans out..

Kamara, Engram, Hunter Henry, Shepard (hopefully he will be a good pickup)

42 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Is that where you got your scouting report on Deshaun Watson?

?

Better my dog than your a**.

Elliott (Philly kicker) for me. I went through 5 kickers so far this season due to an usual amount of injuries in the position, so he has been a source of consistency in that department.

I also picked up Seattle Defense after someone dropped them, and they have been a solid group so far.

I drafted Ebron late, and got cold feet on him before the season even started. Nobody in my league drafted Engram, so I got him out of FA before the first game and a few weeks later, Ebron hit the bricks. Rolling with Engram ever since. 

Kamara was dropped when it still looked like a full-on 3-way RBBC, and based on reading here (and having bench room after some trades) I took a flyer on him. He kept producing, AP was traded, and now it looks like a huge move for me.

We'll see where things go. I've picked up Smith-Schuster this week (dropped Pryor), picked up Corey Davis, Rob Kelley, Devante Parker, all of whom could be worthy ROS (and I need a WR to be worthy ever since Jordy broke his extra collarbone)...

Thread should be posted after playoffs are done. Players you have picked up on the WW or as FA who perform well in the playoffs should be listed here. Regular season doesnt really.matter.

1 minute ago, Asys71 said:

Thread should be posted after playoffs are done. Players you have picked up on the WW or as FA who perform well in the playoffs should be listed here. Regular season doesnt really.matter.

But dont these players get you to the playoffs in the first place,  pal?

Hogan for me. Grabbed him on waivers before the season started since I picked up Hunt/Ware before it was announced that Ware was done for the year. I had him pegged as a late rounder but forgot about him, and was surprised no one did because it's a Boston based league.