Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Little Birdie

QUICK, HELP! Guy wants my Giannis. Is asking for Steph and Leonard too much?

Noteworthy players on his team:

Steph Curry

Conely

Draymond Green

Kawhi

I really want to take advantage of getting Kawhi while hes sidelined with no timetable. What do you think I should send him? The rest of my team is in SIG.

if he's asking for giannis, nothing is too much. especially if you are not interested in moving him. aim high and if he dont want to pay up then stick with giannis...he's only the best fantasy basketball player for the next decade.

thats a little too much...i would go steph and dray tho. might have to give up a low end player with giannis

lol its way too much dude. even giannis for steph straight up is fair. adding  another 1st or 2nd rounder is ridiculous 

If you are giving up the freak you better get more than steph and the non timetable claw. I would hold man. He's so fun to own he's gonna be an absolute monster for the next 7-10 years.

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

lol its way too much dude. even giannis for steph straight up is fair. adding  another 1st or 2nd rounder is ridiculous 

No way it’s fair straight up lol

Birdie :)

No one is noticing that it is a points league, and none of these guys know what your settings are, so these opinions are pretty amazing.

The Greeks numbers will come down to earth.  Take a look at your points per game for each of the players.  I suspect that Giannis' numbers will drop about 10 percent. If you can list the avg points per game, this will be easier to do.

Giannis + 1 will probably be less than Curry + Kawhi.  Green is not necesarily a good points-league player.  

In the future, put POINTS-LEAGUE in the body of your post so it is well noticed and if you want real help, put in the avg. points per game for each player that is involved.  For Kawhi, you could use his projected points per game.  Personally I think there should be a seperate forum for points leagues but apparently the moderators disagree.

Edited by Mobdad

27 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

No way it’s fair straight up lol

Agreed, Someone is watching the tape from 2 years ago

14 minutes ago, Mobdad said:

Birdie :)

No one is noticing that it is a points league, and none of these guys know what your settings are, so these opinions are pretty amazing.

The Greeks numbers will come down to earth.  Take a look at your points per game for each of the players.  I suspect that Giannis' numbers will drop about 10 percent. If you can list the avg points per game, this will be easier to do.

Giannis + 1 will probably be less than Curry + Kawhi.  Green is not necesarily a good points-league player.  

In the future, put POINTS-LEAGUE in the body of your post so it is well noticed and if you want real help, put in the avg. points per game for each player that is involved.  For Kawhi, you could use his projected points per game.  Personally I think there should be a seperate forum for points leagues but apparently the moderators disagree.

I have both points league and 9-cat and I agree that you should put your settings in to get the best answer. 

Im still taking Giannis though. Do I think he's gonna keep dropping 44 point games every night? No. Do I believe he could finish as the number 1 player in fantasy the next couple years? Yes. He will be an absolute monster no matter what the settings are. He's closing games out with his scoring, stuffing Nurkic and stealing from Lillard to seal wins. He's only going to get better from here on out. He's the big dog on the bucks he's going to get his and its going to be bananas to watch. I think he has a westbrook lite season in him.

If I absolutely was set on trading him id ask for steph and Leonard. BUT, going off my leagues scoring Jeff teague was only a few points lower than Claw last year. You can find that almost on the WW. The injury concern is high and Im not about owning two of the 5 mouths to feed in GS with Dray.

The odds of Giannis scoring 30 and getting rebounds, along with steals and blocks are more favorable than Steph consistently putting up numbers and assists. You just have to worry about shots for Freak but he’s not even pulling up this season, he’s attacking the basket at will so that field goal % stuff might no longer be relevant for him atleast anymore.