Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrowhead

Mike Trout 2018 Outlook

Another injury on a head first slide.  Last year tore the UCL on finger, this year has had MRIs on finger and wrist after head first slides.  Gotta love the hustle and speed he provides, but man makes me nervous every time he slides now.

3rd day in a row not in lineup. Still can't swing. I think we may be looking at a DL stint. 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:08 PM, deadman31 said:

Whenever Rotoworld says nothing to worry about, immediately run in other direction. 

This wins again. Sigh

On 8/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Another injury on a head first slide.  Last year tore the UCL on finger, this year has had MRIs on finger and wrist after head first slides.  Gotta love the hustle and speed he provides, but man makes me nervous every time he slides now.

No more head first slides for Trout.  Seriously. 

In fact, if I were running a team I'd pretty much ban it for all my guys. 

Edit: just remembered it was a feet first slide.

To the DL.  Only words I can think of would likely cause my post to get taken down.  Disaster, can only back date DL stint 3 days so out at least another week.  

Angels placed OF Mike Trout on the 10-day disabled list, retroactive to August 7, with right wrist inflammation.
In hindsight the Angels should have put Trout on the disabled list a while ago, as he hasn't played since August 1 and apparently the cortisone shot he was given earlier this week didn't help as much as hoped. It's unclear at this point how much time he might miss, but the good news is it doesn't appear he has any structural damage. Eric Young Jr. will continue to handle center field in Trout's absence.

Anyone know why they can't make it retroactive to 8/2 since he hasn't played since then?

EDIT: @Cmilne23 with the pre-sponse.  Thanks.

Just now, tonycpsu said:

Anyone know why they can't make it retroactive to 8/2 since he hasn't played since then?

I'm guessing it has to do with someone roster related as opposed to not able to do.

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

To the DL.  Only words I can think of would likely cause my post to get taken down.  Disaster, can only back date DL stint 3 days so out at least another week.  

The organization is grossly incompetent. West Coast Mets. Hopefully he's 100% when he returns. I wonder if they'll put an end to him stealing when he's back? At least for this season? 

Former halos prospect, and Trouts brother in law, Aaron Cox just passed away.  He'll be out a few more days with family 

How they didn't DL him the minute he had any issue is beyond me.  Whoever said they are the West Coast Mets hit the nail on the head.

10 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

How they didn't DL him the minute he had any issue is beyond me.  Whoever said they are the West Coast Mets hit the nail on the head.

I called them that but I'll be a bit fair to them here. They definitely should have put him on the dl but even if he had come back for a couple days he'd be out right now after his BIL passed away. The guy was 24. They haven't announced the cause of death but there's some good reasons to think it was unexpected. 

It would have been nice to have him back for those few days but I guess the silver lining for owners with a free dl spot means they can keep him there for an extra roster spot. 

3 hours ago, ValhallaVikings said:

Still no word yet if he's flown back to the team? 

Expected to return Friday.

3 hours ago, ValhallaVikings said:

Still no word yet if he's flown back to the team? 

Cbs said 8/24 he’s expexted back.

24 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

That’s yesterday. 

You won't believe what's going to happen 6 days from now! 

46 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

That’s yesterday. 

Your mind is going to be blown in 6 days.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, AnonymousRob said:

I called them that but I'll be a bit fair to them here. They definitely should have put him on the dl but even if he had come back for a couple days he'd be out right now after his BIL passed away. The guy was 24. They haven't announced the cause of death but there's some good reasons to think it was unexpected. 

It would have been nice to have him back for those few days but I guess the silver lining for owners with a free dl spot means they can keep him there for an extra roster spot. 

Honestly I'm not even looking at it from a perspective of fantasy, or even factoring in the non-injury-related time missed.  The point is this: you have the best player on the planet, and you're out of contention.  Just from a purely baseball standpoint, if he has any type of wrist issue, you throw him on the DL.  Look at the risk/reward, it's just not there.

31 minutes ago, SpartanDawg said:

Has anyone seen an update? Is activation today still the plan?

Nothing concrete I’ve read.  Just keeps saying “due back by end of week.”