Arrowhead

Mookie Betts 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Great game, but his performance today sealed the sox division title meaning he likely doesnt play tommorow. That could be a killer with 3 days left for those fighting for their playoff lives

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Great game, but his performance today sealed the sox division title meaning he likely doesnt play tommorow. That could be a killer with 3 days left for those fighting for their playoff lives

I honestly hope you're right because I'm playing against him for the championship. But I think he wants to play to get that 20th SB and strengthen his MVP case.

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

He might play 3 more games the rest of the year JMO

As long as one of those 3 games is tommorow then im cool with it....

chances he plays tomorrow night? last day of the championship and I could really use him. Even worse, it's the night game and I have no one else to pivot too if he does get benched.

1 hour ago, pjoner said:

chances he plays tomorrow night? last day of the championship and I could really use him. Even worse, it's the night game and I have no one else to pivot too if he does get benched.

Im in the same boat. I'd say 50/50 chance he plays. 

10 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

is this guy playing Today or no? sunday night 7pm game against the CLE indians. If not sterling marte's getting his spot on UTIL. 

Hasn't been announced yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was sitting.

He's one good final week away from a 10.0 fWAR season. His fWAR right now is 9.7. The last Red Sox player with a 10.0 fWAR season was Yastrzemski in 1967...

Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 1

125 Runs scored in 133 games. That's insane.

Leading the Majors in AVG, Runs, XBH and fWAR despite playing in 133 games. One SB away from a 30/30 season.

Yea, looks like he really wants that MVP!

• Like 1

He is one steal short of 30 so guess what is on Mookie's To Do List these last few days.  Nothing like becoming a 30/30 man to seal the deal for MVP.  Unfortunately the other guy and not me has him during this playoff week, sigh.  But as a Sox fan, go get 'em!  Just maybe you could rest the last few days and let my Merrifield help me catch up in that Steals cat, okay Mookie?

19 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

125 Runs scored in 133 games. That's insane.

Leading the Majors in AVG, Runs, XBH and fWAR despite playing in 133 games. One SB away from a 30/30 season.

Yea, looks like he really wants that MVP!

Pretty amazing, but not insane.      Just think about Gehrig  167 in 155 games and Ruth 177 runs in 152 games (7 seasons with more than 1 run per), I think more runs are scored now than then.      Ted Williams averaged that his first 9 seasons. 

Edited by Ratso1022

Im curious if Betts would be even better if he wasnt the lead-off man. He would surely have more than 80  RBIs if he was batting 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

For a guy with 83 XBHs, 80 seems really low.

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Im curious if Betts would be even better if he wasnt the lead-off man. He would surely have more than 80  RBIs if he was batting 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

For a guy with 83 XBHs, 80 seems really low.

yea but then u would lose some runs he gets from having bennie, jd and xander behind him

35 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

yea but then u would lose some runs he gets from having bennie, jd and xander behind him

Yeah, he would lose some runs but i think the net RBI addition he would get would make it worth it. JD batting 4th all year has 106 runs on the year himself. 

I think batting Betts 2nd or 3rd would be ideal

16 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

image.png.cde40e837f1eedc66c28198325036aa4.png

doesn't seem to mean, all that much, with Ellis Burks in the club.

Edited by Ratso1022

6 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

doesn't seem to mean, all that much, with Ellis Burks in the club.

wonder if he gets a couple of days off against the yanks???

i almost doubt it...as they will have a few days off before game 1 of alds