Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

svtballa

Carlos Correa 2018 Outlook

Was leading the MLB in RBI when he got hurt mid season.  Now leading the MBL in RBI in the post season.   Steals were non existant but his HR/RBI/Runs/AVG should all be elite of pretty damn close to elite.  I personally will be a late first round buyer.  Thoughts?

4 hours ago, svtballa said:

Was leading the MLB in RBI when he got hurt mid season.  Now leading the MBL in RBI in the post season.   Steals were non existant but his HR/RBI/Runs/AVG should all be elite of pretty damn close to elite.  I personally will be a late first round buyer.  Thoughts?

His upside for 2018 is the #1 fantasy player... then you factor in his age, his home park, his position, and his lineup protection... and there are very few players I'd rather have in a keeper-- or a redraft.

Objectively I'd feel okay swapping Arenado for Correa straight up... but the dude with Correa  is a huge Astros fan, and I'm a huge Arenado fan... so it's like what's the point? But in a big money league, where you put personal biases aside... I actually prefer Correa to Arenado, since 3B is soooooo much deeper, and I'm not convinced their offensive upside is all that different. 

I don't really see #1 fantasy player upside given that he doesn't steal bags anymore. At least in traditional 5x5 format. 

5 hours ago, absknicks said:

I don't really see #1 fantasy player upside given that he doesn't steal bags anymore. At least in traditional 5x5 format. 

Probably true, but the upside is hitting 40 bombs with a ton of RBI/Runs, hitting over 300 and maybe 10 steals at SS. Kind of like Tulo use to be except power is less scarce now.

He will be someone drafted probably second half of first round in most leagues, but could easily see a full healthy year with uptick that puts him near the top 3-5 discussion for 2019.  

what a shame for my league mates they won't get a crack at him....not having to worry about the wasteland that is SS in post Machado world is fun.

KEEPER!

LOSERS! SAD!

The other thing to keep in mind is he is putting him big power numbers in spite of ground ball tendencies and only a slightly above avg power profile. To me, that means he still has another big level to reach. 

Health permitting I would be surprised if he doesn’t hit at least 35 HRs.

Nothing much to say about this guy other than maybe injury concerns.

6 hours ago, street sharks said:

Can we not act like the sky is falling if he starts off slow again?

I don't even think he starts slow....Best lineup in baseball and all the pressure is now off because they have a title....He's my AL MVP pick

On 11/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, parrothead said:

He will be someone drafted probably second half of first round in most leagues, but could easily see a full healthy year with uptick that puts him near the top 3-5 discussion for 2019.  

Seems unlikely for me due to the lack of steals. 

2 hours ago, absknicks said:

Seems unlikely for me due to the lack of steals. 

This is probably true. If he can get back to stealing 10+ bags, he could easily be a top 5 selection if everything goes correctly. He's a legit stud with the pedigree to match.

Would Correa owners/fans be happy with a Cal Ripken like prime? 

e.g. .300/.370/.500 line with 25-30 HR power, 1-5 steals, and 100 R/RBI ? 

1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Yes, but I think he has the potential to be a better offensive player than Ripken. I can easily see Correa having a .320/.380/.540 line at some point. The only thing really stopping him from having a .900+ OPS is his BB%. If he can get it up to Harper or Trout territory (15%+), that would be fantastic.

4 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

I'm not an owner nor really a fan, but I'd be disappointed in 1-5 steals from him annually. Despite last year, I still believe he's capable of 15-20. Outside of 2013 in A-ball, he's been an fantastic base-stealer (73 steals, 14 CS in his pro career aside from 2013). 

Yeah let's see a 4 for 4 game with a double and a hr..lets talk about trea turner though..give me correa over every ss In mlb

I missed this guy. I've had him since he came up and I started to forget what it's like between the thumb injury and off season. Truly one if the best young players in the league. 

as long as he stays healthy i just can't see how he doesn't put it all together with a monstrous line

.310 / 100 R / 32 HR / 110 RBI / 20 SB !!

This thread shouldn't have much activity this season.  He is the second best player in baseball and there really isn't any debate or discussion to be had.

4 minutes ago, jwblue said:

This thread shouldn't have much activity this season.  He is the second best player in baseball and there really isn't any debate or discussion to be had.

Wait, what?