Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

svtballa

Carlos Correa 2018 Outlook

He went through bp with a high speed pitching machine and did field drills again today and is expected to start a rehab stint Thursday. 

It's confirmed that he's starting his rehab stint tomorrow. He's expected to play 7 innings at SS. The goal is to be back in Houston for their next homestand which begins Thursday the 9th. 

seems super cautious a full week of rehab games even with rest days in between. o well as long as he come back healthy and hungry. 

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

seems super cautious a full week of rehab games even with rest days in between. o well as long as he come back healthy and hungry. 

I wonder if they'll play him tomorrow, sit him friday to see how he responds, and then go for two games in a row. I think with how banged up they are and it being a back issue they need to be extra cautious. 

Correa reportedly said he's aiming to return to the stros next thursday.  Thursday ffs. :angry:

10 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

It's confirmed that he's starting his rehab stint tomorrow. He's expected to play 7 innings at SS. The goal is to be back in Houston for their next homestand which begins Thursday the 9th. 

Oops, didn't see you'd already posted that.  

14 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Does this guy really need a full week of minor league games? Ridiculous

Lol what? Back injuries are very, very tricky. Makes sense to exercise caution. He actually might need a bit more than a week. 

40 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Does this guy really need a full week of minor league games? Ridiculous

Sincere question here...have you ever suffered a significant back injury? I believe you should ALWAYS exercise more caution than seemingly necessary when it comes to back injuries. They are unpredictable and can be re-aggravated very easily. 

Still hoping for a return Thursday when they're at home against the M's. It's a big series and they need him back in the lineup. So far so good in terms of his health in AA. He played 7 innings on Thursday and went 0-3 with 2 k's, took Friday off, played Saturday and went 1-3 with a HR then played yesterday and went 2-4 with a double.

Corpus Christi is off today but back in action at home, just an hour flight from HOU, with an 8pm start today, tomorrow and Thursday. I would think he's definitely in the CC lineup tomorrow but it'll be interesting to see if they play him in the Wednesday night game if they're planning on flying him to  HOU for the Thursday night game. 

I think people are to hard on this guy.  Has he been frustrating?  YES!  But this is a guy who last year before he got hurt posted a 20hr/67rbi/970ops/321avg  in 84 games.  Thats just about a 40/135 pace.  Kids 23.  Carlos will put together a monster season,  Just a matter of when.

He's got pretty nice numbers considering the time he missed. I didn't realize how much he racked up before getting DLd. Really hope he hits the ground running and producing. This late in the year a lousy month will really sting. Would be nice to see a full years numbers if he was able to avoid the DL, maybe next season.

He's expected back Thursday. The plan is to have him play both games with CC on Tuesday and Wednesday and if he feels good to call him up. 

Are y’all activating him for tomorrow?

1 hour ago, CAT said:

Are y’all activating him for tomorrow?

I thought he wasn't back until the weekend?

32 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I thought he wasn't back until the weekend?

‘Weekend series’

The ESPN ticket I'd seen watching the ATL last night was saying Correa back this weekend. Thought we all read he was back today, I dunno. Either way will be soon and hope he doesnt go through Aug rusty as F.

Earlier in the week I saw talk about a Thursday activation.  It's why I put him in my lineup.  Lord knows I need him to rake the rest of the way for me to have any chance down the stretch.

Out of the lineup still. Anyone see any news on his activation? 

I should have looked first. This is on Rotowire. 

August 9, 2018
Correa (back) is back with the big-league club following a rehab assignment and could return from the 10-day DL on Friday, Christian Boutwell of MLB.com reports.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:39 AM, handyandy86 said:

I don't think anyone that preferred Lindor is stupid...

Well, two months later I'm sure everyone with the best SS in the game really appreciates that right about now...

9 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Well, two months later I'm sure everyone with the best SS in the game really appreciates that right about now...

this isn't the Lindor thread 

I took Correa over Lindor this year, and I had Lindor last year.  A lot of the pundits said Lindors underlying numbers meant 30 homers was unlikely again, and Correa was so good in a shortened season I rolled the dice on him instead.  The logic was sound, but ah....Whoops! I wish I had that one back.

Choosing the wrong guy in what is essentially a coin flip decision happens.  You just hope your miss isn't crippling like it has been with say choosing Bryant over Machado, which I'm sure some people did. 

Sigh. I feel like Charlie Brown and the football with this guy. 

He will be the AL MVP in 2020. Why? Because after what is surely going to be his next injury plaque disappointing year (2019) I’ll finally bring myself to not keep him.