Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

svtballa

Carlos Correa 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Grace17 said:

Sigh. I feel like Charlie Brown and the football with this guy. 

He will be the AL MVP in 2020. Why? Because after what is surely going to be his next injury plaque disappointing year (2019) I’ll finally bring myself to not keep him.

Did he get hurt again?  Or is this reacting to an o-fer his first game back after a month or so on the shelf?

1 minute ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Did he get hurt again?  Or is this reacting to an o-fer his first game back after a month or so on the shelf?

Reacting to an OFer. And the fact he’s been dog poop in the fantasy playoff run for 3 straight years. 

I know, I know. He’s the greatest. I get it, I really do.  

You guy's think he's going to be a major let down ROS ? 

It's possible fresh off the DL he has quite a bit of rust to shake off. Even then Altuve/Springer are hurt and not in the lineup, who knows how they hit once back. Springer has been a bit disappointing even before hitting the DL. It just doesn't seem things are going to line up for him to be a big help ROS.

3 hours ago, tonywow said:

You guy's think he's going to be a major let down ROS ? 

It's possible fresh off the DL he has quite a bit of rust to shake off. Even then Altuve/Springer are hurt and not in the lineup, who knows how they hit once back. Springer has been a bit disappointing even before hitting the DL. It just doesn't seem things are going to line up for him to be a big help ROS.

I agree, not high expectations for this utter disappointment. But im going to give him a few days. When he falls on his face I’ll just slide Baez back to short and Zobrist to 2nd. Everyone should have a backup plan with this guy. 

Get a hit ..Anything...Show me something...

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Get a hit ..Anything...Show me something...

There you go. A single!

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

On my bench till he does something. ?

He will come around. Until then he is firmly on my bench also. Doesn’t look good at the plate. His only hit was on a accidental swing. I’m not counting on him anymore. Feels good 

I'm not particularly worried. Coming off such a long break, there's bound to be rusty. He's "injury prone" but has 13 HR, 46 R, 50 RBI over 280 AB. AVG is down a little at .261, but over the 600+ AB you hope for when drafting him, the counting stats look just fine. What more can you ask out of your SS other than 30 HR and 100/100 in a healthy season. If his AVG raised to around .280(or .300) I'd expect his OPS to jump up to around .850(or more)

^That's one way of looking at it. The other way is that you'd have been better off drafting basically any other SS in fantasy aside from Corey Seager. And I mean literally -any- other SS that went in the top 120 or so picks (10 rounds in a 12 teamer). I guess you could make the argument that Elvis Andrus has been a worse pick too. But Andrus' draft cost was nowhere near Correa's.

What an utter failure this season. What round will you consider him next year? 

2 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

What an utter failure this season. What round will you consider him next year? 

Later than just about every other owner in my league.  

People will always draft him based on his potential. He will always be that breakout candidate that people target. 

Screw starting, is this guy even rosterable in a redraft at this point?! 

(Hope this post is getting ratioed by the end of the night because he went off...)

6 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Worst top 20 pick this year?

Pretty sure Bryant takes the cake on there. 

28 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

joey votto says hello

Would love to see him get something going, been such a frustrating year. Not just for Correa but HOU in general as far as the lineup goes recently and injuries they've dealt with. Still expected better from Correa since he's been back, hopefully there is a hot streak waiting some point soon.

14 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Eh. 

Correa .249-47-13-53-2 in 301 AB.

Bryant .276-46-11-44-2 in 304 AB. 

I guess to each his own, but I'll take the 2 fewer HR and 9 fewer RBI to have the 27pt increase in BA. 

Please don't let last night be the only good game you got. 

Dropped JT Riddle when Correa came off the DL.

was excited at the time.  Looks like the jokes on me 

He might be benchable.