Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Carlos Correa 2018 Outlook


svtballa

Recommended Posts

On 9/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, colepenhagen said:

cmon on now.. castro? who never hit 15 hrs or a ops over .777 in any of his first 6 years in the mlb

I get it total bust/down year but castros talent was no where near correa or production 

 

 

"feels like", not "is". 

My point being he sucks balls! 

 

I believe in him long term, but my visions of 1'st ballot HOF are no more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

"feels like", not "is". 

My point being he sucks balls! 

 

I believe in him long term, but my visions of 1'st ballot HOF are no more. 

I gottcha still doesn't feel right to say about correa who has seasons of 5.2, 5.4, 3.4 WAR in less than full seasons under his belt before he is 24

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Wont make it past 3 if i were in it. I dont own him this year though.  Non owners might not be as scorned.

dunno, there is going to be a ton of talent in the 3rd.  i know he has a ton of talent and is only like 24, but i might be avoiding him for a more proven commodity in the 3rd

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, MichiganxTrumbull said:

The stros will continue to steal less and less as analytics say its not a beneficial risk. then you add correa's propensity to get injured, not worth it to them as a whole. especially given how big of a guy he is playing SS already. big short stops don't have a long shelf life

 

uh... CAL RIPKEN says hello.

 

ARod switched to 3rd but lasted a good while at SS too.

 

edit: at this point he's obviously droppable in roto. in H2H, you may need to drop him just because it's do or die and he's definitely killing you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

 

edit: at this point he's obviously droppable in roto. in H2H, you may need to drop him just because it's do or die and he's definitely killing you.

 

Who would have though this would appear in this thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 10:41 PM, Fiveohnine said:

 

uh... CAL RIPKEN says hello.

 

ARod switched to 3rd but lasted a good while at SS too.

outliers in every respect to the game. and just physical specimens...

 

long and short. its a very demanding position to play, i dont see the stros risking further injury running him especially given that they are a team that leans heavy on analytics.

im willing to bet he also moves to 3b before he's 30.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of frustration and disappointment in this thread understandably, but very little mention of it being injury related.  Does anyone have any info on what it is about his back that is causing the pain? 

 

If he is able to be 100% going into next season he'll be a great value.  Kid only just turned 24.  Future still very bright if this back issue is temporary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Then you cant give anyone a break for being hurt. Trout finished 13th after being first overall pick. Bust? Course not. Just injury. If you call him bust then all guys with less numbers need to be called a bust. 

13th what?  Trout had an MVP-type season so not sure what you're talking about.  Correa played 110 games which is nearly 70% of the season.  He played the majority of the season and did awful.  He's not a guy you'd drop or even really bench, so it would've been better if he just didn't play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

13th what?  Trout had an MVP-type season so not sure what you're talking about.  Correa played 110 games which is nearly 70% of the season.  He played the majority of the season and did awful.  He's not a guy you'd drop or even really bench, so it would've been better if he just didn't play.

He finished as the 13th best player in baseball on player rater. Before Correa got hurt he was having a great year. Injuries happen. If one is going to be called a bust for getting hurt then all need to be when they get hurt and don't finish with the expected stats. So he missed 50+ games of stats and maybe the injuries hurt his play even when he came back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

He finished as the 13th best player in baseball on player rater. Before Correa got hurt he was having a great year. Injuries happen. If one is going to be called a bust for getting hurt then all need to be when they get hurt and don't finish with the expected stats. So he missed 50+ games of stats and maybe the injuries hurt his play even when he came back. 

You can make excuses for anyone. I'm not judging him for any games he missed.  I'm judging him for the 110 games he played in.  Same as I judge Mike Trout on, who doesn't need any excuses.  Top 13 player is not bad at all, Correa didn't even come close to that.  Altuve also had injuries and took a step back from where he's been, but I he wasn't a bust and didn't need excuses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

You can make excuses for anyone. I'm not judging him for any games he missed.  I'm judging him for the 110 games he played in.  Same as I judge Mike Trout on, who doesn't need any excuses.  Top 13 player is not bad at all, Correa didn't even come close to that.  Altuve also had injuries and took a step back from where he's been, but I he wasn't a bust and didn't need excuses.

Exactly. Correa was doing great before the injuries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...