Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

svtballa

Carlos Correa 2018 Outlook

He left the game because he aggravated it in the field.  My concern isn't related to the original foul ball hit, but that he could have sprained a ligament in the toe region while in the field last night.  Probably need an MRI to be safe.

1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Correct, it is all semantics because ultimately it was Carlos himself who determined whether or not he could play through it.  

That's not really accurate because the manager is the one that ultimately makes lineup decisions.  We have no idea if Correa went to Hinch and said he was in too much pain to play, or if Hinch saw him limping and said he was sitting his star player because he's no interested in worsening an injury in the first week of the year.  It's not little league where you are the only one that decides if you're healthy enough to play, so unless you were in the dugout it's really impossible to say.

That also doesn’t make sense because he had to have been limping around after suffering the initial foul ball hit to his toe, but I digress.

If it’s turf toe, then google doctors say that it takes 2-3 weeks for the pain to subside assuming proper rest.

52 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

That also doesn’t make sense because he had to have been limping around after suffering the initial foul ball hit to his toe, but I digress.

If it’s turf toe, then google doctors say that it takes 2-3 weeks for the pain to subside assuming proper rest.

Didn't the manager say he expects him back in a day or two?

58 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Where are you getting turf toe from?

43 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Where are you getting turf toe from?

This.  Turf toe and fouling a ball off the top of your toe are two very different things.  

47 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

This.  Turf toe and fouling a ball off the top of your toe are two very different things.  

Turf toe = a sprain to the ligaments around the big toe joint.

That was in response to STLSU’s post where he speculated that he may have have sprained a ligament while playing defense.

Ultimately I am cautiously optimistic, I don’t mean to be a debbie downer here.  You think I want to hit the waiver wire for Dansby Swanson?

On an even more positive note I am really impressed at how long he can wait before swinging during some early ABs.  His double against Claudio was shades of Trout's approach.

This was just a warning shot from the fantasy gods for him stealing a base. A SS who could go .300/30/100/100 AND steal bases would just be downright unfair.  Gotta maintain the balance.

3 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

This was just a warning shot from the fantasy gods for him stealing a base. A SS who could go .300/30/100/100 AND steal bases would just be downright unfair.  Gotta maintain the balance.

040118_mlb_arod_water_med.gif

They've also announced he'll get a maintenance day tomorrow, just trying to play it safe. Just an FYI before the thread blows up tomorrow - it was already decided before today's game. 

A shot of the inside-the-park variety

Just now, BMcP said:

A shot of the inside-the-park variety

to be fair that ball was destroyed and hit to the far part of the park and may have been out straight up in a lot of places

Glad to see his foot is fine but in all my years of watching MLB that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a ball hit the glove of an outfielder and still be scored as a hit. Folks in the fantasy world will surely take it though.

4 minutes ago, quietj said:

Glad to see his foot is fine but in all my years of watching MLB that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a ball hit the glove of an outfielder and still be scored as a hit. Folks in the fantasy world will surely take it though.

the ball was hit 410 feet away and the guy had to jump up the wall to even get glove on it

10 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

the ball was hit 410 feet away and the guy had to jump up the wall to even get glove on it

I know you guys are excited but it was more like 400 feet away and I don’t think that half of a hop qualifies as a jump. 

lol all that whining and the next game he has an inside the park HR. Hilarious!

For the love of God please do something besides strikeout tonight. 3 years with this guy and still waiting for him to put together a full season..

32 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

For the love of God please do something besides strikeout tonight. 3 years with this guy and still waiting for him to put together a full season..

Are you seriously complaining about Carlos Correa? 

17 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Are you seriously complaining about Carlos Correa? 

Oh yeah, he’s a total loser.

4 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

Oh yeah, he’s a total loser.

I get that the average hasn't been where we expect it to be but he is off to a pretty good start counting stats wise. And a .264 average in such a sss is not really something anyone should complain about.  RELAX