Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw21

2 Trade Offers: Who to acquire?

14 team standard (w/ 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing/receiving bonuses, and 40+ yard TD play bonuses)

Current Roster

QB:   Stafford

RB:   Mixon

RB:   Gillislee

RB/WR:  Cooks

WR:  Fuller

WR/TE:  Diggs

TE:  Kelce

Bench:

WR:  D. Parker, John Brown, and Goodwin

RB:  T. Montgomery, Rawls, A. Morris and McFadden

After a 3-0 start, i'm now 3-5 and dying quickly.            Here's the two trades on the table:

Trade 1:     I give Stafford/Cooks/Kelce for D. Watson/Freeman/Doyle

Trade 2:    I give Stafford/Fuller/Kelce for R. Wilson/A. Brown/V. Davis

On the surface, Trade 2 looks awesome, but it doesn't address how hideous my RBs have been.    the Zeke suspension could give me a boost with Morris/DMC.    However, the bigger issue with me at 3-5 is this coming week if I do trade 2, my top 3 WRs (Brown, Cooks, Diggs) and one of my pathetic group of RBs (Gillislee) will all be on a bye.     And this pretty much would guarantee that I lose and go to 3-6 which will make my task that much harder to sneak into a playoff spot (top 6 make it;  5 weeks left in regular season;  i'm gonna be 2 games back in the standings).  

Trade deadline is this Wednesday.     

Which trade would you make?    I'm so sick and tired of looking at the same underperforming names and am eager for new blood.    

WHIR

Trade 2 if you can make another trade for an RB or if there are any WRs on the WW for Week 9 - Monty and Rawls aren't   OR change up the trade to not put yourself in a 1 week bind.  You are right to sell Fuller.

It's hard to reach some of these people to make trades.   And there's a short turnaround.   I don't wanna be stuck with Brown and end up basically taking an automatic loss.   I may alter trade 1 and deal just Cooks for Freeman since he's done with byes

I like deal 1, but didn't freeman bang up his shoulder?  Getting AB would be huge and Wilson has had great 2nd half's every year.  I'd probably do that one and if I couldn't move AB then I'd be happy to roll out Mixon and the Dallas RB.  If Dalton gets traded the youth movement starts and you'll see Mixon get a lot more touches.

8 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I like deal 1, but didn't freeman bang up his shoulder?  Getting AB would be huge and Wilson has had great 2nd half's every year.  I'd probably do that one and if I couldn't move AB then I'd be happy to roll out Mixon and the Dallas RB.  If Dalton gets traded the youth movement starts and you'll see Mixon get a lot more touches.

Freeman banged up his shoulder, but all reports suggest that it's minor.   Who knows.  smh.  I just know I'm tired of having to start Gillislee and/or Rawls.

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw21 said:

Freeman banged up his shoulder, but all reports suggest that it's minor.   Who knows.  smh.  I just know I'm tired of having to start Gillislee and/or Rawls.

I hear you on that, but didn't the Seahawks just get Brown from the Texans too?  Maybe he makes that O-Line's run blocking better.

7 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I hear you on that, but didn't the Seahawks just get Brown from the Texans too?  Maybe he makes that O-Line's run blocking better.

That's possible.  I may have to give up Rawls in the deal to get Freeman because we have a 6 RB max and i'm at the limit.     It's either Rawls or Montgomery i'd have to cut.    I don't wanna cut McFadden.   Too many Cowboy fans in the world for me not to capitalize

1 minute ago, Jigsaw21 said:

That's possible.  I may have to give up Rawls in the deal to get Freeman because we have a 6 RB max and i'm at the limit.     It's either Rawls or Montgomery i'd have to cut.    I don't wanna cut McFadden.   Too many Cowboy fans in the world for me not to capitalize

Another reason to do the Brown trade.  JuJu proved to teams that if they relax on his coverage to double/triple Brown he's going to burn them, thinking his big game may open Brown up for more looks.

I'm just worried about losing out on this bye week situation.      If I get Brown, my top 3 WRs will be Brown, Cooks, and Diggs.   All 3 of them will be on bye this coming week.    My current RB2 is Gillislee, who sucks and is also gonna be on a bye.  I'd barely have anyone starting and am already 3-5.

The only alternative is if I do Trade 2 and then modify deal 1 and move Cooks for Freeman.  And then I'd at least have an extra starting spot covered for Week 9.      I just hate not getting Watson for this Colts matchup coming up.    He may win that by himself.

I would do trade 1 given those circumstances.  Cant afford to tank a week. You're upgraded QB, RB and downgrading WR and TE.  The upgrade from Gillislee to Freeman would make me do the deal.