brockpapersizer

Tommy Pham 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Michael Bluth said:

I won’t Miss the next 0/3 abs, but what happened?

Was yelling at the ump from the dugout, was still disgruntled from a called strike 3

According to RW Blurb, he's not starting.  Yahoo has him hitting 2nd.  Which is accurate?

FWIW, Pham said to a reporter in the Cards broadcast that his problems are mechanical, not vision, that he’s having trouble getting his swing in the proper starting position. He is, of course, working on it.

• Thanks 1

His batting average actually improved last month compared to the month before, but since April he's been putrid.  At least in May he was getting some dingers, but now he's just not getting anything.

59 minutes ago, SpartanDawg said:

Moved down to 6th in the order tonight

Whatever works to get him going.  He says it's not his vision, so it has to happen at some point.  We all know what he can do when he sees clearly.

I like Pham, I really do, but he has been terrible lately. A move down in the order may be a good mental break. He came from nowhere last year and he's still showing some nice power and swiping bags, but he should be thanking Dexter Fowler because Bader is slowly taking Fowler's job in RF and not his own job in CF. Bader should eventually take over in CF due to elite defense and a very capable hit package, but for now I think Pham is good to go in CF, just needs to string a few together. 

Terrible "Lately" is a bit of an understatement if you care about AVG, OBP and OPS

Since May 1st

202/255/365 (620)

I guess he still scores runs somehow

Just now, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Terrible "Lately" is a bit of an understatement if you care about AVG, OBP and OPS

Since May 1st

202/255/365 (620)

I guess he still scores runs somehow

Turrible.png

Hopefully this is an actual start of something and not just a tease like before this 0-forever streak he had.

What do you guy's expect ROS ?

He was dropped in my small league and cleared waivers, just scooped him up. Someone mentioned in the thread his woes weren't due to his vision issues which is great news, if it's just something mechanical.

I can understand owners frustrated after his last couple months, but seems like he could put numbers up again in a hurry if he figures things out. July has been great for him so far, hoping he keeps it going. Seems like the Card offense as a whole hasn't been amazing so far. Certain guys heat up, DeJong coming back, they could get hot and seems like Pham could really take off with the rest of the lineup. I feel pretty confident he'll get things going.

Edited by tonywow

He's still the best MLB player to audition for body double of the leprechaun, if you seen his Yahoo picture they're like twins. So if MLB doesn't work out, you know. 

23 minutes ago, Chris O'Leary said:

Curious if anyone's seen the Sarris piece in The Athletic that discusses Tommy Pham and bat wrap.

What's the gist?

"Wanted to know what (bat wrap) was and how bad or good it was since Tommy Pham told me he was trying to tone it down"

Found what I was looking for.

And what I was afraid of.

I don't see Pham improving any time soon.