brockpapersizer

Tommy Pham 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, joshtribe said:

I should also add, today's game against Matz should tell us a lot. Last season, Matz couldn't get a SwStr to save his life. If Pham can't hit Matz....yikes.

I haven't seen any highlights of Pham today. Anyone see his at bats today and could give us a scouting report?

The bottom line sure looks a lot better. 2 for 3 with 2 walks and no strikeouts...2 runs scored and a SB. Still have some trades involving Pham in the works, but not feeling quite so desperate to trade him. Glad to see him show some life today.

9 minutes ago, joshtribe said:

I haven't seen any highlights of Pham today. Anyone see his at bats today and could give us a scouting report?

The bottom line sure looks a lot better. 2 for 3 with 2 walks and no strikeouts...2 runs scored and a SB. Still have some trades involving Pham in the works, but not feeling quite so desperate to trade him. Glad to see him show some life today.

You just gotta be patient, fantasy baseball is a marathon.  Selling off pham for peanuts could be a big mistake if he has another great season.  

Edited by Numark

[ Cool Story deleted.  Talking about Pham's value in this thread is fine, talking about offers on the table in your league is not. ]

This may be the best overreaction thread so far this year. People going crazy over 1.5 games.

He's going to strikeout (especially against Thor and deGrom). He's not a guy you expect to barely strikeout. This was built into his expected regression this year. But the tools are real, and his eye at the plate is real. Just have to trust over the whole season he will put up 20/20 with solid average and great OBP.

He was 23/25 in only 444 AB last year. So even if he regresses in speed and power, just getting a full slate of ABs will bump these numbers back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, joshtribe said:

Man, gonna be a long season if you're occelating this much game to game already.

• Haha 1

It's early in this game, but he has homered, a huge run saving throw, and a double in only the 3rd inning.

Since the opener, he's gotten on base at least twice every game. 

• Like 2

I’m officially in love with Mr. Magoo

me too, I drafted him in 4 of 5 leagues :ph34r:

I said 30/30, book it.

His homer was an absolute blast 

Edited by bigbossman

2 hours ago, bigbossman said:

His homer was an absolute blast 

Pitch was on inner half and he inside-outed it to right center. Impressive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

This guy is good, fam...

Barely cleared the fence, needed a review, but still impressive off of a good reliever in Hader in a clutch spot. Hopefully he goes on a hot streak from here.