brockpapersizer

Tommy Pham 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Pulled again.  DL stint coming.

For an accidental head laceration? Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Helms said:

For an accidental head laceration? Lol

Woops! Take that over the quad issue, provided no concussion.

The man is on a mission:

Tommy Pham is starting in center field and hitting second on Thursday afternoon against the Mets.
Pham sliced open his forehead on Wednesday night while taking warmup swings with a resistance band, but the cut did not require stitches and he cleared MLB's concussion protocol. The dynamic 30-year-old outfielder is batting .343/.471/.514 with three home runs and five stolen bases through 21 games this season. Apr 26 - 11:00 AM
  • Like 1

3 for 4 today with 1 R and the game tying RBI. All while wearing a huge bandage on his head. Avg up to .365.

Edited by Helms

8 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Interview was badass!!! I like owning him a lot more now

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/02/tommy-pham-st-louis-cardinals

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

that was great

i actually like him even more.

question to all.  is Tommy pham a free agent after this year? he turned down a 2 year deal and is making 580k this year.

after this interview, i hope he has a big year and gets a 4 or 5 year deal for 15-20mil per...i like his story

edit: nevermind, he wont be a FA until after 2021 season when hes 33....damn that sucks

Edited by jfazz23

5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

that was great

i actually like him even more.

question to all.  is Tommy pham a free agent after this year? he turned down a 2 year deal and is making 580k this year.

after this interview, i hope he has a big year and gets a 4 or 5 year deal for 15-20mil per...i like his story

He's arbitration eligible at the end of 2018 so he should get a must needed raise 

Just now, to_be_quite_frank said:

He's arbitration eligible at the end of 2018 so he should get a must needed raise 

yea i edited my post. he a FA in after 2021.

so it looks like 2019, 2020, 2021 will be arbitration.  if he keeps playing like this hell get a big raise.  lets say hes a 300 25/25 player...what type of money would he get???

What head gash?  Just a cool 4 for 5 with two runs and an RBI.  And, although caught, attempted a steal.  Two great games excluding missing  the remainder of yesterday with the cut.

2 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

NL MVP candidate. Who's better?

Albies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Wow thank you so much that article was touching

• Like 1

16 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

thanks for posting, this was a really good read

loved this part and so should the rest of his owners (this probably also explains how it is possible that a guy with one good eye is also a national league mvp candidate):

“A lot of guys in this game are complacent,” Pham says. “They’ll say, I wanna run faster, lemme go run some sprints. I say, I wanna run faster. I’ll look at my mechanics and see I have a bad knee drive. What causes a bad knee drive? I lack ankle mobility. O.K., so if I fix my ankle mobility, I can achieve a dorsiflex position which could drive my knee up. O.K., I need to improve my stride frequency. Let me go run 30-degree incline sprints at 18 miles per hour so I can improve my stride frequency. And let me do some overspeed training so I can train my neuromuscular system to run faster than I’m biologically capable of. You know what I mean. Guys don’t do that s---. They don’t break it down like that.”

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Heisenberg90 said:

I just wanted to congratulate everyone who drafted a 2019 first rounder. This is going to be a fun ride this year. 

happy its always sunny in philadelphia GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefrogguy said:

I guess my "never trust 30 year old breakouts with keratoconus" axiom is proven false.

There's a lot to like here but we're far from a point where anything is "proven". More risk adverse owners might even want to field offers as his value right now is probably at its highest. Especially in a league where stolen bases are increasingly more scarce.

Edited by EmbargoLifted

1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

There's a lot to like here but we're far from a point where anything is "proven". More risk adverse owners might even want to field offers as his value right now is probably at its highest. Especially in a league where stolen bases are increasingly more scarce.

I traded the Pham and Corey Seager for Trea Turner and Andujar. I would not accept anything less than 1st or 2nd round talent in return