The 7th Beatles

Giancarlo Stanton 2018 Outlook

That's TWO platinum sombreros within a six-game span.  Ouch, is this guy brutal or what when he's cold..........

• Like 1

O's intentionally walked Judge to get to him at one point in extra innings. He's taking it on the chin right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Jay Z Animated GIF

Pressing hard core. 

• Like 2

Lol @ the panic.  It’s cold as balls in New York.  Giancarlo is not used to that.  Wait for the weather to warm up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Lol @ the panic.  It’s cold as balls in New York.  Giancarlo is not used to that.  Wait for the weather to warm up.

No panic.  Striking out 20 times in 10 games and 2 games with 5ks is pathetic regardless.  When you set a record and it’s the 9th game of the year snd no other player has done that in a season welll. 

• Like 2

Lol, nothing like being in the pressure cooker of New York.  This guy goes through these stretches all the time.  He’s a slugger who strikes out a lot.  There are stretches where he looks like Pedro Cerrano when he’s waffling at everything, and there’s stretches where he’s Jack Parkman and seeing beach balls.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

I do think it’s fair to be a bit frustrated at this point.  I think a few days off and a road trip will do him wonders, though.

• Like 3

man i wish some of you were in my league. i bet i could trade mitch haniger for him if you were...

• Like 1

A couple more days like these and you owners are going to be flooded with offers trying to buy low. And if one of those offers is from someone named Meh you should probably accept.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I do think it’s fair to be a bit frustrated at this point.  I think a few days off and a road trip will do him wonders, though.

Sure it's frustrating, but it's so early in the season and unseasonably cold. 

1 minute ago, verycoolnin said:

Sure it's frustrating, but it's so early in the season and unseasonably cold. 

True - I was referring to fan reactions.  The man has set a new record for futility in the live-ball era.

Edited by BMcP

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

True - I was referring to fan reactions.  The man has set a new record for futility in the live-ball era.

0-7, 5 Ks is what I expect Chris Davis in midseason form.  Want to trade? ;)

I actually want to see which one breaks the new K record!

• Haha 1

Stanton has the two hardest hit balls of the season:

117.9 & 117.4

He's going to be fine. It's just a bit nippy out there right now, folks. Let the Cali boy warm up. 

1 hour ago, Fenamo said:

Stanton has the two hardest hit balls of the season:

117.9 & 117.4

He's going to be fine. It's just a bit nippy out there right now, folks. Let the Cali boy warm up. 

When he hits the ball he’s fine.....when he hits the ball 

Like I said before the season started that he wouldn't touch 70 HR's because he K's too much. It doesn't matter how good the lineup is around him, that means nothing. Giancarlo will hit no matter who is around him, you just have to wait for him to heat up. Last season he was meh in April and part of May and people were losing their minds. I don't own Gianpapi but if I did I would be exercising A LOT of patience. 

4 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Like I said before the season started that he wouldn't touch 70 HR's because he K's too much. It doesn't matter how good the lineup is around him, that means nothing. Giancarlo will hit no matter who is around him, you just have to wait for him to heat up. Last season he was meh in April and part of May and people were losing their minds. I don't own Gianpapi but if I did I would be exercising A LOT of patience. 

He was meh April May and June.  He's never not gone through a prolonged slump his entire career.  You just have to ride it out 

• Like 1