Rotoworld.com Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

brockpapersizer

48 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sell high on trout then.

You sell high when you dont thinkbthe player in question is a stud.

I think albies is a stud. Name the 2nd baseman not named altuve that you would take over albies?

J-Ram, Dozier, D.Gordon for sure. Murphy whenever he comes back will be better ROS, and Cano is too consistent to not put ahead of Albies. Then you have guys like Schoop, Merrifield, and LeMahieu you can make a case for. 2nd base is pretty deep. I think Albies will represent a clear profit, but it'll be tough for him to break into the top 5. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

3BB to 14Ks and you want to sell?

How about hitting over .300? Or leading mlb in extra base hits? Or leading mlb in runs scored?

People are veey reactionary after 3 weeks of baseball.

So you'd keep him because he's hitting over .300, leading in XBH, and leading in runs scored - how is that not being reactionary as well?  Should I wait until he's no longer doing those things or should I try and get the value while he's still at the top of heap?  Im not saying hes going to be bad or anything, but hes basically at his peak value right now

If I can get a player that can put up similar stats and come without the question marks of a younger player, why wouldn't I want to sell high?

28 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

So you'd keep him because he's hitting over .300, leading in XBH, and leading in runs scored - how is that not being reactionary as well?  Should I wait until he's no longer doing those things or should I try and get the value while he's still at the top of heap?  Im not saying hes going to be bad or anything, but hes basically at his peak value right now

If I can get a player that can put up similar stats and come without the question marks of a younger player, why wouldn't I want to sell high?

Ha, i bet people used this same argument for dumping Lindor, Machado, Correa, and others when they first started doing good too. Lol

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ha, i bet people used this same argument for dumping Lindor, Machado, Correa, and others when they first started doing good too. Lol

If your 'dumping' Albies - then you're not selling him high .....

Albies opened the season on a hot streak - unless you believe he's is going to keep this pace up all season then his value can't get any higher.  

32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You're confusing dump him with sell high. There's a difference. 

People get offended just cause someone mentioned sell high on the player they love. There's nothing wrong with discussing sell high with

Albies with the start that he had.  I own him and think he's gonna be top 5 2nd basemen, but still nothing wrong with seeing what you can get for his

hot start.  

1 hour ago, jahweedum said:

If your 'dumping' Albies - then you're not selling him high .....

Albies opened the season on a hot streak - unless you believe he's is going to keep this pace up all season then his value can't get any higher.  

Same pace he was on last season in his time at the big leagues. 

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Same pace he was on last season in his time at the big leagues. 

217 ABs - .286 - 5 HR - 5 3B - 9 2B - 34 R - 28 RBI - 21 BB - 36 K

I'm gonna double his 2018 stats - 

158 ABs - .316 - 10 HR - 2 3B - 18 2B - 38 R - 22 RBI - 6 BB - 28 K

I've been extremely high on Albies on here ever since late last year, but I can understand both sides.  I'm in a keeper league, but even if you aren't, I can see both sides.  Personally, would I be selling high on him in whatever kind of a league I'm in?  No, because I'm with others that think he's a stud and could very well end up being a Top 5 2B already by the end of the season.  Still, if you have depth at 2B or just want to see what people are willing to offer for him right now, I don't see anything wrong with that.  Even if I wouldn't ever think of selling him regardless of whether his position is deep or not, if you get offered something you feel is worth taking for him, then that's your business and I can't fault trading him if you get offered a Top 50 player.

I highly doubt he reaches Lindor territory in terms of HRs this season, as I believe that will tail off a bit eventually, but that doesn't mean he still won't get plenty of hits of any other variety to keep himself rolling in Average and Runs Scored.  If he starts running eventually like people have expected, including me obviously, that will easily make up for any regression that occurs in his HR production.  Personally, I'd rather he ended up being Lindor before Lindor joined the swing for HRs club where he hit for average and stole bases with decent HR power.  In the end, there's nothing wrong with trading him or holding on to him for dear life.  Albies will be helping every owner one way or the other.

the guy now has 6 homers, a .300+ avg, and he'll likely have a ton of runs and at least around 15 steals. And people are complaining or talking about selling high? I'd ask for a lot cuz he seems like a baby Altuve to me.

Looks like going back to last year starting September 12th, over his last 38 games he has 10 HRs. He hit 4 of them from Sept 12 to Oct 1 last year over a 19 game stretch, now has 6 HRs this year in 20 games after tonight. The fact that he turned on the power late last year and seemingly is carrying a similar pace this season seems pretty amazing, especially as young as he is. Not sure for those who own him if anyone is still looking to "sell high", or if one is better off keeping him in all league types. Of course he won't hit .400 but he looks like a legit stud ROS in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sell high

I'm actually going to agree with this.  Between the young guy hype in general league wide,  and the fact he hasn't hit a slump yet,  one could prob sell very high right now.  Unless you think he's the next Tuve, his value is near max 

4 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

I'm actually going to agree with this.  Between the young guy hype in general league wide,  and the fact he hasn't hit a slump yet,  one could prob sell very high right now.  Unless you think he's the next Tuve, his value is near max 

I don’t necessary think selling high is a bad option depending on what you can get for him. That said he has gone through a few slumps - both right after he came up last year and early this season. They weren’t long slumps but he has already shown the ability to adjust.

Archived