Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

In redraft i guess you could see what you could get for him if you dont think he could maintain his success.

In dynasty you woukd be foolish not to hold. He has killed mlb pitching since he came up last year and he will be even better when acuna is in the lineup and when freddie freeman heats up.

This kid is absolutely raking. Great HR off of Syndergaard. Would like to start seeing a few SBs since we know he has 15-20 SB speed. 

On 4/21/2018 at 6:20 AM, WahooManiac said:

I'm actually going to agree with this.  Between the young guy hype in general league wide,  and the fact he hasn't hit a slump yet,  one could prob sell very high right now.  Unless you think he's the next Tuve, his value is near max 

I do.  At least 75% of Altuve's stat line for this year, anyway.

51 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I do.  At least 75% of Altuve's stat line for this year, anyway.

Well, for one 75% isn't the Full Tuve, and if you really feel that way that's fine.  Hold then 

While I understand the Altuve comparisons, I actually think an even better comparison is Jose Ramirez.  Both started out in the majors as guys with speed and incredible gap power.  While it's too early to say Albies reaches nearly 30 HR's already like Ramirez did last year, his season so far is looking eerily similar to Ramirez's breakout season from last year where he just hit XBH's after XBH's and lead the league in doubles (I believe).

On 4/23/2018 at 10:16 AM, WahooManiac said:

Well, for one 75% isn't the Full Tuve, and if you really feel that way that's fine.  Hold then 

It isn't?

17 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

While I understand the Altuve comparisons, I actually think an even better comparison is Jose Ramirez.  Both started out in the majors as guys with speed and incredible gap power.  While it's too early to say Albies reaches nearly 30 HR's already like Ramirez did last year, his season so far is looking eerily similar to Ramirez's breakout season from last year where he just hit XBH's after XBH's and lead the league in doubles (I believe).

Ramirez has a better K% but I agree with the overall comparison - similar build, counting stats, overall value.

2 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

It isn't?

Not sure what you're looking for here bud.  I was pretty specific in my original post. 

4 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Ramirez has a better K% but I agree with the overall comparison - similar build, counting stats, overall value.

That part is true.  Ramirez doesn't strike out very often at all, but Albies could definitely improve there in time.  I don't think he'll ever get the rates to Ramirez's level there because that's not that common, but Albies' rates were better in both areas last year than they have been so far this season.

Regardless, outside of that part of their game, they are pretty much clones.

Albies has been looking real bad the past few nights against some very hittable opponents.

Anyone who watched these games know if he's been hitting hard but unlucky, or just looking bad? 

Well looks like they found a hole in his swing

Yeah, it was pretty inevitable he was going to have a slump eventually.  Everyone does.  If pitchers have really made adjustments, he'll adjust again at some point.  Or it's just simply a slump.  Either way, he started in the majors poorly and came on strong, so he should do the same here after this blip is gone.

You guys are being really optimistic with this guy if you are comparing him to Ramirez. Ramirez is now one of the premier bats in the league. 

I guess he could make that leap, just like how Ramirez made the leap that noone saw coming, but as it stands right now, thats a dream scenario, not a realistic projection.

9 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

You guys are being really optimistic with this guy if you are comparing him to Ramirez. Ramirez is now one of the premier bats in the league. 

I guess he could make that leap, just like how Ramirez made the leap that noone saw coming, but as it stands right now, thats a dream scenario, not a realistic projection.

At least for me, it was more of what he was doing pre-slump that made him look like a Ramirez clone (outside of BBs and Ks).  That shows that he has the potential to be at some point.  The comparison is at least somewhat legit, even if he never quite gets there.

23 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

They are all dream scenarios until the said player has his break out season.

Braves just called up Acuna, i dont think you have even seen this offense really clicking yet.

I dunno. I just see Ramirez as a phenomenal hitter and it would be a big shock if albies gets near that level.

2 hours ago, rlaalsrb said:

it's a perfectly realisitic projection actually 

3 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Huh? It's only been 2 bad games

He’s 0 for his last 12 so It’s time to jump ship pal. He’s got bust written all over him. 

You know how these forums are sometimes. If a player is hot and then goes 0-12 some people get in a tizzy. He just turned 21 a few months ago. He may not be a stud this year but in dynasty leagues owners have to be excited. I’m not sure he will be Jose Ramirez but there’s a chance. He has quick hands and seems to be developing power. He has to work on his K:BB rates and hopefully steal some bases. This lineup is probably going to get better as time goes on.

Im a big Albies fan and think he has a bright future as he progresses.