Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brockpapersizer

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Ozzie hasn't been getting on base at a good clip lately, and his slugging percentage has dropped significantly.  Wondering if long term Ozzie will slug, since he wasn't a power hitter in the minors.  Others considering selling before the decline continues too much longer?

The time to sell was a couple weeks ago. If someone is still willing to pay a premium price in redrafts I would absolutely consider selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

The time to sell was a couple weeks ago. If someone is still willing to pay a premium price in redrafts I would absolutely consider selling.

 

Before June has even started?

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

Def cooled down a bit, but I think a lot of the Braves have too plus Acuña to the DL. 

 

Little sad to see he is now the 2nd ranked 2B behind Ramirez, but that being said you gotta be happy with what he's doing. I do believe if the power falls, the speed to should pick up. 

 

I think one thing to consider regarding SB for both Albies and Acuna is that the Braves aren't necessarily looking to steal a base when Freddie is up.  They'd rather keep the bat in Freddie's hands, rather than opening up 1B and having the opposing team potentially walk Freeman to get to Markakis.  A lot of that is situational of course, but I do think that's had an effect on both of their SB outputs thus far - and Braves announcers talk about it quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Before June has even started?

 

Lol

Yes. I've been really consistent in saying a sell high in redrafts wasn't a bad idea. I was saying this a couple weeks ago when he was hotter than molten lava. If someone is still willing to pay a premium like folks probably would have a couple weeks ago, then by all means yes you should explore those offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Yes. I've been really consistent in saying a sell high in redrafts wasn't a bad idea. I was saying this a couple weeks ago when he was hotter than molten lava. If someone is still willing to pay a premium like folks probably would have a couple weeks ago, then by all means yes you should explore those offers.

 

At your own peril

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

At your own peril

How is that different from any other player? Are there any trades that lack the potential to bite you in the backside?

 

Why do you feel it's 'lol' to trade him before June? Do you think the best time to trade a guy is late August? One of the best times to trade a player is at the start of the year when they've been hot and before any inevitable slumps have emerged. There's always somebody who fantasizes about a season without slumps and will pay for the hot streak lasting all year. Especially when it's a young player full of 'upside' instead of some established veteran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

How is that different from any other player? Are there any trades that lack the potential to bite you in the backside?

 

Why do you feel it's 'lol' to trade him before June? Do you think the best time to trade a guy is late August? One of the best times to trade a player is at the start of the year when they've been hot and before any inevitable slumps have emerged. There's always somebody who fantasizes about a season without slumps and will pay for the hot streak lasting all year. Especially when it's a young player full of 'upside' instead of some established veteran.

 

By all means sell before the weather and ozzie heat up.

 

Im sure you will have plenty of suitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

By all means sell before the weather and ozzie heat up.

 

Im sure you will have plenty of suitors.

This is a Twitter-tier response. Either engage the discussion about his ROS value, or move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

By all means sell before the weather and ozzie heat up.

 

Im sure you will have plenty of suitors.

You believe Ozzie has yet to heat up at any point this season? That's impressive, considering he hit 293 with 9 bombs the first month. The beginning of May was pretty great as well. I could see a similarly hot month - either a higher average but less power or just another April repeat - but I thought he had heated up to start the year.

 

You apparently don't think April was anything special for him. Please tell me what you think it's going to look like once he actually heats up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Ozzie in a dynasty-type league so this doesn't work for me, but I agree with mr Rob. It's a simple computation. Expected vs current value. If you think Ozzie hits another 20 HRs, by all means do keep him. If you believe his line ends up being 30 HRs total, you have basically received 50% of his production for the year in 2 months.. And his value is sky high. That would mean that you can get someone really good that will match/go over Ozzies projected value rest of the year

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still like him- just don’t love him. Feel like for THIS season, the best is behind. That little suntrust field will help with the power numbers but the base stealing just hasn’t been happening enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch said:

I own Ozzie in a dynasty-type league so this doesn't work for me, but I agree with mr Rob. It's a simple computation. Expected vs current value. If you think Ozzie hits another 20 HRs, by all means do keep him. If you believe his line ends up being 30 HRs total, you have basically received 50% of his production for the year in 2 months.. And his value is sky high. That would mean that you can get someone really good that will match/go over Ozzies projected value rest of the year

 

 

 

 

 

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I still like him- just don’t love him. Feel like for THIS season, the best is behind. That little suntrust field will help with the power numbers but the base stealing just hasn’t been happening enough for me.

 

 

So the best is behind him 2 months into the season? 

 

Based on what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

The time to sell was a couple weeks ago. If someone is still willing to pay a premium price in redrafts I would absolutely consider selling.

 

I would consider him selling him in my keeper league. (Max 4 keepers, and theyre all better than Ozzie). Problem is that I drafted him to be my starting 2B and I would have to get a good 2B back in a trade, so I might as well just keep Ozzie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

You believe Ozzie has yet to heat up at any point this season? That's impressive, considering he hit 293 with 9 bombs the first month. The beginning of May was pretty great as well. I could see a similarly hot month - either a higher average but less power or just another April repeat - but I thought he had heated up to start the year.

 

You apparently don't think April was anything special for him. Please tell me what you think it's going to look like once he actually heats up.

 

Last night looked like 2 for 3 with an rbi and a run scored.

 

Sorry, he didnt steal a base.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can hold Albies and hope he continues and doesn't have a cold spell like Judge did last year or you can trade him for a player that has history behind them and something more to base what their future performance might be.  

 

Neither one is a wrong strategy and neither one is guaranteed to be the right strategy.  Depends on the team, the league, and other variables.

 

People seem to be arguing over something that is neither right or wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I was not answering your question.

 

Could you not realize that?

 

Just letting you know what a guy you said to sell high on did in his game last night. 2 months into the season.

This is still the kind of discourse I’d expect to run into on Twitter, not a forum dedicated to in-depth discussion of individuals players. 

 

If if you have anything to add about Albies’ ROS outlook, projections or analysis based on his batting profile, I’m sure we’d all be interested to hear it. 

 

“U mad bro” responses of citing one night’s performance as if it refutes someone’s opinion that his ROS isn’t worth as much as he’d command in a trade however doesn’t really interest anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cs3 said:

 

 

 

 

Quit ruining this thread. You've offered literally zero substance regarding Albie's outlook. If you have nothing of value to add then kindly take your services back to the DerrickHenryGOAT thread

 

Appreciate the quality insight on Albies.

 

Id sell high, no way he keeps this up all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

This is still the kind of discourse I’d expect to run into on Twitter, not a forum dedicated to in-depth discussion of individuals players. 

 

If if you have anything to add about Albies’ ROS outlook, projections or analysis based on his batting profile, I’m sure we’d all be interested to hear it. 

 

“U mad bro” responses of citing one night’s performance as if it refutes someone’s opinion that his ROS isn’t worth as much as he’d command in a trade however doesn’t really interest anyone. 

 

Batting almost .400 the last 4 games.

 

Bats 1 or 2 in one of the best offenses in baseball.

 

Whats your argument bro? 

 

That albies cant keep it up?

 

Thats all sell high is about. You dont think a player can keep up his success. Its pretty obvious i think he can.

 

Didnt know i had to spell it out for some of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

You can hold Albies and hope he continues and doesn't have a cold spell like Judge did last year or you can trade him for a player that has history behind them and something more to base what their future performance might be.  

 

Neither one is a wrong strategy and neither one is guaranteed to be the right strategy.  Depends on the team, the league, and other variables.

 

People seem to be arguing over something that is neither right or wrong

 

Guess we will see cone seasons end. 

 

What 2B are you gonna get for albies who you think will have more sustained success due to previous track record for the remainder of this season?

 

And dont say altuve, nobody would seriously do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I still like him- just don’t love him. Feel like for THIS season, the best is behind. That little suntrust field will help with the power numbers but the base stealing just hasn’t been happening enough for me.

 

Suntrust is hardly a launching pad. It has never been one. Not sure where this narrative came from.

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleats,

 

What kind of line are you expecting Albies to post from now until the season is over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is definitely having his weak spot exposed.  He is probably using a bat that is a few ounces to heavy for him, along with having an uppercut swing he cant do anything with the fastball above the belt but pop it up if he can make contact at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.