Rotoworld.com Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

brockpapersizer

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Well, if it's any consolation, it can't get any worse than his last AB vs. Daniel Hudson.  He went around on two balls about chin high.  Albies complained about the 2nd call that they rung him up on for the strikeout.  I think he went around, but even if he didn't, he deserved to be rung up for even thinking about swinging at those two pitches from Hudson.  Pathetic...

Based on hard contact increasing, and strikeouts decreasing, are we looking at a player who is due to breakout soon?  Carlos Santana was struggling last month while the underlying stats were fine.  He eventually broke through.  Hoping the same thing happens with Albies.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have him in dynasty. Not worried at all. The kid (21) needs to adjust. It's the game pitchers and hitters play. The kid gets older and wiser less adjustments. Hopefully he can adjust if he can't game over. I always expected a bump in the road like this. Time for the kid to adjust that approach.

34 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Based on hard contact increasing, and strikeouts decreasing, are we looking at a player who is due to breakout soon? 

What do you mean by breakout soon?

Are you talking this week? This month? This year?

Because I don't think he's ever going to "break out" more than he did the first 6 weeks of this season.

Just now, cs3 said:

What do you mean by breakout soon?

Are you talking this week? This month? This year?

Because I don't think he's ever going to "break out" more than he did the first 6 weeks of this season.

Breakout from his slump based on underlying statistics working in his favor.

24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No worse than the slump lindor is in.

Albies' slump started a bit sooner, but you're right otherwise.  You wouldn't notice Lindor's as much because his batting average was higher at the time, but I did notice the 0-20 slump (or 2-28 if you want to make it look worse) he was in after yesterday's game.

The game had to be fixed or something for Albies to have his first multi-hit game May 31....

Seriously though, not sure if I want to get too excited yet as it was one game after a really bad stretch, but it's nice to see signs of life nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, PremiumPlus said:

Whatever else you may think about him, his bat speed is absolutely nuts.

https://streamable.com/3ydrd

True, and it looks like he has a pulse again.  Back to back games with a HR, with tonight's obviously being an absolute shot.  It was his only hit, but he also lined out in his first two ABs, so he could have very well had an even bigger game if he got a little luckier.

I don't need the HR's every game from him, but regardless, it's nice to see Albies potentially back on track again after an absolutely dreadful week+.

[ League context-specific derail removed.  Outlook threads aren't for talking about your league, why you chose to start/sit a player, etc.  If you're making these posts or responding to them, they will be removed. ]

9 hours ago, MayorMcCheese said:

BABIP now at .257

The positive regression HAS to happen soon....right?

Not really his xBABIP is like .260. This is who he is, at least for now

Well, I can tell you this.  Nothing gets you going like a series against Baltimore and Cincinnati pitching.  And that's exactly the next two series coming up.

If he doesn't do anything other than produce a couple 1 hit games against those squads then I don't know.

toughest guy i have had to gauge with trade value/ ROS value this year

i still think owners arent jumping because of recent bad month+

no one will offer top 50 player that is proven for ozzie been trying all year. especially for sp (cant get a top 10-12 arm for him) get laughed at ha

23 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

toughest guy i have had to gauge with trade value/ ROS value this year

i still think owners arent jumping because of recent bad month+

no one will offer top 50 player that is proven for ozzie been trying all year. especially for sp (cant get a top 10-12 arm for him) get laughed at ha

I second this completely.

I've thrown offers out, even for people who I value a tiny bit less than him, and owners aren't biting..

BUT, it appears like he's turning it on in this recent 5-6 game stretch. I think if he can get that BA back around .270-.280, his value will skyrocket.

since being moved down to 2 hole he's been en fuego.   Inciarte, Albies and Freeman should have always been 1-3.  The 2 hole places slightly less pressure on Albies to get on base and being in front of Freeman he's now getting pitches he can do something with.

Archived