Rotoworld.com Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

brockpapersizer

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

He's doing what he should be doing against **** pitching.  That was the point.  He wasnt until tonight.

Calendar reads April 3.

You are aware the regular season runs through September, yes?

11 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

He’s 21 c’mon man. You should be pumped.

That, and likes others have said, it's incredibly early.  It's true he should have done better against weak pitching, but if things aren't clicking for you, it doesn't really matter who's pitching.

Albies is good and has an extremely bright future.  If a few bad games cloud your judgement, then you have absolutely no patience and shouldn't be playing fantasy baseball.

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

Calendar reads April 3.

You are aware the regular season runs through September, yes?

The poster you quoted is notorious for extreme overreaction early into the season. You should have seen him in the Giancarlo thread last season. He completely disappeared by the end of June.

5 hours ago, scottishguy said:

Anyone notice how similar Ozzie's plate approach is to Bryce Harper? Not as violent of a finish but similar.

giphy.webp

I have Ozhaino and Ronald ..... and I've never been more excited to watch a losing team during the summer when it comes to fantasy!

**Plan on some ATL SP streaming to up the entertainment and ante as well!

5 hours ago, jahweedum said:

I have Ozhaino and Ronald ..... and I've never been more excited to watch a losing team during the summer when it comes to fantasy!

**Plan on some ATL SP streaming to up the entertainment and ante as well!

While over the course of the season Acuña will help the offense, it isn't like he would have made it much better than what it has been. Markakis has a 1.000 OPS, and Tucker has a 1.100 ops. 

I'm not saying he won't put up better numbers than those guys on the year, but he is unlikely to improve on those guys' sss production they have put up so far. 

The Braves have played 5 games. That's the equivalent to the end of the 2nd quarter of the 1st football game of the year. Lol to anyone overreacting to that. 

Albies has a really interesting profile to me (in his obviously extremely limited sample size). Starting in Triple AAA last year, he began trading a lot of ground balls for fly balls. Makes me wonder if he starting buying in to launch angles, or just made a conscious effort to lift the ball more. That'd be an odd approach for someone 5''9", 165 pounds, with plus speed. Might lead to some surprising 18-20 homer years though. 

He's only 21 so I'm not going to put too much stock into 5 good games, 5 bad games, or whatever. The future (and possibly present) is bright for this kid, any Braves fans should just be happy he's in the organization. 

9 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

The poster you quoted is notorious for extreme overreaction early into the season. You should have seen him in the Giancarlo thread last season. He completely disappeared by the end of June.

Considering Stanton didnt finally come around until July that is an inaccurate statement.  Elite hitters shouldnt suck for 3 months and then everything is forgotten when they finally start doing what they should have been doing all year.  Posting less last summer had to do with getting promoted and moving across the country.  This board isnt my #1 priority like it is yours. 

24 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Considering Stanton didnt finally come around until July that is an inaccurate statement.  Elite hitters shouldnt suck for 3 months and then everything is forgotten when they finally start doing what they should have been doing all year.  Posting less last summer had to do with getting promoted and moving across the country.  This board isnt my #1 priority like it is yours. 

Don't want to steer this away for Ozzie, but Stanton hit .270 with 50 runs, 50 rbis, and 21 homers from April through June. Double those to get a full year pace. A 40+ homers, 100 rbi, 100 runs pace is not exactly sucking. 

31 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Rough morning for the forum. Tony Romo talk in the Harper thread, Stanton talk in Albies'

Looking forward to see how Ozzie handles Mad Max today!

Same.  Hoping he can run into one.  Though I really need some SB's out of him haha.

Archived