Rotoworld.com Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook

brockpapersizer

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Day off for Ender. Highly doubt this is a sign of things to come. I'd actually prefer him in the 2 hole with more chances of RBI and protected by Freeman. Hitting in front of Freeman probably is a factor in the no walks.  If he continues to hit for so much power in the form of extra base hits I'm okay with the low walks. Its not like he is striking out a lot or expanding zone here, just getting a ton of pitches to hit and he is capitalizing on them.

It's definitely not.  The order they had when everyone was playing is working so well, I don't think they are changing anything 1-3 barring an injury.

Eerily reminiscent of Mookie Betts' breakout. Fortunately for me, I have them both.

Can't wait to see where Ozzie's year end numbers end up. He'll obviously have to make adjustments as the year goes on, but he's clearly a special talent. He should have no problem adjusting back – and with Freeman and the rest of that lineup looking pretty good, I think he'll have enough resources to overcome those slumps.

Really glad I grabbed him few days ago. Be fun to see how the rest of the season unfolds. As far as steals people are asking for, I'm sure he'll chip in some, but not until his double and HR binge are over.

6 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Really glad I grabbed him few days ago. Be fun to see how the rest of the season unfolds. As far as steals people are asking for, I'm sure he'll chip in some, but not until his double and HR binge are over.

You “grabbed him a few days ago”??

5 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Really? Join a proper league bro!

Loving him having promoted him in my contracts keeper this season. All he needs to do now is start running to become a 5 cat stud, not had many chances yet with all those XBHs!

3 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Day off for Ender. Highly doubt this is a sign of things to come. I'd actually prefer him in the 2 hole with more chances of RBI and protected by Freeman. Hitting in front of Freeman probably is a factor in the no walks.  If he continues to hit for so much power in the form of extra base hits I'm okay with the low walks. Its not like he is striking out a lot or expanding zone here, just getting a ton of pitches to hit and he is capitalizing on them.

I agree with you short term, but later on this year Ozzie, Dansby, Freeman, Acuna is likely what they are hoping will work. Inciarte is OK in the lead off spot, but he's also not necessarily amazing there or anything.

2 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

I agree with you short term, but later on this year Ozzie, Dansby, Freeman, Acuna is likely what they are hoping will work. Inciarte is OK in the lead off spot, but he's also not necessarily amazing there or anything.

he was amazing last year in the leadoff spot....

11 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

he was amazing last year in the leadoff spot....

Amazing is a very strong word. Giving  662 at bats to a guy who posts below league average OPS+ is not ideal either. He does get hits, he has some speed, he isn't bad there. But Albies has a much higher offensive ceiling at lead off or other wise. 

8 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

Amazing is a very strong word. Giving  662 at bats to a guy who posts below league average OPS+ is not ideal either. He does get hits, he has some speed, he isn't bad there. But Albies has a much higher offensive ceiling at lead off or other wise. 

inciarte had 200 hits last year, and an above average OBP, so i guess. and below average OPS would be around .650, inciarte had a .749 OPS

RBI groundout with the bases loaded....  *puts him on the trading block*  Oh, wait, you say 14 of his first 19 hits this season are extra base hits?  Fine, I'll forgive him just this once... ;)

Really nice to see somebody I went out on a limb on and traded for late last season in my keeper league come out of the gate so strong.

2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

inciarte had 200 hits last year, and an above average OBP, so i guess. and below average OPS would be around .650, inciarte had a .749 OPS

We are getting off topic, but inciarte had a 98 ops+ last year, not amazing.  I think he's safe there for now just because he has no other great spot to be in the line up, but Ozzie would be a much better lead off bitter all else being equal. 

Unless it would significantly increase his SB production, I can't see how anyone would want Albies to bat anywhere but 2nd.  There's few better spots to hit in baseball than right in front of Freddie Freeman.

Inciarte was all luck last season so he will be moved from lead off soon so Albies will have someone on base for Xbh 

Definitely want Albies in the 2 hole.  RBI opportunities, and doesn't really limit his run opportunity.  Plus he gets the protection of Freeman being immediately behind him.  I could see a scenario at some point in the future that puts Albies at 1, Acuna at 2, and Freeman at 3, but that won't happen right away IMO, and it will only happen when Acuna proves he deserves to be at the top of the lineup (which might not come til next year).

Archived