Sign in to follow this  
absknicks

Aaron Judge 2018 Outlook

I think there’s a good chance he could swipe 10. He’s a smart baserunner who picks his spot well. He’s also hit 29 ft/s on a few runs this year according to Statcast which is well above average speed. 

• Like 1

As I've been saying for a while, he's the worst umpired player in the sport. Would be nice to see Boone stick up for him and get tossed for going after an umpire once or twice. He's only your franchise player...https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/aaron-judge-is-hitting-better-with-an-even-worse-strike-zone/

• Like 4

Just to add a couple of tidbits from that article...

But the game is not being called that way. Judge leads the league in low borderline pitches and pitches below the zone being called as strikes with 72. The next closest player is Justin Bour at 54.

Judge has seen 160 pitches in the borderline, 50-50 area at the bottom of the zone (according to Baseball Savant’s detailed zone) and 71 have been called as strikes, for a 44.3% strike rate. The league average is 22.8%.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

????

Ridiculous.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, n00chness said:
2/2

A little bit of everything today - Judge, Jury, Executioner, and Base-Stealer.

Don't know what got into him today with the stolen base attempts... even tried it again but got caught. I think his stolen base success will be more about the element of surprise and going for it a 2nd time in the same game was strange.

Edited by lassetjus

119.9 MPH single off Richards. Hardest hit ball in MLB this season. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any theories as to why he's Babe Ruth at home, and totally useless on the road?    I know he had a big difference in home/road splits last year too, but this year its ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, nykid1981 said:

Anyone have any theories as to why he's Babe Ruth at home, and totally useless on the road?    I know he had a big difference in home/road splits last year too, but this year its ridiculous.

not sure. yankees stadium is a very hitter friendly park.  maybe hes just comfortable there?

i agree that 33 rbis at home and just 8 on the road is very odd.  hes also only hitting 208 vs left handed pitching which seems odd.

been a pretty cold first couple months of baseball. maybe that has an effect? 

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

The Yankees have 8 runs today and Judge is 0/7 ?

With 6 strikeouts.

Jesus lay off Mr. Judge he’s allowed to have a horrid day.  Move on and enjoy the elite production ros. Smh at the comments        

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Idiot w/ 6 k's in a row.  take a seat, you dont belong here.

Now say it to his face. 

• Haha 1

The comments from tonight are hilarious! He's slashing .288/.414/1.000 along with all the counting stats you need and people are complaining! Despite today's awful performance I think his outlook is as good as there is. 

Unbelievable!

• Like 3

LOL  and there it is!  8 k's in a row, 0-9 on the day.  as soon as the count went 1 and 2 everyone including Judge knew he was striking out.  Pathetic

I think its more then fair to question why he basically has the offensive output of a backup catcher away from YS

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Now say it to his face. 

i would if I could, what would he do?  nothing, like he's done at the plate today.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

i would if I could, what would he do?  nothing, like he's done at the plate today.

Should've said he'd take a swing and miss Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Summersoff is a first-ballot Complaining HOFer.  Let him do his shtick