Carlos Correa

RIP Roy Halladay?

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Shame about the report, not that it makes much difference now. But shows that sports players need more help when retiring as they are still looking for that "high" that leaving the sports world gave them. Doc clearly had it through flying but took things too far.

https://www.fantrax.com/news/mlb/news-headlines/81td7tngk91ul70d

This one incident proves this how? I mean, this type of thing happens to people all over. This is a Halladay thing, not a “sports players” thing. Most of them get fat and/or get on TV. They’re not all looking for the “high.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What good does this do to tarnish the man's legacy years after he died? I don't get it..it only brings sorrow to his family, friends, and fans. 

• Like 4

On 4/16/2020 at 10:19 PM, Redphan said:

What good does this do to tarnish the man's legacy years after he died? I don't get it..it only brings sorrow to his family, friends, and fans. 

Publicity.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:19 PM, Redphan said:

Well, the NTSB report is important for a number of reasons.  It speaks to there not being an issue with the plane in terms of manufacturing, maintenance, etc., which you can appreciate could be significant on a number of levels depending on what caused the plane to crash.  At the end of the day, the Report concludes that drugs in the system and the way the pilot (Halladay) was operating the plane in the moments before the crash were the cause of same.  It's REALLY unfortunate. And I do understand the human element, but it is also the reality of the situation.  Many times loved ones 'want answers' when things like this happen.  It just sucks that in Doc's case, the answers are not what anyone would like to hear.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Well, the NTSB report is important for a number of reasons.  It speaks to there not being an issue with the plane in terms of manufacturing, maintenance, etc., which you can appreciate could be significant on a number of levels depending on what caused the plane to crash.  At the end of the day, the Report concludes that drugs in the system and the way the pilot (Halladay) was operating the plane in the moments before the crash were the cause of same.  It's REALLY unfortunate. And I do understand the human element, but it is also the reality of the situation.  Many times loved ones 'want answers' when things like this happen.  It just sucks that in Doc's case, the answers are not what anyone would like to hear.  

That's fair, I didn't look at it that way. I respect your response

• Thanks 1

Favorite pitcher all time, I wrote #34 on the bricks at his memorial at CBP. The phillies took the brick and saved it. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 3:19 AM, Redphan said:

His family would want answers to what exactly happened. He tarnished his legacy by himself with this news, no one did it to him by revealing the truth.

Anyone taking drugs and going flying with a family is an irresponsible idiot, just because he's the doc doesn't mean it should be overlooked. Imagine what his family feel, one question "why"? If A-Rod did this his reputation (what's left of it) would be ruined forever. What if doc ended up flying into a passing ship and killing them too?

He clearly felt that his homelife with family still wasn't enough for him to get that buzz. I'm sure 99% of baseball fans would've died to have the life he had and not done the stupid thing which ended it. Hopefully Jose's and Doc's tragedy's go to show players how they need to act outside of baseball, as role models of the sport, and these become less common.

• Like 1