pikerbkb

Keelan Cole 2017 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I can't imagine Hurns getting a full load of offensive snaps after coming off a multi-week injury. That's even if he's active. Jags are rolling offensively with Cole, Dede and company. 

Vegas must feel definitely..Cole's projection dropped almost 4 points today

Edited by Sean Tambo

Any concern that he's lining up against K'Waun Williams this week?

Williams is not a shutdown corner by any means, but he's been the 49ers best CB this season and effective when healthy.

49ers have been very susceptible wherever Dontae Johnson lines up though.

2 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Vegas must feel definitely..Cole's projection dropped almost 4 points today

where did you see this?

I had dede ended up swooping up cole just in case I decide to roll with him but if Hurns and fournette play this situation becomes murky for all Jax WRs.

Edited by StevenSC400

7 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

ESPN Fantasy  ...Projection was 10.4 .......Now its 7 

Who cares.  Just like yahoo, those projections are useless.

I was bullish on Cole but now I think I’m fading him. His floor is too low in a championship game.

18 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Well, I am now concerned.  With Fournette back, you have to assume more running, less passing.  And now there may be three mouths to fill for Bortles to look at.  I don’t know how somebody can’t see Hurns back in the lineup is not a good thing for Cole.  It certainly isn’t better, I think we all can agree with that.

now I’m even more upset at the 8th place guy picking up Martavis Bryant over me in some meaningless game he is playing for the right to say who came in seventh place. Smh.  I guess he never got the unwritten book that says, “don’t make any claim from waivers on Tuesday night if you are not in a meaningful game.”  Am I being Harsh here fellows? 

Fault lies in your league constitution and/or commissioner. The rule should be stated / written that non money games can’t use the waiver during playoffs, otherwise all the low seeds get priority over championship teams.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I was bullish on Cole but now I think I’m fading him. His floor is too low in a championship game.

Yep , complete fade 

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

1 minute ago, Sean Tambo said:

Yep , complete fade 

Fade, but playability depends on who else is on the bench. For me, I’d still Flex Cole over Kerwyn Williams, Corey Davis, but with Olsen seemingly back at TE (for me) I’d Flex Engram or Mike Davis over Cole.... wildcard on my team is AJGreen... still haven’t decided if I’d Flex Cole over Green but leaning against it.

20 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Meaning you think Dede will take most of the snaps at the X?

I think Dede will be playing Z.

My guess is that if he's ready to go, Hurns and Mickens will split X.  Cole will primarily be Y. 

Cole was mostly playing out of the slot. Hurns will be on the outside and definitely less than 100% per his own words. His timing and rapport will be off with Bortles as well. Cole has played well this year when given targets. Possibly Bortles recognizes after last game, that Cole/slot wr is a reliable playmaker, and continues giving Cole/slot wr targets, hoping to get similar results as last week. 

If anything, Hurns playing will garner better coverage towards him, but him paying less than 100% (decoy?), will give Cole and Dede more opportunities. 

Fournette might have tough sledding against 49ers front 7, so to keep drives alive, Bortles will need to throw, which benefits slot receivers on quick slants, to get first downs. 

I dont know if he if he has the yardage of last game, but I expect 8-10 targets with 6-8 grabs 80-100 yards with hopefully a td. 

28 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

Cole was mostly playing out of the slot. Hurns will be on the outside and definitely less than 100% per his own words. His timing and rapport will be off with Bortles as well. Cole has played well this year when given targets. Possibly Bortles recognizes after last game, that Cole/slot wr is a reliable playmaker, and continues giving Cole/slot wr targets, hoping to get similar results as last week. 

If anything, Hurns playing will garner better coverage towards him, but him paying less than 100% (decoy?), will give Cole and Dede more opportunities. 

Fournette might have tough sledding against 49ers front 7, so to keep drives alive, Bortles will need to throw, which benefits slot receivers on quick slants, to get first downs. 

I dont know if he if he has the yardage of last game, but I expect 8-10 targets with 6-8 grabs 80-100 yards with hopefully a td. 

Irrational exuberance.

Bortles will likely throw less than 30 passes (as he has for the past two weeks).  Last week Westbrook was covered by the Texans best CB, Johnathan Joseph, who Bortles was clearly avoiding.   Cole consequently got way more targets than prior weeks.

SF doesn't have a CB of Joseph's quality so the targets are likely to go back to what they were ... with Westbrook getting 9 or so and the remaining 20 being split amongst Fournette, Cole, Mickens, and Marcedes Lews.  so 4-5 apiece.

2 hours ago, jspeed said:

I think Dede will be playing Z.

My guess is that if he's ready to go, Hurns and Mickens will split X.  Cole will primarily be Y. 

Is Y the slot?

20 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Is Y the slot?

Sorry I'm dyslexic.  I meant to say Hearns and Mickens at Y, Cole Mainly at X.

Y=Slot

X= Split End

Z=Flanker

I’ve been thinking about this Cole situation with Hurns coming back and I’m perplexed. Are nfl coaches that stupid?

everyone has seen what Cole has done the past three weeks, especially last week when given more of a chance (increase targets). 

So my question is simple....why would anyone want to BENCH him now? Does he not deserve to be rewarded for his great play?  Why would you now want to go back in time and back to mediocrity (in the passing game) and RDUCE his targets? Don’t they see what they have here?

i would appreciate any answers to these questions to help me sort of this confusion I am experiencing. Thanks

Edited by TennisMenace

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I’ve been thinking about this Cole situation with Hurns coming back and I’m perplexed. Are nfl coaches that stupid?

everyone has seen what Cole has done the past three weeks, especially last week when given more of a chance (increase targets). 

So my question is simple....why would anyone want to BENCH him now? Does he not deserve to be rewarded for his great play?  Why would you now want to go back in time and back to mediocrity (in the passing game) and RDUCE his targets? Don’t they see what they have here?

i would appreciate any answers to these questions to help me sort of this confusion I am experiencing. Thanks

This answer might seem over-simplified, yet it's also correct: logic may play a small role in the decisions of some coaches, or it may play no role at all.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I believe Cole will be rewarded for his great play, his reward is that he will keep playing big snaps.  But he may only get 3-4 targets.  Hurns coming back diminishes Cole, does not eliminate Cole.  I am more concerned about Fournette returning, Jags going run heavy, getting a big lead, and not passing much.  DeDe Westbrook could also command a decent share of what could amount to a meager number of Blake Bortles's passes.

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I believe Cole will be rewarded for his great play, his reward is that he will keep playing big snaps.  But he may only get 3-4 targets.  Hurns coming back diminishes Cole, does not eliminate Cole.  I am more concerned about Fournette returning, Jags going run heavy, getting a big lead, and not passing much.  DeDe Westbrook could also command a decent share of what could amount to a meager number of Blake Bortles's passes.

Was just thinking the same thing. I'd be more concerned about the Jags unleashing hell on Guccipolo and smothering the 9ers offense, bringing down the team totals. In all likelihood Hurns is limited as he is far from 100%. I would think that the Jags want confirmation that Cole (and Westbrook) are key components of the receiving corps for 2018.

55 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Was just thinking the same thing. I'd be more concerned about the Jags unleashing hell on Guccipolo and smothering the 9ers offense, bringing down the team totals. In all likelihood Hurns is limited as he is far from 100%. I would think that the Jags want confirmation that Cole (and Westbrook) are key components of the receiving corps for 2018.

In all likelihood, the Jags could unleash hell on Garoppolo, yet it's also at least a possibility Garoppolo in SF could do what Wilson did in Jacksonville: put up 3 TDs. Would keep the Jags passing... still don't feel comfortable staring Cole, though.

5 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

In all likelihood, the Jags could unleash hell on Garoppolo, yet it's also at least a possibility Garoppolo in SF could do what Wilson did in Jacksonville: put up 3 TDs. Would keep the Jags passing... still don't feel comfortable staring Cole, though.

Good point. A lot of how much effort the Jags put into this game depends on whether or not the Rams beat the Titans Sunday morning. I would only start Cole if I had no other solid options. Cole needs to solidify his role in the offense. 

Edited by pikerbkb

19 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty thin and desperate to start him.

Dude was playing around 60% of the snaps and getting targets all year with BOTH Hurns and Lee active. If Hurns is back, he admits he's nowhere near 100%. Cole's building a chemistry and gaining confidence. It's a decent matchup. The Jags/Bortles feel they have something to prove, they haven't clinched the division yet and they still are in the running for a playoff home game.

Sign me up.

Edited by this guy right here