pikerbkb

Keelan Cole 2017 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

A lot of how much effort the Jags put into this game depends on whether or not the Rams beat the Titans Sunday morning. I would only start Cole if I had no other solid options. Cole needs to solidify his role in the offense. 

The Jags will be playing all out, bc if they win and the Steelers lose on Monday they slide into the #2 seed and a first round bye. 

Edited by P@ckersFan

7 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty thin and desperate to start him.

In a league that starts 3 WRs. At this point, all the WRs available have a low floor. Cole probably has the highest ceiling compared to guys like Williams or Wright though. Sign me up for some Cole. Shoot for the stars. Go big or go home.

42 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

In a league that starts 3 WRs. At this point, all the WRs available have a low floor. Cole probably has the highest ceiling compared to guys like Williams or Wright though. Sign me up for some Cole. Shoot for the stars. Go big or go home.

Yeah I'm in a very competitive 12 team league (championship!) and all I have available for my flex is Cole or Wright.  I think I'm going with Cole, just due to Bortles playing so well.  

9 minutes ago, thejosef said:

Yeah I'm in a very competitive 12 team league (championship!) and all I have available for my flex is Cole or Wright.  I think I'm going with Cole, just due to Bortles playing so well.  

Same exact situation, and was debating between Cole and Wright.  With the exception of some drastic news breaking before the game, I'm going with Cole.  He's been productive the last three weeks.  Could he throw up a stinker, sure.  But, I certainly prefer to take my chances with him, rather than a WR on an extremely conservative, Bears offense.

29 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Not in a good 12 team league with 3 WRs starting every week with opponents who know what they are doing, and then you lose Brown in the semifinals.   Not all of us play in 10 teams leagues with half of the players who are only casual NFL fans.

27 minutes ago, thejosef said:

Also in a very competitive 12 team standard league where I went RB heavy in the draft.   I may have to start Cole AND Wright in my championship game because my best WR the last couple of weeks has a back issue(Goodwin) and my best WR overall has a bum shoulder(Funchess). I will definitely be starting one of them as my WR3 and right now that is Cole.

Edited by chief79

[ A couple more deleted.  @Patsgofor6, cheap shots about other peoples' leagues are not welcome here. Everyone else: if someone's being a jerk, report the post to us instead of escalating. ]

Thinking of pairing Westbrook/cole together and taking the risk. I even have Bortles on my bench but I’m sticking with keenum as my starter. What you guys think? In a very competitive 12 team as well 

44 minutes ago, flightboy10 said:

Thinking of pairing Westbrook/cole together and taking the risk. I even have Bortles on my bench but I’m sticking with keenum as my starter. What you guys think? In a very competitive 12 team as well 

I think Keenum gets you that safe floor, but also it's a game the Vikings might dominate and run nonstop. Difficult to choose between Dede and Cole, and while playing them both will guarantee some points, Fournette's return might undermine your success. My two cents.

I have Cole on my bench in three leagues, and I don't think I'm going to fire him up, but mostly due to having safer starters, not because I think he'll fail.

I've got both Westbrook and Cole.

I'm a believer in regression to the mean (whether positive or negative).

Cole had a huge game last week, Westbrook was invisible.

Personally, I'm going Westbrook.  Just have a feeling it's his week.

16 hours ago, flightboy10 said:

I get that its hard to bench Keenum, not saying you should, just keep in mind that the game tonight in Green Bay is going to be very cold, gametime forecast between 10 and 15 degrees (thankfully the game is saturday and not monday night, when the forecast is 0 degrees).  keenum has 11th percentile hand size, 9.125", might be a little harder for him to toss a frozen ball around. 

Bort playing against a weak pass D, although SF has played much better lately and the game is in cali.  The circumstances are certainly ripe for a Bort meltdown game.  

Edited by phatrat
Assistant coach content removed

9 hours ago, fakespike said:

The circumstances are certainly ripe for a Bort meltdown game.  

Jerk! Quit with the jinxing! Lol! I’m already worried that might happen, you don’t have to stoke my fears! Ha ha!

Haven't seen a single snap from Cole other than highlight's from last week.  Really like his footwork/route running, and he's damn quick.  He seems like a nightmare out of the slot.  If we can attribute the uptick in his targets to Lee being out, is there any reason to believe Cole has this low floor that I've seen people saying in this thread?  With Hurns out I'm throwing this guy in the slot over the likes of Dez/Funchess/Bibbs.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:56 AM, TennisMenace said:

Who saw this coming?  I don’t know anything about Cole, but I can’t believe his track record in college was any better than Dede’s and I can’t imagine his preseason was any better.  What the heck happened Dede?  Smh

Dede drew two pass interference calls in the end zone last week so he could have scored twice . They are all out there at once in  bunch formations 

2 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Haven't seen a single snap from Cole other than highlight's from last week.  Really like his footwork/route running, and he's damn quick.  He seems like a nightmare out of the slot.  If we can attribute the uptick in his targets to Lee being out, is there any reason to believe Cole has this low floor that I've seen people saying in this thread?  With Hurns out I'm throwing this guy in the slot over the likes of Dez/Funchess/Bibbs.

With Lee and Hurns out, I see no reason to bench him. I believe both he and Dede should have good games. 

The Hurns news really alters his target projection share. Him and Bortle service running hot too!

I've got him locked in one league with 3 WR spots, and I am highly debating putting him in the WR2 spot over Matthews in a fairly big $ final...

Well it's official. Rotoblurbs is talking up Cole so time to sell. 

13 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The Hurns news really alters his target projection share. Him and Bortle service running hot too!

I've got him locked in one league with 3 WR spots, and I am highly debating putting him in the WR2 spot over Matthews in a fairly big $ final...

Why does it matter what WR spot you have him in?

6 hours ago, ccimore said:

Why does it matter what WR spot you have him in?

i think he means one league has 3 wr spots the other had 2 

On 12/25/2017 at 8:14 AM, ponchsox said:

Thank God I flexed Cole, made up for Rudolph’s stinker. Gives me a chance to win tonight.

I'm happy to be wrong on Cole. Got him in dynasty and he's barely touched on his potential. The Jags just need to keep letting him eat. We've found this year's Stefon Diggs. 

Edited by pikerbkb