Sign in to follow this  
kev777zero

[Yahoo] Can trade be processed if player on IL loses INJ tag during trade pending period? WHIR

I have a trade accepted today on Yahoo. Now one of my player that was sitting on IL list (CP3) lost his INJ label. Will the trade still be processed once the 2 day transaction pending period is over if I keep CP3 on IL list? WHIR

I don’t think it will.... couple of yrs ago I had a situation like that in baseball and trade got “vetoed” by the system since one team was over the player limit

When I try adding a free agent or claiming waivers it wouldn't allow me, but somehow I am still able to propose trades...tempting to experiment but at the same time I really want this current trade to go through.

If it’s a league of ppl you know you can ask them if they can ignore your drop to make the trade go through, so once the trade is processed you can re-add the player

I thought I'd reply to this even thought it's years later as I spent hours researching this topic with a ton of conflicting answers.

I had a player on IR who went from OUT to QUESTIONABLE. I proposed a trade with another team for a straight 1:1 swap - my WR for his QB. Yahoo allowed the trade to process, we had the "waiting period", last night it posted as successful and the players were traded. So it does in fact allow this to happen. Just to try things out, I attempted to pick up a player off of the wire and it flagged the move as having an ineligible player in the IR spot and wouldn't let me proceed.

So in summary, the 1:1 trade will successfully work with an ineligible player in the IR spot but a waiver move will not.

Good luck!

Baroo, excellent post, you're spot on. I've literally searched for hours on this topic and see so many conflicting opinions. Yahoo! recently (I believe within the last year) changed their rules for IR with regards to waiver adds, and I believe trades as well. A few things managers should now note to obtain a competitive advantage over the less informed! 

First thing to consider is that Yahoo! will never allow a transaction for an 'add' or 'trade' to be submitted if it makes your roster ineligible. That being said, ANY transaction that has been submitted and is pending will process regardless as to whether a player in on your IR is ineligible, or comes off IR during the processing waiting period. For fantasy football, because players designated as 'out' can be put on your IR, use it where possible and gain an extra roster spot. But also expect that a player who is 'out' to change to 'questionable' on Tuesday.  Best practice therefore will be to submit your weekly waivers on Monday (MNF is a great time to do this!). Once the waiver claim has been submitted, the player on your IR changing from 'out' to 'q', before the (standard) Wednesday AM processing time will NOT have an impact on your claims! So you can continue to keep that ineligible player on your IR and add. 

What's more is that Yahoo! is now allowing managers to offer trades with an ineligible player on IR. Yes, to OFFER. This has recently changed. Again, as long as the offer request (to trade) is allowed at the time it's submitted (with no 'stop message' displayed), Yahoo! will not prevent the trade to process regardless of whether the player(s) or your IR become ineligible at any time during the offering time (while the other manager considers the offer), OR after the trade has been accepted and is in a veto review period or processing period. 

Again, if the add or trade has been created in Yahoo!, it is therefore allowable, and a change of a players designation on your IR will have no impact to the processing of the request. 

Hope this helps everyone! (Except anyone I'm playing against). 

-Nov 9th, 2019