richg24

Wesley Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

He is putting up some juicy lines lately. stocks everywhere. 

Can he sustain this role when Gallo comes back or nah?

Nah but I streamed him today over Chalmers, Marco, etc.

Worked out well but likely would be dropped for dunn tomorrow.

There's so many solid pick ups right now that I wouldn't do anything drastic to get this guy. He has a history of teasing owners. He could be a post post hype ala Marvin Williams or James Johnson where he just needed the right situation and can play off of griffins playmaking, but he's only suitable for desperate owners or deep leagues currently.

I put him in my Shane battier and Matt Barnes pile. They're the type of guys that put together 4 good games and as soon as you pick them up it's garbage across the board only to do it all over again. 

When gallinari is back he'll likely disappear into obscurity.

• Like 5

Wes Johnson is a guy who responds well to opportunity, but as pointed out above, it has never really lasted. If you have a loser, cut him and sign Wes, roll him out there until he puts up a stinker. Then re-evaluate. When he gets 25+ and starts, he's odds-on start-worthy, but he's about as reliable as a weather forecast 30 days out.

• Like 1

run and pick him up. 3rd quarter just ended and he has. 21 pts, 5 treys, 1 stl, 1 blk, 7/8 fg and 0 turnovers. even if it's just while gallo is out he is worth the pickup. maybe the minutes stick anyway who knows, he is starting to break out

• Like 1

I know he's starting at SF right now due to Gallo's injury, but is it now possible he may start at SG with Bev out for the ROS? 

Edited by 2013myyear

23 minutes ago, 2013myyear said:

I know he's starting at SF right now due to Gallo's injury, but is it now possible he may start at SG with Bev out for the ROS? 

i like your thinking bro. that would be awesome and not unreasonable if he can keep knocking down 3s. had 5 tonight so they should ride him

9 minutes ago, richg24 said:

i like your thinking bro. that would be awesome and not unreasonable if he can keep knocking down 3s. had 5 tonight so they should ride him

Yeah, Idk if they're just gona bump Lou Williams into the starting lineup or keep giving this rookie Thornwall or whatever minutes. Either way, Wes will benefit, but it would be great to see him starting even when Gallo returns. Rivers can ride the bench where he belongs when Teodosic returns. 

Johnson has been sneaky in nine-category leagues and he may have value in deeper formats until Gallo gets back.

hmm..this rotoworld writer is really underselling it..MAY have value in DEEPER formats?? gj bro

he's been rosterable in standard leagues since Gallo went down

Edited by LuN

he could stick in the rotation with some productive minutes.  Need to see a little bit more, but he fits my team needs perfectly

Picked him up - has the opportunity and talent to provide in 3s, steals, and blocks (very useful). That being said, he is known for being very inconsistent.

Very important that Doc plays him at least 10 total SG/PF minutes when Gallo returns, with that being said Johnson is a very underrated 1/1/1 asset to own if given 25+ minutes like he did a couple seasons ago with LAC. Dekker is someone to worry about if Doc decides to blow it up and play the young guys but I like Wes J's chances of maintaining a role.

• Like 1

The injury changes things, his opportunity is there to slide in to the starting SG position when Gal is back. He is having a breakout right now. Worth seeing how things shake out, short term productivity as well as long term potential. 

• Like 1

he is being what we hoped and expected josh richardson to be. the beverly injury should definitely allow him to get more consistent minutes. i'm holding even after Gallo is back to see how it works. 

also remember, if the minutes do stick and he has value ROS, he is going to be money because of Clippers 4-4-4 epic playoff schedule in Yahoo default playoff weeks. Clippers only team with that perfect sched.

Edited by richg24
  • Thanks 1

1 block,  1 steal,  2 threes, 0 turnovers.... What were you guys expecting? 20 PPG? lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ink said:

drop this clown

Trash player. 28th rank player in the past 2 weeks is just not rosterable in my 2 team league.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, socra7es said:

Trash player. 28th rank player in the past 2 weeks is just not rosterable in my 2 team league.

2 weeks is a very small sample size. The question is how long it's going last - historically he's not trustworthy. 

2 hours ago, sickrookie said:

2 weeks is a very small sample size. The question is how long it's going last - historically he's not trustworthy. 

2 weeks is a larger sample size than 1 game (but apparently not on RW forums lol).

Outlook next 2 months with Blake out? Will the Clip go small and shift Gallo to the 4?? When Gallo comes back will Wes shift back to the bench??  At worst he’s a 3 and D guy looking at a 25 Min role off the bench I️ think.