.......afteeerrrrtthhoooughhtt......

G:wub:  with the Fr:ph34r:

He had to say it out of respect. Jah might have his feelings hurt again. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Live look at Jah...:(

27 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

He had to say it out of respect. Jah might have his feelings hurt again. :lol:

I think the 3 fouls Jahlil got really pushed up his stats... but he is good as a sources of blocks ROS

@XOrad10:  Yeaaaah, was watching this last night and was gonna post it.

Honestly though, Allen's not that impressive as a baller, at least from the eye test in the highlights on the offensive end.

I think he's just REALLY good at cutting and getting closer to the basket as other players focus on the ball-handler (e.g. Levert or Dinwiddie).  

Most of his attempts are basically uncontested dunks/layups and the occasional hook.  I do see he's got SOME range, which is nice if they ever play two Cs together.

The downside is that he's got the Okafor/Embiid penchant for lowering the ball in the post if he ever offensively rebounds or attempts to post up (which rarely happens), so he gets stripped fairly easily.

Still, I grabbed him every league so I'm clamoring to watch him play more.  Levert should be back, so more alley oops would be nice, though I still think defenses will wise up on defending him as a roller or cutter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MWon said:

@XOrad10:  Yeaaaah, was watching this last night and was gonna post it.

Honestly though, Allen's not that impressive as a baller, at least from the eye test in the highlights on the offensive end.

I think he's just REALLY good at cutting and getting closer to the basket as other players focus on the ball-handler (e.g. Levert or Dinwiddie).  

Most of his attempts are basically uncontested dunks/layups and the occasional hook.  I do see he's got SOME range, which is nice if they ever play two Cs together.

This is simply not true.  He has range out to 15 feet (look at :15 second mark of video above).  He also can hit floaters in the lane and has very advanced footwork for a young big.  He is clearly NOT simply a pick and roll big.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Averaging 7 boards in the last 2 weeks... 

I'd rather sub par boards if I'm getting 2 blks a game

7 in 19 minutes is a bad return?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

This is simply not true.  He has range out to 15 feet (look at :15 second mark of video above).  He also can hit floaters in the lane and has very advanced footwork for a young big.  He is clearly NOT simply a pick and roll big.

I see he got some soft a** touch for a big dude(lay ups, mid range, floathers, hook). His PNR & pick and pop both look really good.

He was around 55% FT from college I don't know what happened this summer but now he's in 70s, and I think this could even be up to 77% at the end of the season. 

I see a breakout second half.

• Like 1

He also hit a corner 3 a couple games ago. Which can happen sometimes based on how the Nets play, the C can sometimes get open corner looks for 3. For better or worse. 

6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I know, that was the jumper I referenced.  However, even guys like Capela will hit those on occasion.  I stand corrected on floaters (from the games I've watched, it's usually hooks and layups), but I would strongly disagree on the advanced footwork, unless you're giving the asterisk on the 'young big' part.  I literally have not said the words "pick and roll" or any of the sort when talking about Allen, so unless you're saying that aside from my own quote, no, I don't think he is ONLY a P&R big man either (though at 33.5% of his usage coming there, he's rated #10 in the league for how often his scoring relies on it).

That being said, I WILL say he's got an aptitude for knowing when to sneak off from his man on offense for dump-offs, and for being able to run lanes or simply getting himself open for easy shots.  My point was that he hasn't yet been challenged consistently by opposing bigs who aren't in a 1 on 2 scenario, where they've got to help on the ball-handler and leave him open out of necessity (or ignorance).

Not gonna be TOO hard on the guy (after all, I stash/grab him in every league I'm in), but then again, I'm not gonna say he's got a polished offensive game either until he goes up against defense that actually focuses in on him rather than leave him.

I'd be ecstatic if he gave me 11 points, 7 boards, 1.5 blocks on 60% FG and 75% FT. Let's hope! 

Now THAT I think, is certainly possible.  He's actually at 85% for the last SEVEN games (though some were low volume), so while it's probably not sustainable, I'd imagine he could probably get about a DAJ-averaged FG%.  Boards are a bit iffy once RHJ returns, since that guy can really grab them, but I think the blocks should improve to about 1.5.

Jarrett "Baby Face" Allen is gonna breakout like the teenager he is! 

Accept the Fro in your life and ye shall be saved...don't ...and feel the wrath!

My favorite play is when he put JoJo in the spin cycle...and I'm a Sixers fan! I was so torn! 

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

Wow such high expectations from Allen! I'm all aboard too. Would you guys rather have him or Chriss though

I like the way Brooklyn is backing Allen and his skillset and demeanor on the court better than Chriss' at the moment... I would go with Allen... I really liked Chriss at my draft both last year, this year and before his injury...I owned him, then dropped him..multiple times... then I had a choice recently, rescoop Chriss or finally enjoy the fruits of the Fro... I chose the latter...

great DFS option v Lakers tonite too

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lilremix328 said:

Wow such high expectations from Allen! I'm all aboard too. Would you guys rather have him or Chriss though

SUCH a tough call.. I picked both of them but will most likely have to drop one next week when Dunn comes back..

Chriss: got fat during summer/bum 1st half. I think he regained form recently but if his FG% FT% fouls don't go up he'll hover around top 150-200 even with 1/1/1

Allen: shooting unsustainable 85% FG recently.. finally starting.. uncapped upside..

I can only say we'd have to wait till few more games..if I had to pick NOW depends on your needs.. Chriss: 1/1/1 poor %s Allen: solid percentage big man

11 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

SUCH a tough call.. I picked both of them but will most likely have to drop one next week when Dunn comes back..

Chriss: got fat during summer/bum 1st half. I think he regained form recently but if his FG% FT% fouls don't go up he'll hover around top 150-200 even with 1/1/1

Allen: shooting unsustainable 85% FG recently.. finally starting.. uncapped upside..

I can only say we'd have to wait till few more games..if I had to pick NOW depends on your needs.. Chriss: 1/1/1 poor %s Allen: solid percentage big man

I dumped all my Chrisses for Allens in all my leagues the second it was announced that Allen was starting. I’ve been high on Chriss as well but Allen’s upside is slightly higher - he could end up being Waiver wire year pick ups like Turner 2yrs ago or Whiteside/Gobert 3yrs ago

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

I dumped all my Chrisses for Allens in all my leagues the second it was announced that Allen was starting. I’ve been high on Chriss as well but Allen’s upside is slightly higher - he could end up being Waiver wire year pick ups like Turner 2yrs ago or Whiteside/Gobert 3yrs ago

Going to have a real close eye on both of these guys tonight and see what happens.

1 hour ago, kev777zero said:

Great point! Let's hope this DBL/DBL and blks potential continues.