dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Was gonna just stream him, but I've gotta hold now. Might drop Lopez instead. Think he has way more upside ROS

Indeed he does. He only the wire in one of my leagues. I hope he's there til' Monday morning. I ran out of adds. People are really sleeping on this kid. I would've added him after last game, dropped Byombo. but can't. Be surprised if he's still there by Monday.

Improving so fast.. especially his footwork. Maybe jah is helping him lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I remember a few years back, Brandon Wright was top 60 with only 6 shots at almost 70% plus 4 rebounds and 1 block. If the trend continues, J Allen will be top 40 or even top 30 going forward and he is just 19. This draft class is as deep as the Pacific Ocean.

A 2nd rounder next year? 

Edited by littlesamtung

32 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

I remember a few years back, Brandon Wright was top 60 with only 6 shots at almost 70% plus 4 rebounds and 1 block. If the trend continues, J Allen will be top 40 or even top 30 going forward and he is just 19. This draft class is as deep as the Pacific Ocean.

A 2nd rounder next year? 

As a Allen owner, this is music to my ears, BUT we have to hope he continues this type of play once RHJ returns. Then at some point DLO will replace Crabbe. With all that said, I have a good feeling Allen will reach top 75 with potential of reaching top 50. 

Edited by XOrad10
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Damn, I want to grab him, but idk who to drop between Taj and RHJ. He seems like the real deal..a fg% anchor

I'd easily go Taj there, but for what it's worth, Id probably consider dropping RHJ for him too. RHJ is so injury prone, and the last month and half or so of the season haven't been as hot as he started out. Now Allen and Jah playing well at center, Carroll playing well (some 4), and coach loving Acy (4 and 5 minutes) theres less minutes to go around. I think Allens potential is higher and his floor will also become higher

• Like 1

God damn I am disgusted I didn't add 5 days ago when I contemplated it hard, now I am owning the corpse of James John and nightmare Chriss smh. 

im dead GIF

Edited by chud12
  • Haha 3

Seems that his moment has finally arrived. We all could see it coming for a while, however seeing his performances during the first part of the season, where he only excelled in the defensive end ,I didn't imagine that the guy could be that good once unleashed.

Nice footwork and seems that he could develop a decent jumper shot.

Nets have done a remarkable job unveiling new talent :  Levert, Dinwiddie and now him. Hats off to  Marks

• Like 2

Dropped Portis for Allen in 10 Team.

Much more 9cat friendly.

1 hour ago, wildcat62 said:

RHJ will hurt his numbers IMHO

Scooped Allen last night but totally forgot RHJ has been out.

2 hours ago, wildcat62 said:

RHJ will hurt his numbers IMHO

Sorry don't see the correlation here.  RHJ plays mostly PF and Allen at center.  Okafor will back up Allen, Acy will back up RHJ, Zeller and Mozgov completely out of the rotation.

what a huge over reaction by rotoworld saying he'll be top 50 rest of way. comparing his footwork to kareem.... what the f

RHJ will absolutely cut into his production. he could be a henson type ROS

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Anyone thinking he cannot he keep this up?

part of me wants to sell high. Seems too good to be true. 

In redrafts, consider selling high.  Always peaks and valleys for rookies.  In keeper formats, will have to pry him away from my cold dead hands.

10 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

Improving so fast.. especially his footwork. Maybe jah is helping him lol

Looks damn good man. Very quick on the pick and rolls. Lots of energy. Good composure and footwork on a bunch of those post moves. The FRO just takes him over the top too and it will make him popular 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mackdonald said:

Anyone thinking he cannot he keep this up?

part of me wants to sell high. Seems too good to be true. 

Definitely but I'm only accepting a home run offer for him.  I got offered THJ for him and I declined.  Allen will probably have some games with foul trouble and limited floor time, and teams will probably start to work him out a little bit.  Defenders will start staying home and not leave him to help on D as much in order to box him out/keep him off the offensive boards.  You have to wonder though how far can his production really drop if he's getting this kind of playing time?  He's not doing anything outrageous on offense.  He's just screening, rolling hard, and catching lobs.  He could easily do that for 10 possessions a game as long as his team mates look for him and all signs currently point to DLo, DinWiddie and Levert (especially Levert) actively looking to pass to him and not just using him for picks to get their own shot off. 

He's doing what Javale McGee should have been doing from the minute he got into the NBA except McGee is too dumb.

• Like 2

I think a lot of us are anxious, but nervous, about his breakout potential. He can't be this good right?? But then his numbers keep creeping up, a long with his mins. I read an interview where Atkinson says they were frustrated that he was taking mid range jumpers, and that they asked him to take better percentage shots at the rim. If you notice, his fg% has drastically increased because of it. This can be the real deal..he can be a stud, even when RHJ returns. Besides, I think RHJ will take more attention away from him..allowing him to keep getting free at the rim.

Edited by ItaliaBBALL
  • Like 1

264.jpg

"I'm going to draft him in the 3rd round next year." - Mike Gallagher

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

264.jpg

Boban and Allen 2/3 turn 

4 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

264.jpg