dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

36 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

How do we feel he will fare today against the great John Henson?

Always best to keep expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised. The most important thing will be for the minutes to still be there and to avoid foul trouble.

So far so good. I felt he got a blk that he did not get credited with, but looks good out there against a tough team. Hopefully the blowout does not cost him minutes.

2pts 1 reb in the first quarter due to two fouls. At the half now its 8 and 5.

The kid is doing good!

I thought that was a legit block, but who knows. I feel like he is a poor man's Kanter..with the potential to put up Kanter numbers in a couple of weeks time

4 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I thought that was a legit block, but who knows. I feel like he is a poor man's Kanter..with the potential to put up Kanter numbers in a couple of weeks time

Stocks will come. That 7'6 wingspan ain't no joke 

• Like 2

Allen boosts up our fg% ridiculously high and he does it consistently.

With 1 or 2 stocks, it could have been a much better game. The whole team got destroyed defensively however.

1 hour ago, ThisIsSparta said:

I swear he got credited with two blocks, but both were taken away. :angry: Silver lining, the minutes and production are there.

I know, what a buzzkill, it happened to him twice in this game, credited with a block and moments later taken away... weird.

12 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

I know, what a buzzkill, it happened to him twice in this game, credited with a block and moments later taken away... weird.

who knows, they might give it back in stats correction

• Like 3

all in on allen? nets traded zeller. actually okafor still on the team but not much of a threat. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Zeller's been out of the rotation recently, but this is still definitely good news!

Yeah, it means they are sticking with J-Allen and don't need that 3rd center.

3 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I think this is better news for Okafor. 

Zeller was already out of the rotation the last games, but what this will show is that they fully trust Allen now. This will be a boost to his confidence and he will now feel like the position is his own. Thus, it won't affect his PT much, if at all, but it could increase his motivation, aggression, and responsibility. Worst case scenario things stay as they are #fganchor

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Zeller was already out of the rotation the last games, but what this will show is that they fully trust Allen now. This will be a boost to his confidence and he will now feel like the position is his own. Thus, it won't affect his PT much, if at all, but it could increase his motivation, aggression, and responsibility. Worst case scenario things stay as they are #fganchor

yay more fouls :P jk but it is good for allen yay

15 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

Yeah, it means they are sticking with J-Allen and don't need that 3rd center.

<cough Mozgov is still around, haha cough> :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good to see them send Zeller packing to Milwaukee. This is confirmation we didn't even need, it's more of a security blanket. All systems go, young beast!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I'm on board too all!

Welcome. If he starts getting 1-2 blks consistently he is going to be fantasy gold.