dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Brook Lopez-lite. Vs capela, who i have also, so it's whatever... for now.

Edited by fantasick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, fantasick said:

Brook Lopez-lite. Vs capela, who i have also, so it's whatever... for now.

Me too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

wtf

 

Why did Okafor get more mins?

 

I can't win with the Nets' centers

Possibly showcasing Okafor...? Maybe... but I ain’t complaining with Allen’s production tonight... he’ll only get better going forward, I reckon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had 12 shots.. could've hit 20. Although rebounds is underwhelming. Looks like I gotta start watching some Nets games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't paying too much attention to the game, but I think it was starting to get away from the nets and then the bench got it a bit close again, which is why Okafor stayed on longer (I THINK). Either way, Allen is looking good. he has gotten 11 shots in every game for the past 3 games, and he was unlucky not to make some easy ones today. With that volume he can be a huge FG% asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I wasn't paying too much attention to the game, but I think it was starting to get away from the nets and then the bench got it a bit close again, which is why Okafor stayed on longer (I THINK). Either way, Allen is looking good. he has gotten 11 shots in every game for the past 3 games, and he was unlucky not to make some easy ones today. With that volume he can be a huge FG% asset.

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

Edited by littlesamtung
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

 

Yeah, I watched the game, and that's what it seemed like. The game started off great - the first unit's offense was actually clicking (rare nowadays), and they had a plus rating overall. Then, after the second unit was inserted, they were picked apart by CP3 and fell behind, eventually falling behind in double digits. In the fourth quarter, at the 8-minute mark, the starters were re-inserted but yanked after only two minutes, with 6 minutes left in the game. Beside being annoyed, I was actually also confused until I remembered they were tanking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chill, guy is averaging 9.6 rebs per 36mins, and 6.7 rebs (2.5 OReb) in last 10 games.

As a 19-year-old rookie, he has been outstanding in TO and PF control, with a good FG% and FT%.

He still got a long way to go. Expect him to be inconsistent from time to time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i saw from him he likes to switch on smaller guys and stay away from basket..that is great but not for fantasy maybe im wrong but he might be bit inconsistent with rebounding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

 

Maybe they will tank so they can get a top draft pick to waste by trading for more bloated veteran contracts. :rolleyes: Nets' specialty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys see him doing against Drummond and Griffin tonight? I love what I've seen so far, but I don't know about this matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

How do you guys see him doing against Drummond and Griffin tonight? I love what I've seen so far, but I don't know about this matchup.

Maybe he'll rise to the occasion. He'll definitely do better than okafor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even when he doesn't get rebounds his lines are like TJ Warren lines with a bit less points and better FG%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thetomkuczek said:

How do you guys see him doing against Drummond and Griffin tonight? I love what I've seen so far, but I don't know about this matchup.

I assume Drummond will have 25 reb game (10 OREB at least).. he is really monster last few weeks, my guess is our boy catches 2 quick fouls and never gets it going tonight..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akauders said:

I assume Drummond will have 25 reb game (10 OREB at least).. he is really monster last few weeks, my guess is our boy catches 2 quick fouls and never gets it going tonight..

 

 

mmm, not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 boards in half a quarter.. on his way to a double double hopefully.  Funny how he gets 2 one game but 4 in the first 5 minutes against the best rebounder in the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K so we got the boards and blocks now, but not points, just a matter of time before we get a complete game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...