dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

20 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

Thank you.

Jarrett Allen was put into the starting lineup one game after RHJ was injured. Tyler Zeller wasn't traded until 02/05. I believe Atkinson needed someone in the starting lineup who can run the pick and roll and cut to the basket like RHJ. Once RHJ returns, Allen will lose some of his touches and 1-2 rebounds a game. His rank average for the last 2 weeks is 47! He can still be a good glue guy b/c he has good percentages and only hurts you in the assists and threes category but his value is definitely going to dip.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BRK/2018_start.html

Why though? Have you ever watched him play? Plays don't get run for him and he doesn't need much usage to score 12-14 points easy. I don't get why a guy coming back that plays a different position, and is not an imposing offensive player, will hurt Allen. The logic is weak and you state it as a fact that rhj will hurt his value. It's not like it's some Blake Griffin type pf returning scoring over 20 a game and taking up tons of possessions. Rhj is a good defensive roleplayer that can guard a bunch of positions, he can't shoot and he has no vision.

Why don't you also post rhj numbers over the last 30 days before he got injured and see how much he regressed from early season numbers? He regressed so much that his season average is now 11 pts 6.5 rebs 0.8 steals and 0.7 blocks. Borderline unrosterable since he doesn't hit any 3s, only good for certain builds that need some rebs with decent efficiency. 

2 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

2 words Anthony Davis 

Yea, it's matchup based I think. He will be fine. At least he is getting good boards out there.

Matchups. Allen was ineffective, but then Jah came in and was also ineffective on D versus penetration from Rondo. So Allen is back in and at least protecting the rim from penetration. But Nets still getting torched at every turn by Brow.

Sometimes there is just no answer.

• Like 1

They're going small this game. Acy playing the 5 down the stretch. No biggie. What's more impressive is 8 points and 9 boards in just 17 minutes with no turnovers 

2 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

I wouldn’t worry. 

Look guys.... you got him from the wire. You cannot complain 

Exactly. Mid season league winner who should be top 50 ROS

Even with the Nets going small, I'm still wondering wtf was Kenny's mindset.

"Oh, Allen's not effective, so let's go small and sacrifice 6'7 Acy at C to the best center in the NBA." 

Like, did they REALLY think that'd work?  Did they really just assume they couldn't stop AD, go small, and just pray they could outscore the Pellies while AD wouldn't hurt them that much?  

Granted, I didn't watch the game.  But I'm looking at Carroll and Harris fouling out, the Nets' collective shooting percentages, and AD having one of the sickest box scores I've ever seen...and then looking at Allen's minutes and having 0 fouls, and wondering, "well, maybe you should've actually attempted using a real C."

Honestly, it seems like the only reason the Nets were able to force OT is because the Pellies choked on a ton of FTs while the Nets were nearly perfect there.

Oh, I benched Allen and I've got AD in a few leagues, so I'm not complaining.  It's just bad coaching.

Just now, MWon said:

Even with the Nets going small, I'm still wondering wtf was Kenny's mindset.

"Oh, Allen's not effective, so let's go small and sacrifice 6'7 Acy at C to the best center in the NBA." 

Like, did they REALLY think that'd work?  Did they really just assume they couldn't stop AD, go small, and just pray they could outscore the Pellies while AD wouldn't hurt them that much?  

Granted, I didn't watch the game.  But I'm looking at Carroll and Harris fouling out, the Nets' collective shooting percentages, and AD having one of the sickest box scores I've ever seen...and then looking at Allen's minutes and having 0 fouls, and wondering, "well, maybe you should've actually attempted using a real C."

Honestly, it seems like the only reason the Nets were able to force OT is because the Pellies choked on a ton of FTs while the Nets were nearly perfect there.

Oh, I benched Allen and I've got AD in a few leagues, so I'm not complaining.  It's just bad coaching.

They came back from down 28 in this game, so yeah, I think it did work out okay for them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

They came back from down 28 in this game, so yeah, I think it did work out okay for them. 

Yeah...and lost.  By 10. 

You can't use a loss (even if it was a comeback) as a counterpoint when we don't even know how Allen would've done with more minutes; hell, even though individual plus/minus don't really indicate true performance, Allen's tonight really weren't bad, and a near dub-dub on great efficiency in limited minutes also intriguing. 

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

If the Pellies had made about 5 more FTs (for a still average 76%) and Dinwiddie didn't go 12-12 from the line (and the team 95% on 21/22), this probably wouldn't have been close.  

9 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah...and lost.  By 10. 

You can't use a loss (even if it was a comeback) as a counterpoint when we don't even know how Allen would've done with more minutes; hell, even though individual plus/minus don't really indicate true performance, Allen's tonight really weren't bad, and a near dub-dub on great efficiency in limited minutes also intriguing. 

If the Pellies had made about 5 more FTs (for a still average 76%) and Dinwiddie didn't go 12-12 from the line (and the team 95% on 21/22), this probably wouldn't have been close.  

LOL what? What a simplistic way of looking at the game without watching. Let me just remind that these coaches could not care less about fantasy stats.  It was really clear watching the game that Allen couldn't guard AD. That's not his fault. Not a lot of people in the world can. Acy is quicker and the coaching staff thought maybe he could disrupt him more. That's why he played 40 minutes and Allen and Okafor played 22 combined. 

And more importantly, it's the Nets dude. They're a bad team so of course they lost. Coming down from 28 is impressive regardless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ak427 said:

LOL what? What a simplistic way of looking at the game without watching.

4 minutes ago, ak427 said:

And more importantly, it's the Nets dude. They're a bad team so of course they lost.

We should really just be glad he's healthy and that he only got benched cuz he can't guard AD.

Still Loving the ROS

Kenny apparently thinks Acy will be a difference maker for the Nets. Probably lol..sigh

Did Kenny put him in for like a minute in the 4th and then empty his bench immediately after? He was able to get 2 points while in and then gets yanked. I dont get this minutes distribution.

1 minute ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

Did Kenny put him in for like a minute in the 4th and then empty his bench immediately after? He was able to get 2 points while in and then gets yanked. I dont get this minutes distribution.

I don't get it either... kinda frustrating...